NYCD from other seed banks?

RooRman

Supposedly what I have in my possesion are a couple of New York City Diesel seeds. However, the bag they came in was labled "New York City Diesel" and the second line read "Redwood Seed Co.". I have never heard of this seedbank before. Has anyone else?

I am fuly aware NYCD is a Soma strain, but is it so widespread now that other seedbanks are making this strain as well?

The seeds look very plump with good striping. Very healthy seeds, far from bagseed, certainly something I would pay money for. They are supposedly Feminized seeds as well, which was not written on the bag but told to me by the guy who gave them to me. However, this really reamins to be seen. I am much more concerned with the fact of whether or not they are the intended strain than with if they are feminized or not.

So with the information I have provided what do you guys think? Is it possibly really NYCD, or not.

It's entirely possible yes. Many different companies now have strains which were once exclusive to one company, but its probable that the strain will be different then soma's version of it. Regardless have fun w/ those beans man ! If they are Fem i hope you get no hermies.

OnionGobbler said:
It's entirely possible yes. Many different companies now have strains which were once exclusive to one company, but its probable that the strain will be different then soma's version of it. Regardless have fun w/ those beans man ! If they are Fem i hope you get no hermies.

I have seen NYCD grown by other sources. But I was not sure they were producing any seeds from it. I guess there is a good chance it could be NYCD then.

Also, you hit on the reason why I kind of didn't care about them perhaps being feminized, the probability of hermies of course goes up. But from what I can tell, them being feminzied seeds is purely speculative.

So the next grow looks like it will be a couple Northern Lights #5 and these new seeds I got, the ones that are supposedly Female NYCD. I cannot wait to germinate them!

Does anybody have any very specific information on this strain (NYCD)? Like if it responds well to topping, what kind of temperture/humidity it likes, and how much nutes. it likes to be fed? Has anyone ever personally grown this strain?

The information I have found is very vauge, even the stuff on Soma's main website leaves alot to wonder about.

Back
Top Bottom