Nutrient & harvest advice

User43

So this plant was switched to 12/12 on 6/17 making this about day 31 of flowering stage.

This is my first grow so ive made a lot of mistakes along the way, i should have done a lot more defoliating but now im too afraid to cut off the small budding spots...

Anyways i have been giving it the fox farm trio and according to the fox farm feeding schedule im only 24 days away from harvest and it just seems to be like she will need a lot more time than that. She has been growing pretty slowly the whole time, seeds started on 4/20 :)

Wondering if anyone has some good advice for a complete noob to know when it is time to cut it down.

Also, my nutrient question, I have an unopened bottle of Advanced Nutrients Overdrive. Would it be safe to add this to the big bloom/growbig/tiger bloom in the last weeks? I know fox farm has cha ching and 2 others for the finishing nutrients but i didnt pick them up this time ( will more than likely grab them by the time next plant is ready)

Attachments

• NutrientQ3.jpg
    NutrientQ3.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 108
  • NutrientQ2.jpg
    NutrientQ2.jpg
    1,009 KB · Views: 101
  • NutrientQ1.jpg
    NutrientQ1.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 108
I would say about 5 weeks left. Not sure on the Overdrive, but the Fox Farm soluble are awesome. You dont need much so if you're going to use it down the road, I would buy it now.
The reason the nutrient schedule says 24 days left is because it considers the start of flowering to be when the white pistils appear not when you switch to 12/12. As long as the plant is mature enough when switched to 12/12, it normally takes 8-16 days to see pistils. Start the countdown from there.
Your plant looks awesome for 31st day of flowering so good job on that, seriously. She's a little small for 58 day of veg (from seed to flip) but that's normal for a first grow, as you gain experience you'll be able to speed that up. (The plant in my first link went seed to flip in 55 days and filled a 40"x40" tent.
If you really want to fill your screen, flip to 12/12 when it's like 75% full, it'll double your yield at least. I actually flip at 90% but thats because I have the headroom to grow the colas 24" above the screen.

I would say about 5 weeks left. Not sure on the Overdrive, but the Fox Farm soluble are awesome. You dont need much so if you're going to use it down the road, I would buy it now.
The reason the nutrient schedule says 24 days left is because it considers the start of flowering to be when the white pistils appear not when you switch to 12/12. As long as the plant is mature enough when switched to 12/12, it normally takes 8-16 days to see pistils. Start the countdown from there.
Your plant looks awesome for 31st day of flowering so good job on that, seriously. She's a little small for 58 day of veg (from seed to flip) but that's normal for a first grow, as you gain experience you'll be able to speed that up. (The plant in my first link went seed to flip in 55 days and filled a 40"x40" tent.
If you really want to fill your screen, flip to 12/12 when it's like 75% full, it'll double your yield at least. I actually flip at 90% but thats because I have the headroom to grow the colas 24" above the screen.

Thank you, I agree I definitely switched them too early. I forget what caused it, but the day i flipped i just had this massive
feeling that i had waited too long and wasnt going to have the room to not burn her... Now im thinking i will have a whole extra foot of space at the time of harvest... Live n learn lol, if i get a single ounce of decent tree ill be content.

@TysonOG
So should i be reverting back a couple weeks on feeding schedule?

The last 4 weeks are all the same and im about 4 days into that dosage with no signs(to this noob) of nutrient burn

You will get good results if you use just the FF trio. No need to add anything else, especially since they look to be doing fine.

As far as when to harvest, check out the link below.

Back
Top Bottom