Nutrition

Erickson8263

Hi all,
I am new to the site & am in the middle of my first indoor grow.
I have 3 stages going from some crusher bud seeds i kept. I am using 1 UV florescent light (from a terrarium) and 3 small brooder lights with grow bulbs. My stage 1 plants are budding nicely, stage 2 plants are about 1-1 1/2 inches tall, and stage 3 are some clones I am trying from the original.

My question is about nutrition for the soil for my next stage: I have been experimenting with my own fertilizer concoction with pretty good results (I boiled eggshells, apple rinds, etc.) now I am thinking about a radical soil mixture.

I wanted to take some daily multi-vitamins (rich in phosphorus, potassium and every other vitamin under the sun), crush some up, and mix it with the soil. I also considered taking some powdered milk (for the calcium obviously) and mixing that in as well.

Can anyone shed any light on whether this is a good idea or idiotic? I appreciate any (cool) imput. Thanks all, keep on huffin'

Hi all,
I am new to the site & am in the middle of my first indoor grow.
I have 3 stages going from some crusher bud seeds i kept. I am using 1 UV florescent light (from a terrarium) and 3 small brooder lights with grow bulbs. My stage 1 plants are budding nicely, stage 2 plants are about 1-1 1/2 inches tall, and stage 3 are some clones I am trying from the original.

My question is about nutrition for the soil for my next stage: I have been experimenting with my own fertilizer concoction with pretty good results (I boiled eggshells, apple rinds, etc.) now I am thinking about a radical soil mixture.

I wanted to take some daily multi-vitamins (rich in phosphorus, potassium and every other vitamin under the sun), crush some up, and mix it with the soil. I also considered taking some powdered milk (for the calcium obviously) and mixing that in as well.

Can anyone shed any light on whether this is a good idea or idiotic? I appreciate any (cool) imput. Thanks all, keep on huffin'

welcome aboard.
the uv light is good in small quantities during the middle of the light cycle, so I've read somewhere. Not good for humans too much though, so be careful with your exposure.

What's your setup like now?
Do you have any pics?

If you plan on experimenting with your soil, keep good notes.
And good luck on your endeavors.

If you want to go with some tried and true methods for amending your soil, check out
Best soil

I've never heard or read of using crushed vitamins in your soil.

me either, but now that you brought it up, it doesn't sound like a bad idea. Im new a this and nearly killed my plant after it popped up out of the soil, from overfeeding and all that stuff, but I would give it a shot if i were you just test one or two and see how they react. My problem is im adding so much shit at the same time or too much all the time, when the plants start looking unhealthy, i cant really tell what they are reacting to. Dont kill ur crop!

Back
Top Bottom