Northern Lights

Niiiice! Wow looks great!

NL#5 - INDICA (or Indica Dom)

Genetics : Many say Thia x Skunk [#1?] x Haze, but no one I've read as yet asserts this with much certainty.
Grade A though not quite top shelf (according to others, but if I had to pick one strain this would be it.)
THC : Up to 23% but as low as 10% if grower is unskilled. Typical ~17%.
CBD : ~1%. Number one pick for CBD*. True creeper with long lasting effects.
CBN : Late harvest will yield heavy sedation effect.
Yield : Up to ~400 g/m2
Grow : Indoors. Noted to have a preference for being grown hydro, but does very well in rich organic mediums as well.
Difficulty : Easy/Moderate.

Head : Cerebral w/ no breeze or derailment. Clear and focused. Intellectual Overkill. 1 to 3 hours.
Body : Nice and often erotic full body stone w/o heavy eyelids or couch lock. 2 to 4 hours.

*White Russian contains ~2% CBD, but is prone to various diseases, fungi and mold; I would not recommend this grow for the inexperienced.

This review was compiled from a juxtaposition of many other NL#5 reviews and my own experience with this strain.

NL#5 - INDICA (or Indica Dom)

Genetics : Many say Thia x Skunk [#1?] x Haze, but no one I've read as yet asserts this with much certainty.

Not sure where you got that info, but from what several stories I have read it's an Indica brought to Netherlands. Some say back crossed Thai. None mention Skunk or Haze.

There are several crosses such as NL5 x Haze, but that is how they are listed, not just NL

here is the best resource for searching strain lineage that I have found so far. I'm not sure if it's 100% accurate, but it's where I do my research. Overview about all cannabis-strains in the database.

Hey Hash Hound;

It's funny you commented on the very part I almost edited out for uncertainty's sake. It didn't seem right to me but I'm a fairly new canna grower and have to take what I can read and look for some kind of consensus - as inherently doomed to errors as that may seem. I find contradictory information all over the place (part of why I joined here, more info). But then I don't mind being corrected by others who probably know better. I'll double check and correct that soon enough; thank you for calling it out.

Whether it's pure indica or an indica dom hybrid is sort of questionable to me too; so you're indica comment was very welcome. Some people write that it's pure indica, others 80/20, and still others 50/50. I would believe pure indica or 80/20'ish.

Edit---
Yep. I was looking at Jack Herer genetics and typing in NL5. My bad.

Well it wont let me edit that post anymore, so I'm sorry for the error in the first place, and then for just hanging out in here and gabbing entirely too long, and then for having to post it twice, and.. and.. But the correction is important and I feel more better now.

Thai x Afghan (Highland Thai x Landrace Afghan)

i have a N.L, that i was told was the #5 model. lol. it looks much the same as the pics here. it has the flavor and smell described.....and, it is one of my faves. so, i am getting ready, to drop a few streins, but this one will survive this "team cut". its tasty, and has a great stone.

Hello, I am new here as well as new to growing. I just harvested my first grow. I grew northern lights and some bubblegum. The northern lights seems to have turned out fantastic. On the top of one bud there is a pure white area. After looking at it with a scope I discovered it is a clump of trichomes. I also discovered it was ready to harvest. Got scope in the mail just in time.
IMG_66123.jpg
Albino_Bud.jpg

Back
Top Bottom