Obama Breaks Promises On Medical Marijuana Laws

Well Propa , I noticed you did NOT quote his lie ??
...and yet you keep repeating it.

‪Obama Marijuana Policy (MPP-TV)‬‏ - YouTube
When a candidate is campaigning for office makes a statement about his beliefs on issues and says he would do certain things about that issue, it becomes a promise.Now you can parse words all you like but just because he did not use the phrase "I promise not to interfere with mmj,does not mean he did not intentionally mislead all of us. Barack Obama intentionally misled voters by saying that it would be a waste of Federal resources to go after mmj. Millions of people including myself were misled by this. When someone intentionally leads me to believe he will do one thing then does the exact opposite, I believe that person is dishonest and a liar.

Not a video, but there is an official memo to back these news clips

"The memo, written by US Deputy Attorney General James Cole, “clarifies” the October 2009 memo from then-Deputy Attorney General David Ogden that told federal prosecutors not to focus their resources on patients and providers in compliance with state laws. The earlier memo gave some substance to President Obama’s campaign promise not to persecute medical marijuana patients and providers in states where it is legal."

Obama Admin Memo on Medical Marijuana Stirs Dismay and Anger

U.S. Won’t Prosecute in States That Allow Medical Marijuana

A federal about-face on medical marijuana
New Justice Department guidelines order federal drug agents to cease arresting or charging patients, caregivers or suppliers who are conforming with state law.
October 20, 2009|Josh Meyer

"The Obama administration on Monday told federal authorities not to arrest or prosecute medical marijuana users and suppliers who aren't violating local laws, paving the way for some states to allow dispensaries to provide the drug as relief for some maladies.

The Justice Department's guidelines ended months of uncertainty over how far the Obama White House planned to go in reversing the Bush administration's position, which was that federal drug laws should be enforced even in states like California, with medical marijuana laws on the books."

A federal about-face on medical marijuana

ACLU to Obama administration: Back off prosecuting medical marijuana providers - Democratic Underground

Thanks Llama for posting up the youtube resource.
..I usually am very lenient about what is written and I let many comments slide but when a PAID writer for a public publication shouts in his head line "Obama Lied"
it is because THAT writer wants to grab your attention so that you 'click' on his article.
I believe Jim Bahr is more ethical than to use that 'shock' ploy and I was taking him to task for it...
...and I notice he has not defended his writing style, why ?
Because every writer use's a hook to get readers but I felt he went over board..
Now can any other commenters please stay on target ..

I truly fail to see the cause for agitation because a politician lied. I don't support Obama or any other politician, but please realize that they ALL lie! No one should be surprised......

Here is the reason for all the agitation as I see it. Whe are a nation of hopeful people. When our politicians tell us that they have the same positions that we believe in, we vote for them, hoping that we will have some political support for our cause. When they change their position or later show that they never really believed in our position just to get elected, we become agitated and call them liars.

Call me naive, but I truly believe that we have the best system in the world. We elect and un-elect our representatives and we have a free press that reports pretty much everything that politicians do. Remember, although there are millions of us who support the legalization of mj, there are legions (including politicians) who are diametrically opposed to that position.
Our job is to continue to push our message in a sane, orderly,calm, and understandable manner that is backed up by irrefutable facts. I feel we are close to acheiving our goals but any slip up could set us back for years.
Sorry about going off topic but this is something that is important.

.....Call me naive, but I truly believe that we have the best system in the world. We elect and un-elect our representatives and we have a free press that reports pretty much everything that politicians do.....

naive :cool:

Here is the reason for all the agitation as I see it. Whe are a nation of hopeful people. When our politicians tell us that they have the same positions that we believe in, we vote for them, hoping that we will have some political support for our cause. When they change their position or later show that they never really believed in our position just to get elected, we become agitated and call them liars.

Expectations = disappointment

Call me naive

Okay, you're naive....

I truly believe that we have the best system in the world

We did at one time...

We elect and un-elect our representatives

The president is NOT elected by the voters...

we have a free press that reports pretty much everything that politicians do

Can you say Anthony Weiner?

Our job is to continue to push our message in a sane, orderly,calm, and understandable manner that is backed up by irrefutable facts.

I love it when you make so much sense...

Propa ... I's runnin as fast as I can ...
To each and all who exercised their right to free speech, well done!
IF we all keep telling the truth as good as we can see it, I believe we can return our country to a place we are proud of.....

Back
Top Bottom