novice needs help , leafs curling and changing colour

bud-wizer

:Rasta::Rasta:
Fellow growers .please can somone help????
im climing the walls wondering wats hapening. its never hapnd befor and im not doing anything differant 2 usual...
the plants r 3 weeks into veg and im using a 70 ltr wilma system with clay pebbles under a 600 watt sodium bulb . the nutes i was using were just ionic grow at half measures ,i havnt managed to get myself a ph testing kit yet but i will hav one soon... rite ,my new leafs r coming through with a strange lumpy light greeny-yellow colour in the centers of them and workin its way outwards. the leafs r also twisting at the ends and curling down... as soon as i see the problem starting i flushed the tank and started again with just water . the next day the problem had grown so i added 180 ml to the 70 ltr tank (wich is about 1/3 measure) hoping i would c a difference . im still waiting to c if this helps but in the meantime has anyone got any idea of wat could b causing this ? and wat could b the solution ?????? rasta::Rasta:
strange_leafs.jpg

DSC00149D.JPG

3rd_grow_002.JPG

3rd_grow_003.JPG

Looks like a ph ptoblem. Do you have a ph pen?

ye im thinkin the same thing , i am pickin up a p,h pen and ec tester today, hopfully they will help show me wat the problem is... the problem hasnt worsnd since yesterday but it has started showing itself on some of my other plants now . ill update once ive done the testing later . thanks for the input .:bong:

hello again folks . rite i now hav an ec /ppm, ph tester and ph downers...just tested the water in the tank and the ec is readin 2.0 /1400 ppm and my ph is at 7.0 i realy havnt a clue wat they should b at . please help me on wat they should b at and how do i correct it ?

what is your water source and are you testing the ppm and ph before you mix feed in? my tap water starts out at 205 ppm before adding feed. I subtract the base line # from my mixed ppm and thats the concentration of feed. As far as correcting the ph its seems prudent to adjust after the feed is mixed, get some ph up and down, like the stuff from GH. Start by drop by drop some time it will jump wildly. While you are f ing with that I drain the res. and flush tank and plants.... Your target ph should be 5.5 to 6.2 in hyrdo set up..HAPPY TRAILS

many thanks frankenkush that was very helpfull. sorry to b a pain but anychance of abit more info ? rite im goin to empty my tank tonight and start afresh but this time should i get my ph to the correst level before i add my nutes? also sorry this may sound abit dopey:cool: but wat do u mean by subtract the base line from my mixed ???
wat should the correct ppm be??? my starting ppm is 350 and ph is 7.3... many thanks for the help.

the baseline is the ppm of the water you are using for your feed before you add anything.example my water from the tap is 201 ppm if I need a feed level of say 600 ppm then I add recommend amount of feed per gal and check my ppm, by subtracting the 201 from my final ppm level I'll know the ppm concentration of nutes, so I should read 801 ppm to account for the pre existing particles already in my water. 5.5 to 6.2 is the target rage of ph wait to correct ph after nutes mixed

rite ive now got my ph down to 5.8 and my ppm to 1350 which if ive worked it out correctly is rite . many many many thanks for the laymens terms mate

the baseline is the ppm of the water you are using for your feed before you add anything.example my water from the tap is 201 ppm if I need a feed level of say 600 ppm then I add recommend amount of feed per gal and check my ppm, by subtracting the 201 from my final ppm level I'll know the ppm concentration of nutes, so I should read 801 ppm to account for the pre existing particles already in my water. 5.5 to 6.2 is the target rage of ph wait to correct ph after nutes mixed

sorry mate i sent that the same time as u did .i think i understand u now . uve been a hero . thank u very much . :goodjob:

thank u very much for all ur help and suport...im thinkin of starting a journal to get as much help as possible from u guys as im just a bigginer and im starting to realise theres alot more to take into consideration than just puttin some nutes in water and plants under a light .lol.

i have a fealing things r on the rise . many thanks .:bong:

my babies r lookin much beter today .
new_leaves_r_looking_beter_009.JPG

new_leaves_r_looking_beter_010.JPG

new_leaves_r_looking_beter_012.JPG

new_leaves_r_looking_beter_013.JPG

new_leaves_r_looking_beter_017.JPG

the new leaves r lookin abit more like normal.lol. thank u milions for all ur help everyone and i look forward to pickin ur brains in the future , if anyone has any good tips for me they r more than welcome 2 bend my ear .many thanks . bud-wizer.:goodjob: :bong: :roorrip:

Back
Top Bottom