npk nutrient solution help

williamblack

Hi everyone.this is my first post on 420 so please excuse my poor gramma and spelling.:thumb: im not currently growing anything at the moment so no rush with the help. ive been reading/learning and
gathering materials and everything else i need to start growing. But while i was reading about npk in a ebook i downloaded it
says " when looking at chemical fertilizers you need a mixture that has the first number higher or equal to the rest. 12-12-12, 20-20-20 ". execpt the a and b nutrients i bought have an npk of 21-10-35? Just wondering if anyone can shed some
light about if my neutrients are okay to use or the hydro shop ripped me off. thanks everyone peace:thumb::thumb:

As far as nutrients go, we use a 3 part. In the beginning, from seed, you wont be using any nutrients until the plant is a few weeks old. Once you do start using nutrients, you will be using something with a high N as nitrogen promotes growth in the new plant. As the plant matures, and you put it into flower, the nutrients change. In flower, you want a higher P,K than you do N, as the plant will start using more of the other 2 nutrients to build its flowers. this is where the 3 part nutes work well. Each "part" has a certain amount of each nutrient. You then mix different amounts of each "part" to obtain the NPK rating you are needing at that time. For the most part there will be a little table on the side of the bottle that tells you how much to be mixing for each stage of growth. I am no expert in fertilizers, but I would say the fertilizer you have there will be great for veg growth, but once you move into flowering, i think your gonna want less nitrogen and more phosphorus. Hopefully someone that know more will chime in here though... good luck

Hi there williamblack and welcome to 420 =)

where ever you learned this 20-20-20 business, it does not apply to MJ plants.
try to remember the term 'Shoots, roots and fruits' when thinking NPK.

our flower requires an abundance of N during vegetation stage and an abundance of K during flower, where as P should be around half the volume of either and fairly consistent across the grow season. that general rule of thumb could be applied to a large cross section of normal flowering and fruiting plants also.

bio grow from bio biz follows a 8 - 2 - 6 formula which is similar to the one you mentioned. I cant remember their bio flower of top of my head. but even with your one, your unlikely to be mixing in enough of the B in the early stages to be using that much K.

your nutes sound authentic. follow their feeding guide. if it seems a bit strong for your plant, add more water to the food AFTER you follow the mixing instructions. if it seems a bit weak, then just up the dose in 10% increments.

good luck =)

Shoots, Roots and Fruits? Got it! Thanks Gigabane!! Does Shoots refer to (N), Roots to (P) and Fruits to (K)?

Thanks for the reply go4snpr and gigabane. great informatio:)
One other question where would be a good source of grow information? 420 grow forums?
Also good sun tzu quote btw

Thanks for the reply go4snpr and gigabane. great informatio:)
One other question where would be a good source of grow information? 420 grow forums?
Also good sun tzu quote btw

You can find all the info you need here on the forums, click on the link below "how to grow MJ" that link has great info.

also, you can start a grow journal here so we can watch your progress and give you help as needed.

Thanks for the link general
I currently havnt got a grow going because of multiple reasons but mainly my house isnt big enough, i need an extra room,
my next house in a couple months im hoping to get a nice room for the 2mx2m squared tent i have to go in and everything else.
i also live in australia and i love it here though the one thing thats hard to find is some good green, youd think different but believe me too much shit happens over weed here. Sorry for ranting a bit. as soon as im goin ill let you guys know hows that sound?
Cheers 420 peace

Back
Top Bottom