Northeast and northwest folks I would like strain input and management info

If you are from the northeast or northwest and grow outside you are most likely dealing with our old nemesis "bud rot" because we have had seriously poor weather... unless of course you have a strain that somehow avoids it.

I have one hybrid that bloomed late that missed the really bad stretch. It is not a known hybrid so the info won't help folks, but maybe in the northeast late bloomers are needed...but...they then have to finish fast!! :cheesygrinsmiley:

So what strains are beating bud rot?

and as a bonus question... short of cutting are you able to manage when bud rot hits? if so how?

PS

f u bud rot

edit -- maybe my strain info is pertinent as this plant seems to be a fast budder

Haze x (hash bud plant x indica leaning commercial)

the haze made it go long and the other got it to bud fast

Re: northeast and norhtwest folks I would like strain input and management info

im in northern new england been 3 seasons now never had issue with bud rot (hope i never do) i had issues this grow with deer,wild pigs,bears,caterpillars and trying to be ninja now as you know dealing with the loss of all the vegataion cuz of season change made it last year to october17th and that was pushing it the weather been on my side sunny/dry i got a wierd plan to try and help i posted it earlier on a different thread not worrying about the law as much as RIPPERS the scum that they are

im in northern new england been 3 seasons now never had issue with bud rot (hope i never do) i had issues this grow with deer,wild pigs,bears,caterpillars and trying to be ninja now as you know dealing with the loss of all the vegataion cuz of season change made it last year to october17th and that was pushing it the weather been on my side sunny/dry i got a wierd plan to try and help i posted it earlier on a different thread not worrying about the law as much as RIPPERS the scum that they are

What strain/strains are you running?

i dont know it was from bagseed it is sativa all ready 7 weeks since flowers showed never got any or had a chance to get seeds that i know what they are paranoid of ordering on line even chatting on this web site i started them from seed march 17th put outside in a small greenhouse april 20th at my site may 4th alot of work bringing the soil to site a mixture of my grass clippings,leaves,pig and dog s%@t that has been composting for 3yrs being turned over once a month even in winter i visit them once a week(had 22 at the start but(deer,hateful wild pigs killed my dog,bears,caterpillars and evrey other creature in the woods/field) and give them 2tbs of molasses per gallon of water(i think the molasses attracted all the wild life) just once a week and they are massive 2 1/2 base stem got 4 or 5 weeks to go

my bad got ahead of my self pulled 10 males so i got 4 left i wish i knew more about strains to help you out when i first put them outside on the 4th of may for good evrey night for 2 weeks heavy frost in catskill mountains and didnt lose 1 plant so i am not worried about the cold(famous last words)maybe grew learning how to fight the cold ah hell i dont know if i had 1 or 2 weeks left i wouldnt be so worried but halloween it aint looking good someone is gonna find them

Hey folks

I got a little feedback in my journal. It was just what I was doing so I thought I would put it out there.

I won't spray anything on my buds.

I go looking for bud rot and do not touch any till I know where it all is, then with a super sharp knife I cut out all the rot and remove it from the area. I go wash my hands and use hand sanitizer. I grab my trusty bottle of SNS fungicide and some Q-tips. I apply the fungicide to the Q-tip and apply only on the affected areas. I don't know if it helps but it makes me feel like I am fighting the fight and it does not destroy good bud with "stuff"

Mandala #1 is a vigorous plant and really saved my butt this year because I planted late, in mid July. The stretch made up for my procrastination. To be fair, it was wet this year and I am a swamp grower. Hollands Hope is really mold resistant. Wonder Woman is a huge plant for yield and the buds are easy to trim. It is, however, a heavy feeder and gets very tall.

Other hybrids I've grown and liked include Kaya Gold, Guerrilla Gusto, Master Kush, Swiss Cheese and White Widow. These hybrids must by harvested by mid September ready or not. Even trying to go another week or two risks bud rot and an 10 to 30 % loss. It spreads so fast through the buds. Especially the Master Kush being so thick. The Kaya Gold and Guerrilla Gusto are sativa dominant highs. Kush is always nice. Swiss Cheese was delicous and White Widow was potent.

Back
Top Bottom