Nutrient burn?

The only things I use are the flora series, Calimagic, and Hydroguard. If I were to bump up feed, how much.

Like I said I’m currently using 1tsp of Micro, 3 tsp of Bloom, 1tsp of Calimagic, and 2ml of hydroguard per gallon. Using Zero Water filtered water. EC of 1.8

I’m not using the Lucas method, it was just an example of how I thought “gro” wasn’t even really needed. I’m using that chart up above that was updated in September. But I thank all of you for your input. Hopefully @bluter will comeback with super sweet knowledge soon

good job on the hydroguard.

i haven't used gh in years and i haven't measured hydro nutes by the tsp since the 80's. if you are using measuring spoons you can't trust the conversion to ml - it's a thumb in the wind at best.

i use syringes and measure in metric by ml/L. the more control over parameters you have in dwc the better.

your ec sounds about right if not a touch hot for dwc hydro. 1.7 - 1.8 is near or at the ceiling. i ran mine a bit lower in dwc.

it looks like you're just running the micros and the pk side of the 3 part nute system. gh works best with a flower booster in hydro. the 3-part will mostly get you there, but the base nutes alone won't hold a candle to other base nute lines. AN also gets a well deserved knock for the same thing.

you could either hold hard here for a bit, or even drop the ec a tad. the plant will probably continue eating itself, but will pretty much get there. - sorta typical base nute gh grow. or - you could drop it down just a touch, and add a flower booster.

gh probably has a matching booster for that line. they used to have a well liked one yrs ago. dunno about now. you'd need to get used to syringes and ml / L or ml / gal as a measurement to make it happen though. you're working in differences that teaspoons can't play with.

i'd leave the micros and cal-mag where they are now, drop the Bloom a few ml, and add a flower booster. if it's your first grow you might just wanna work it out on base nutes to get the experience. boosters can be dangerous til you get used to them.

good job on the hydroguard.

i haven't used gh in years and i haven't measured hydro nutes by the tsp since the 80's. if you are using measuring spoons you can't trust the conversion to ml - it's a thumb in the wind at best.

i use syringes and measure in metric by ml/L. the more control over parameters you have in dwc the better.

your ec sounds about right if not a touch hot for dwc hydro. 1.7 - 1.8 is near or at the ceiling. i ran mine a bit lower in dwc.

it looks like you're just running the micros and the pk side of the 3 part nute system. gh works best with a flower booster in hydro. the 3-part will mostly get you there, but the base nutes alone won't hold a candle to other base nute lines. AN also gets a well deserved knock for the same thing.

you could either hold hard here for a bit, or even drop the ec a tad. the plant will probably continue eating itself, but will pretty much get there. - sorta typical base nute gh grow. or - you could drop it down just a touch, and add a flower booster.

gh probably has a matching booster for that line. they used to have a well liked one yrs ago. dunno about now. you'd need to get used to syringes and ml / L or ml / gal as a measurement to make it happen though. you're working in differences that teaspoons can't play with.

i'd leave the micros and cal-mag where they are now, drop the Bloom a few ml, and add a flower booster. if it's your first grow you might just wanna work it out on base nutes to get the experience. boosters can be dangerous til you get used to them.
I was just using tsp as to keep it consistent with the chart but I actually use a 1ml Pipette to add the nutes and using the conversion of basically 5ml in a tsp. So it’s more 5ml/g and not 1tsp/gal. Using gallon as it’s easier get the ratio of ml/gal than to figure out how many ml for 13.2 liters.

I read that ec could be 1.2-2.0 but that it was obviously strain dependent. I’ll try to keep it around 1.7.

I’m doing a res change tomorrow but at this point, I’m thinking my top buds are either done, or damn near close. Looking through a loop and they look pretty milky. Wanted to wait till some started to turn amber but I’m getting anxious lol. Here are some pics of them and through a loop. Do you think they are ready? B0ABBF09-C4AB-4D4D-94A0-501C563D5A79.jpeg5B7BC8B5-3246-404E-8BB4-AE4AF4AC4A1D.jpegB5C4719C-1385-42B3-882A-E8DEBA8B64D4.jpegimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

they are doing good. look to have a bit to go still. you don't want leave anything on the table.

lots of growers measure by ec. it is more precise than ppm.

Hey @bluter I’m doing a red change and on the schedule it calls for a reduction in Flora Micro this week by half. I’m going to do it, but do you think this is wise given my situation?

It seems that this schedule is getting it ready to flush. I wasn’t planning on flushing. Should I just do it because it’s easier to follow the schedule my first time?

It seems that this schedule is getting it ready to flush. I wasn’t planning on flushing. Should I just do it because it’s easier to follow the schedule my first time?
Follow the schedule, if you've been doing it and had no issues so far keep doing it. I see you have some milky trics and a lot of immature clears that look milky with barely no amber if any at all. Of course these could just be your pics and my old eyes lol

Follow the schedule, if you've been doing it and had no issues so far keep doing it. I see you have some milky trics and a lot of immature clears that look milky with barely no amber if any at all. Of course these could just be your pics and my old eyes lol
No your eyes are correct. There’s no amber trics, and some clear ones.

So the trikes are looking pretty milky at this point. One of my leaves is having a major issue, it looks Gray and black. I trimmed a bud earlier this week and dried it. Tested it out last night and taste was good, couldn’t tell the high as I had already smoked some glue. Unfortunately my fears came to fruition. There was a seed in the bud. I feared a hermie since flowering started, thought I got all the male flowers but apparently I didn’t. Oh well, the bud still looks dank enough to not toss it. Should I just harvest as I’m on the last day of the 6th week? Give it another week?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 54
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    733.9 KB · Views: 53
  • 57B5F198-98A2-4970-B856-7F1094C11CC5.jpeg
    57B5F198-98A2-4970-B856-7F1094C11CC5.jpeg
    834.5 KB · Views: 44
No, you wanted to harvest soon. I figured you had found some.
Oh i just wanted to harvest soon as the trikes were milky and I know that the plant had been fertilized by male flowers. I’m going to cut it down this week. Probably tomorrow. Looked on Sunday and the trikes were turning yellow so I started a flush of pure water. Been like that 2 days now. When I’m drying, how super important is temp and humidity. I’m having a hard time finding ideal conditions of 68 degrees and 55% humidity. My range is 67-74 degrees and 47%-57% humidity. The only place close to 68 55 I can find is my bedroom lol. Also, should I grab jars for curing or boxes?

How big is your refrigerator? Have you looked into a cold cure? I'm so trying this out on my next harvest.
I've done so many different things, the best way is keeping it from drying out to fast regardless. You have your grow tent, most would use that. The glass jars with the latch type lids are pretty good and Mason canning jars are the go to for just about everyone. Most of your cure will take place in the jars. There is no kind of paper bag cure I know of, it is a way to dry out some sample buds real quick. Now a cold cure does use paper bags. Theres some tutorials on it here so check them out.

How big is your refrigerator? Have you looked into a cold cure? I'm so trying this out on my next harvest.
I've done so many different things, the best way is keeping it from drying out to fast regardless. You have your grow tent, most would use that. The glass jars with the latch type lids are pretty good and Mason canning jars are the go to for just about everyone. Most of your cure will take place in the jars. There is no kind of paper bag cure I know of, it is a way to dry out some sample buds real quick. Now a cold cure does use paper bags. Theres some tutorials on it here so check them out.
I have not heard of a cold cure. I bought MyPharmajars with a temp and humidity sensor in the lids. Here’s a pic. I harvested last week and just used my tent to dry. Kept it at a perfect 55% and 68 degrees the whole time. They are mostly dry at this point but the stems are still bending so I’m giving them a few days. I harvested some a week early as I found male flowers on that branch. The smoke from it was clean, not harsh. Tasted good and the high was very heady but also pretty good body. I haven’t tested the stuff I just harvested yet. While trimming I found a few more male flowers but really at most like 8 of them so no Biggy. My clone on the other hand, whooo buddy. It’s huge. Was trying to hold off on flowering as the flower tent is being used to dry but I can’t really hold off if I want it to be small enough to stay inside the tent.

Attachments

• EB0D5275-875B-4872-9E8F-723C28A01004.jpeg
    EB0D5275-875B-4872-9E8F-723C28A01004.jpeg
    586.7 KB · Views: 47
  • D907698A-5B17-4470-9192-E53C13CB4F70.jpeg
    D907698A-5B17-4470-9192-E53C13CB4F70.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 52
It’s called Low & Slow fridge curing.... really nice preservation of taste and terps. I will warn you - it’s a very long thread but first page or two will get you on track. Low & Slow cure
Thank you for that. So I’m now having issues with my clone. I think it’s light burn but I’m not sure. I can’t move my light any higher, but it does have a dimmer on it. It’s a Mars Hydro TSW 2000 with 305 true watts. It’s about 15”-16” above the canopy. Leaves are turning celery green almost yellow. Some brown spots and burned tips but that may be unrelated. Any ideas? Does this look like light burn?

Attachments

• 3ADEC227-E6D4-4FDF-A2EF-3A6738854A43.jpeg
    3ADEC227-E6D4-4FDF-A2EF-3A6738854A43.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 54
  • 4A38C001-8D97-421C-B05A-51135AA21287.jpeg
    4A38C001-8D97-421C-B05A-51135AA21287.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 44
  • 3A398E5F-0EFC-442E-907F-478052BE0965.jpeg
    3A398E5F-0EFC-442E-907F-478052BE0965.jpeg
    925.7 KB · Views: 45
Back
Top Bottom