Nute problem or something else?

Aarkem

420 Member
fellow greenthumbs! I am having some trouble with this LED grow still... I have run into a bunch of different issues on my first LED run but right now:

I thought it was Mg that i was having trouble with...though i have added CAL-MAG for the last 3 feedings and it appears to be getting worse. Any input would be fantastic. I had a mottled lime green and green leaf going on...now I am starting to see a bid of red on those same leaves. still appears to be magnesium deficient but I am not sure. I am holding off on this feed in case someone has some information to share.

Thanks everyone!

Attachments

• 2020-02-05 (1).jpg
    2020-02-05 (1).jpg
    270 KB · Views: 104
  • 2020-02-05 (2).jpg
    2020-02-05 (2).jpg
    298.1 KB · Views: 90
  • 2020-02-05.jpg
    2020-02-05.jpg
    289.3 KB · Views: 74
I am in a soiless mix, I wanna say BH pro? or BX pro? the one that doesn't drain as fast.

I am using a house brand A&B which is 0.2.3=7ml/l and 3.1.3=3ml/l I am using approx 2ml/l of CAL-MAG

cheers,

yeah it is a full feeding, I have been using the same food for a few years (calmag) is new I only adjust PH if water is 7 or higher. which again is standard practice for me. I adjusted a lot during DWC as I tried to keep it 5.9. This is my second soil grow after years of DWC, First grow with an LED. I am curious if the light-source can effect the amount of food they are eating, or if they are eating more of certain nutrients then others?

bright light will definitely make a plant hungrier, but luckily I think that we may have solved your mystery. The problem is that you are not in soil, you are soil-less, and your pH requirement is still that of a hydro system where your range is 5.5-6.1 pH. You should aim for 5.8 pH, like you did with your DWC and this grow will work the same way.
Next, something you said made an alarm bell go off and I want to check how you are doing this. When you mix up your nutes and have everything ready to go, that is the time to adjust your pH to 5.8. If you are lucky, your water will mix with your nutes to get you pretty much to that point, but it is important to be in the correct range... I just don't understand why you are checking the pH of your water without nutes to determine if it is 7.0 or above.
Also, since this is not soil, you should not alternate water and nutes... you should be feeding your plants with every watering since there is nothing nutritious in this soilless mix.
I dont see any indication of a magnesium or a calcium deficiency... this overall yellowing indicates macro nutrient deficiency... and I am guessing yet as to why. Hopefully the above will give you a clue as to what is wrong. :love:

oh right, so I am checking the water before hand just to know what I am working with, as in my area it can vary quite a bit. I then add nutes and check again which usually fall to about 6.8ish.. I was led to believe that the particular mix(BH pro) I am using contains something that regulates PH and that was why I have not adjusted it. I do feed every time, though sometimes I pull back on the nutes a bit if I get tip burn. Sorry I apologize if I did not write clearly, I am one of those type how I talk people and A LOT is lost in translation :)

I will most definitely adjust the ph a bit to get it closer to 6 and see if that helps me out a bit. Thank you for your time and help!

5.8 got it! and I will be more careful about what she is telling me. I have been truly lucky over the years as I have never had much adversity with my grows. I got my first bug this year on an outdoor crop(aphids) I will update as she grows.

yeah as for LED I went all in as I really am hoping for an equal result. I bought a fluence spydr x..
I have run 600HPS for years...

At the end of week 4(today) I feel like my buds look smaller then usual, though I am not an epic record keeper to know how close they really are.
I do feel I am having more issues this particular run, so I am not sure I consider it a true comparison.

really appreciate the super quick responses tonight. glad I waited to feed q:)
THANK YOU!

Back
Top Bottom