Northern Light XL autos

Bud Love

Hi to all
Hope the worlds treating you well.

big thanks for all the help last time.. surprisingly, had a 320g yield dried an cured.
still enjoying the rewards.
THANKS ALL
My latest issue is regarding Northern light xl auto.

medium. 15 ltr pot. Coir, clay pebbles
light... 1200w led- 20/4 -1 meter above ladies.
Temp. Constant 23 /24 c
Humidity. 49%/51%
tap water .PH’d to 6.0.
250 ml every other day.
0.4ml take root
0.4ml hydroguard
0.4ml calmag

On day 8, I started to notice a slight deformation on the single leaves. So I upped the calmag to 0.6 ml..I thought that I was going to nail this batch to perfection..We’re now on day 11 and things already going sideways..
As ever, any advise very much appreciated.
Cheers Bud
1B6BBF79-F947-4E1B-AEA9-C6CFF1CD95D8.jpeg

I've had several plants starting with that slight wrinkling and colour variation lately. Luckily they've all picked up and grown into healthy plants.

I'm wondering if it has to do with a little too dry air for the seedlings in my case (30%-40% RH), since the there seems to be some correlation between the smooth and wrinkly leaves, pre and post my high humidity environment (50%-75% RH). But hey, someone with better knowledge will chime in soon, for sure.

Here's one such happy story:

Little Baby Stardawg at day 17:

day_18_black_nl-jpg.2124840

Big Girl Stradawg (to the left) at day 73 - a couple of weeks later she became my biggest yielder so far:

day_73_sophia_bianca-jpg.2162842

Hmm id wait for the experts, but im going to weigh in some suggestions with what I do.

1st week with autos I feed them plain tap water, they do just fine.

Week 2 I went go around 2ml/gallon cal mag and introduce nutes at a low dose.

Humidity can be raised a bit as well, at that stage I shoot for a 70%RH

Also while 6.0 isn't a bad PH, I try to aim for 5.8 (then drift to 6.5ish before resetting to 5.8).

I'm not an experienced grower, this is just how I do it based on my research. I'm only on my 2nd grow (both runs with autos)......
@bluter or @MochaBud might be able to weigh in with better advice.

I've had several plants starting with that slight wrinkling and colour variation lately. Luckily they've all picked up and grown into healthy plants.

I'm wondering if it has to do with a little too dry air for the seedlings in my case (30%-40% RH), since the there seems to be some correlation between the smooth and wrinkly leaves, pre and post my high humidity environment (50%-75% RH). But hey, someone with better knowledge will chime in soon, for sure.

Here's one such happy story:

Little Baby Stardawg at day 17:

day_18_black_nl-jpg.2124840

Big Girl Stradawg (to the left) at day 73 became my biggest yielder so far:

day_73_sophia_bianca-jpg.2162842
Thanks a bunch matey..that is a happy story

Just like the others said go easy on nutes with Autos in preticular because the soil usually does them for 4 weeks with just plain water. Then slowy add nutes at half or 1/3 strenth (unless shes getting hungry sooner) And the better the eviroment the more light she can uptake and grow more roots to be a bigger stronger plant.
:goodluck:

Hey mate. Hope alls well
Been feeding every other day. An that’s all.
Ph’d after nutes.. then a bit of hydroguard
Cheers bud
You're in coco with clay balls, you have to water "every day" "twice a day" with small amounts of nutrients and cal-mag, after you PH to 5.6.....I used to grow in coco, but, Fox Farms soil and their nutrient trio is not only easier, IMO, it's better :thumb:
Just like the others said go easy on nutes with Autos in preticular because the soil usually does them for 4 weeks with just plain water. Then slowy add nutes at half or 1/3 strenth (unless shes getting hungry sooner) And the better the eviroment the more light she can uptake and grow more roots to be a bigger stronger plant.
:goodluck:
Others were wrong :nerd-with-glasses:in coco you can't let the medium dry out, it'll get hard and ruin it, and yes add small amounts of nutrients cause coco has none :popcorn:

Brill matey
The more i read the less I Know.
Been thinking about changing to soil.( a lot)
Last time I scraped in 5 GSC and 4 glue Gelato.
3 out of 4 GG seemed more consistent in growth and looks with only one looking and smelling different than the other.the 5 GSC looked like 5 different plants..
To try and cut out the pheno differences I’ve gone to the NL. ( hopefully anyway) figure that the shorter the genetic lineage the more consistent theyd be. No clue really.
I’ve also been much more careful in the measurements of the medium in the pots, last time some had more coir than others.
Carful with measurements and the way I water.(although not enough of it)
Only 2 out of the 4 NL have a little problem, other 2 look well. Thought that if I was going to get a problem this time it would show on them all at the same time..
thanks again for the help I shall see how they get on with a new schedule

Brill matey
The more i read the less I Know.
I'm in the process of trying to teach an old buddy how to grow, and he sees the different strains I grow, and wants the same.
Now, that's all fine and everything, but...

I keep telling him, pick a medium you're comfortable with and then choose 2 strains to grow. Because each plant is different, and they want different things, at different times :thumb: ...now learn to read the plants by watching their leaves.When they droop, stop and think, do they need water or are they tired? Because even though cannabis is a C-3 plant, which means it can grow with no darkness what so ever, it still gets tired trying to grow roots and go through photosynthesis to produce food, hence a droop after about 16 hours or so.

Now with your girl, all those signs tell me, she wants the proper PHed water at the proper times, and know this, it won't change over night, it may take a day or 2, but watch the new growth and when those little round leaves (cotyledons) start turning yellow, up her nutrient intake a little :thumb::snowboating:

Hey people
Hope alls good
Good few days in now on my twice a day watering.
Day 17
I was expecting to start my first proper attempt at LST around now, however, the girls don’t look quite ready. 100mm or so high, with just the beginnings of side branches.. hopefully we’ll have a growth spurt this week.
Possibly the end of this week have a go.
One of the ladies below is growing ok, still showing a little def on new growth. She’s also curling a bit On her first fan leaves,as you can see.
Pictures not great, but best can do.

NL Xl Northern Light auto. RQSeeds
Light.. 1200w full spectrum LED. 20/4
Temp. 23c/25c
Hum.. 49%/ 52%
15ltr auto pot...coir and clay peb
450mm @ 2x a day. PH’d water in the morning, feed them in the evening..
getting about 50% run off. Is that ok? (other than it being wasteful on my behalf)
PH 5.6/5.7
PPM- 360 (in). 480 (out)
Ec. - 740 (in). 800 (
Cal Mag- 0.6ml/ lt
Flora micro. 0.2
Flora grow. 0.2
Flora bloom. 0.1
hydro guard. 0.5
I was going to start to add a small amount of terpinator to one of the 2 girls in the morning watering, as the advise on the box is to prep 2 wk before flowering with a low dose..I’ve got 2 healthy looking ladies that I’ll run the experiment on. So any advise and/or wisdom very welcomeSeems to have mixed reviews.
I also got hold of some purpinator and Rezin from green planet to try out at some point? Mmm all seems a bit gimmicky. But we shall see.
Any ways,
keep safe, stay well, peace and love an all that.
Bud

F8D6A94B-4AF5-43BE-96F3-317DBE0C2BC1.jpeg

5F17FDAB-8546-49CE-89DE-B3B7A9671C86.jpeg

Looking Great :high-five: Now that your on a roll you might want to start here New Journals maby a mod could move it for you if you wana keep things organised and in the right place @420
Not a pro with soilless or soil for that matter but id say the leaf curl is a light/heat thing possibly humidity.
Since u get a 50% run off u could maby water a lil slower by going around twice and waiting to see the run off.
just so your not wasting nuts and possibly building up humidity with excess water espically in flower. but i see uv pot trays so u should be fine.
As for the terp and purpinator u might be right, never used them but doubt there doing harm. iv been researching on humidity and temp ranges in the flowering period when light are on a off, mimiking the outdoor enviroment in thoes times can be a good help too.
The pros will be here soon im sure to help u fully :laughtwo:
Happy growing

Back
Top Bottom