OCBudds - Soil - Dinafem White Widow Auto - LED Grow

OCBudds

Ok, so this is my first time growing an autoflower plant and my first time growing indoors. I have previous experience growing outdoors but current situation no longer allows for that so here I am..

This grow is already in progress. Today would be day 12 from sprout, day 14 from seed. I had posted this on another site but was getting little to no feedback so I figure I'll try it out over here. Set up is as follows:

Tent: DS60
Light: 2x Mars Hydro 300w
Light Schedule: 20/4
Substrate: 75% /FFOF 25% Perlite in 3gal pots
Fan/Filter: iPower 4 inch Carbon Filter And Inline Fan Combo
Nutes: General Organics GO BOX ( I have not used anything yet and might only end up using the cal/mag and bloom nutes.. still undecided )
Beans: 2x Dinafem Auto White Widow

Some notes before adding all the pics I have in from the start of the grow..

I have only been watering with distilled water for the time being. I am considering adding in 1/4 strength Cal/Mag on the next watering but not sure if its necessary.. Watering only when the pot feels dry which at the moment is about every 4-5 days and only at the base of the sprout.. On the last watering I did extend it out a bit and might water the entire medium on the next watering.

Around day 6-7 I noticed either heat or wind stress so I moved my lights up to 24" above canopy and moved my small desk fan so that it was less directed at the plants. Temps in the tent top out at 78 (occasionally as high as 82 but I try to turn the AC on if I notice it getting close to that) and get down to as low as 72 when the lights are off.

Alright so now for the photos. Last four photos are from today.. Thanks for lookings.. all feedback/comments appreciated.. Thanks!!

Those girls are growing fast! :thumb: I wouldn't be too worried about the heat issue. 82 isn't bad at all. Then about a 10 degree drop over night would be fine. But I have been wanting to do the white widow. Maybe on the next run.

Keep it up, it's good to be able to know when something is wrong and what to do.

Widow is a calcium hog. At least in my experiance and from other journals i have read. Not sure about autos but my photo ww took 2 to 3 times the "normal" dosage before the deficiency i had stopped showing. May not be a bad idea to give her a little bit soon. As far as i know leds can run in the low 80s with no problems. I have the same lights and have gotten as high as 85° in veg and everything was a-ok. 24" should be ok. Thats about where i had em in veg and let em grow up to about 18" or so and they were fine. At 14" i got a little bleaching but 14" is where i have them for now flower and they are fine.

I noticed warping on a few leaves and some felt a little dry (not crispy or anything, just a little dry) and I knew I had not been under-watering so I figured it was one or the other. After I moved the lights and fan the issue did not progress so it had to be one or the other..

The lights were at 21" and were raised to 24" in case they were the culprit causing the suspected heat issues.. I am going to let the plants grow back up to 20-21" and see if the leaf warp comes back.. If it doesn't then it was the fan, if it does then it was the lights (heat)..

Day 14 from sprout

Plants look healthy. Decided to experiment a little and lst one of the autos.. I know there is conflicting info on the webz about it so I'm just going to do my own side by side comparison.. Thanks for looking!
20160319_161038.jpg
20160319_161048.jpg
20160319_161109.jpg

Day 22 from Sprout

So I decided to LST both because of fears of running out of vertical space. One plant started to show early signs of Cal/mg deficiency so I started nutes and the deficiency stopped spreading.. only ended up taking over 2 leaves and that was it.. so dodged that

Preflowers are all over these two.. And the LST is working great.. Tops all over each.. But fan leaves are taking over.. Covering much of the plant. Should I take a few out? This is my first indoor so I'm not sure.. Outdoors my node spacing was never this close so it never was a problem..

Just a couple of pics from today.. thanks for looking..

20160328_151249_1_.jpg
20160328_151243_1_.jpg
20160328_151235_1_.jpg
20160328_151227_1_.jpg

do you know anything about Gorilla glue # 4.. i did not notice until now that there are a couple little pollen balls on my next crop that just started flowering...there are mostly flower but a few pods.... I am in the flush stage now on my 1st crop....they are as frosty as can be and they look amazing...can a hermi turn out to have a ton of crystals and look really strong?

do you know anything about Gorilla glue # 4.. i did not notice until now that there are a couple little pollen balls on my next crop that just started flowering...there are mostly flower but a few pods.... I am in the flush stage now on my 1st crop....they are as frosty as can be and they look amazing...can a hermi turn out to have a ton of crystals and look really strong?

No idea man.. might be better off making a thread for that question..

Should I do any pruning or anything? getting a little worried about space because I only have about another 6-8 inches I can raise the lights before I'm out of vertical space.. Any guesses on how much more stretch I'm looking at? Thanks

Hope you don't mind if I take a seat, girls are looking strong and healthy:thumb:
A friend of mine grew a WW auto a month back and his grew to about 120cm tall in a 3 gallon pot. I would just try and lst'ing. Take a look at thebeast27 journals, he grows monster auto's and he loves to top them, as do I now!!!
:passitleft:

Hope all is well in your world.

Is this grow still alive?

We would love to be updated with some pictures and info.

How about posting a 420 Strain Review?

If you need any help with posting photos, please read our Photo Gallery Tutorial.

I am moving this to Abandoned Journals until we get updates.

Sending you lots of love and positive energy.

:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom