Octopus' Garden

Not at all. Many ways to get the ball in the cup. The shade is what makes the lower growth stretch for light I'd have pruned to let the tips get light. No need to go ballistic like me, just keep fans from becoming umbrellas. This would allow them to grow at the same rate as the main and not stretch. If one starts getting too long, put a fan leaf over the tip for a couple/few hours to let others catch up.

Not at all. Many ways to get the ball in the cup. The shade is what makes the lower growth stretch for light I'd have pruned to let the tips get light. No need to go ballistic like me, just keep fans from becoming umbrellas. This would allow them to grow at the same rate as the main and not stretch. If one starts getting too long, put a fan leaf over the tip for a couple/few hours to let others catch up.

Cool man. Ty

As fan leaves age, they lose efficiency in a few ways. One, they get dirty, filtering light. The protective coating becomes marred by the leaves thrashing in the breeze of the fan. The thrashing damages them, etc...

I'd take it slow, were I you. I'd only remove those that blocked tips for a while until I got up to speed enough to take the next step. I don't think you couldn't do it faster, I want to make sure we don't harm it.

Don't worry what others do or how they grow, learn what it takes to use the method you use correctly. First grow, start slow and study for each upcoming step if you've never planted anything in your life or have limited experience. I like to travel the roughest road, I need challenge like I need air.

For now, just keep the tips uncovered so they don't stretch more as the ones above grow, and block the light. Once you start with that, you'll see you need to take a few more to get light to the bottom. You're the only one that knows how fast you can get up to speed. Use this first grow to observe, not just look at, how what you're doing affects the plant. Don't take drastic action unless it's called for. It's a weed, you have to mess up pretty bad to do it, but you can harm it if you make a mistake and don't know how to recover. This plant acts a lot like a spider plant if it has ideal conditions, but with jungle foliage. It will race itself to get a spot in the sun. They're like beach hogs to other plants, bring a huge umbrella to drive neighbors out of the 'hood.

As you go, you'll learn to open the lower part of the plant to aid circulation and other techniques. Use your senses everytime you're in the garden and listen to what it says. It's a micro-climate.

I'd take it slow, were I you. I'd only remove those that blocked tips for a while until I got up to speed enough to take the next step. I don't think you couldn't do it faster, I want to make sure we don't harm it.

Don't worry what others do or how they grow, learn what it takes to use the method you use correctly. First grow, start slow and study for each upcoming step if you've never planted anything in your life or have limited experience. I like to travel the roughest road, I need challenge like I need air.

For now, just keep the tips uncovered so they don't stretch more as the ones above grow, and block the light. Once you start with that, you'll see you need to take a few more to get light to the bottom. You're the only one that knows how fast you can get up to speed. Use this first grow to observe, not just look at, how what you're doing affects the plant. Don't take drastic action unless it's called for. It's a weed, you have to mess up pretty bad to do it, but you can harm it if you make a mistake and don't know how to recover. This plant acts a lot like a spider plant if it has ideal conditions, but with jungle foliage. It will race itself to get a spot in the sun. They're like beach hogs to other plants, bring a huge umbrella to drive neighbors out of the 'hood.

As you go, you'll learn to open the lower part of the plant to aid circulation and other techniques. Use your senses everytime you're in the garden and listen to what it says. It's a micro-climate.

My man, thanks for this info. I really appreciate it, and looking forward to learning from you all.

My man, thanks for this info. I really appreciate it, and looking forward to learning from

And yes, this is my very first thing I've ever tried growing haha

Ahhhhh, the 'Likes" have to do with the contest, eh? Quota thing? I must be getting better, a lot of missing pieces are starting to fit. That's cool, luck to all the candidates. I forgot I was in one, must have been hurt worse than thought.

I removed some posts, I was talking to myself working some things through. Would have seemed like gibberish to others.

I took the youtube content down, I didn't know what was what so that was a joke. I'm in the middle of a remodel.

I'm a Bonsai marijuana grower is what I've discovered I am. Google that to see where I'll be in a couple of months now that I get it. As soon as I saw those, I knew I was on the right track. When I started looking at lighting, I have something more than decent according to others. I need a lot less as I don't have to penetrate a canopy, just the bud. I'll be yanking all sugar leaves, also.

Next grow I'm doing Zoso in bud. Was going to do a 420, but I'm a Zep head, what can I say. That's going to be a grow for elsewhere. I'll finish this one here in case someone like me comes along. What I'm doing is just too different from what's taken as written in stone by the majority. I really don't need to butt heads with anyone. People just don't like change.

I see how it all happened, when MMJ came out, the stealth growers were the most up to speed with growing, but outside. They transferred that to inside, but it's a different animal in ideal conditions. It goes from bamboo to spider plant. Olympic athlete to couch potato. The shape between the Haze I pruned and the clones I didn't proves this out. When you add a light to the top of the plant you're encouraging it to race out at the bottom to escape the shade from the top. As soon as one growth tip's in shade, it lengthens internodal spacing to get back to the beach. Once there, it slows to normal until next time there's a cloudy week.

People really need to think about what they're trying to penetrate in every method of growing. If roots' resources aren't constantly being taxed by supporting a large canopy, it can store for reserve or even boost during flower. During veg you want all tips in the light and less mass of green. to tighten internodal spacing and let the roots save up. Also, leaves reach a point where they use more than they provide pretty quick, due to collisions with each other and age, etc. Bud structure is something else that's misunderstood.

Like I said, Google bonsai MJ and see what I'm on about. Look at those buds. They understand bud structure. They understand penetration. They understand root structure. They understand effects of canopy/shade, it's a training tool. It doesn't just apply to Bonsai.

Now that I see what's wrong, it's going to be a long time before a lot get it. There's just too much confusion. Hate to say it, but this forum is crawling with it. When I fish, I want the biggest on the lightest line. I want the biggest bud on the smallest plant. Pruning to slow growth strengthens the plant as well, so it can support the weight.

Yep, I'm a Bonsai Grass Farmer. What's so ironic is that I really picked the ideal stuff without even knowing it. My common sense steered me right again. The need to understand what didn't make sense was the bee in my bonnet. Lot of realization for the middle of my first grow, even if I do say so myself. And under less than ideal thinking ability with a couple of good head injuries.

Glad I didn't write the color difference off last night, glad I kept at it and even dragged them out to see. I Bonsai'd the lot today more than I ever have because they aren't frying. the growth has already doubled in size since. I can run 24/7, the plants LOVE the veg spectrum. The nodal spacing hasn;t budged, the color's back, the smell is really amazing as to difference. Plus less chlorophyll, less photosynthesis. They aren't even missing the 600W. I left the 1200W at the same height to see what'd happen and it's perfect.

The full spectrum thing is pretty scrambled, also. Part of me wants to do a grow standard size with my technique, but too much wants to get crazy with the Bonsai. Bonsai wins. Others will get it eventually. Maybe this will help some see the light.

Ahhhhh, the 'Likes" have to do with the contest, eh? Quota thing? I must be getting better, a lot of missing pieces are starting to fit. That's cool, luck to all the candidates. I forgot I was in one, must have been hurt worse than thought.

I removed some posts, I was talking to myself working some things through. Would have seemed like gibberish to others.

I took the youtube content down, I didn't know what was what so that was a joke. I'm in the middle of a remodel.

I'm a Bonsai marijuana grower is what I've discovered I am. Google that to see where I'll be in a couple of months now that I get it. As soon as I saw those, I knew I was on the right track. When I started looking at lighting, I have something more than decent according to others. I need a lot less as I don't have to penetrate a canopy, just the bud. I'll be yanking all sugar leaves, also.

Next grow I'm doing Zoso in bud. Was going to do a 420, but I'm a Zep head, what can I say. That's going to be a grow for elsewhere. I'll finish this one here in case someone like me comes along. What I'm doing is just too different from what's taken as written in stone by the majority. I really don't need to butt heads with anyone. People just don't like change.

I see how it all happened, when MMJ came out, the stealth growers were the most up to speed with growing, but outside. They transferred that to inside, but it's a different animal in ideal conditions. It goes from bamboo to spider plant. Olympic athlete to couch potato. The shape between the Haze I pruned and the clones I didn't proves this out. When you add a light to the top of the plant you're encouraging it to race out at the bottom to escape the shade from the top. As soon as one growth tip's in shade, it lengthens internodal spacing to get back to the beach. Once there, it slows to normal until next time there's a cloudy week.

People really need to think about what they're trying to penetrate in every method of growing. If roots' resources aren't constantly being taxed by supporting a large canopy, it can store for reserve or even boost during flower. During veg you want all tips in the light and less mass of green. to tighten internodal spacing and let the roots save up. Also, leaves reach a point where they use more than they provide pretty quick, due to collisions with each other and age, etc. Bud structure is something else that's misunderstood.

Like I said, Google bonsai MJ and see what I'm on about. Look at those buds. They understand bud structure. They understand penetration. They understand root structure. They understand effects of canopy/shade, it's a training tool. It doesn't just apply to Bonsai.

Now that I see what's wrong, it's going to be a long time before a lot get it. There's just too much confusion. Hate to say it, but this forum is crawling with it. When I fish, I want the biggest on the lightest line. I want the biggest bud on the smallest plant. Pruning to slow growth strengthens the plant as well, so it can support the weight.

Yep, I'm a Bonsai Grass Farmer. What's so ironic is that I really picked the ideal stuff without even knowing it. My common sense steered me right again. The need to understand what didn't make sense was the bee in my bonnet. Lot of realization for the middle of my first grow, even if I do say so myself. And under less than ideal thinking ability with a couple of good head injuries.

Glad I didn't write the color difference off last night, glad I kept at it and even dragged them out to see. I Bonsai'd the lot today more than I ever have because they aren't frying. the growth has already doubled in size since. I can run 24/7, the plants LOVE the veg spectrum. The nodal spacing hasn;t budged, the color's back, the smell is really amazing as to difference. Plus less chlorophyll, less photosynthesis. They aren't even missing the 600W. I left the 1200W at the same height to see what'd happen and it's perfect.

The full spectrum thing is pretty scrambled, also. Part of me wants to do a grow standard size with my technique, but too much wants to get crazy with the Bonsai. Bonsai wins. Others will get it eventually. Maybe this will help some see the light.
Interesting

Spectrum ratio is different for each stage of growth. Both overall and intensity-wise. Veg more blues and Bloom more red. There are reasons for it. You should see the plants today, about 12 hours after scalping. The only veg I left was the growth tips and a few small, and I mean small, fans. The growth I left tripled in size with 0 stretch. I'd wager on even less stretch, if it were possible. The aroma in the tent is indescribable in comparison to the microwave oven I had going.

Lot of terms being bandied about with no understanding attached. The ideal meant in a broad sense to cover every type of vegetation, with real world which is different for each. Goes for just about everything from spectrum to PPFD, to water, to feeding. One set of care instructions is being applied globally.

LED lighting is the biggest area of confusion, you need to use it completely different than other sources. The other sources are being used incorrectly by the mass majority of growers from every garden I've seen so far, but LED takes it to new heights.

If you're taking this as a 'crow', instead of a Hansel and Grettel trail guiding you out of the jungle of confusion, then you're farther from the light than you think. If you're taking it as intended, then you're close to the Matrix exit door. Think about what I'm saying and how it can be applied to what you see, have seen with your own eyes, in your own grow.

Again, nobody's stupid, it's a carry-over affect from outdoors methods being applied in the perfect micro-climate of indoors. How could anyone expect the instructions to match is beyond me. I just happen to have time, hawk powers of observation and a need to understand the what's and why's of every thing on the face of the Earth. That's why I can do so many different things better than well, even those I attempt for the first time. Why I can play musical instruments and make the music I do with 6 months of guitar lessons at age 11 as the only formal training. I took what little I did learn and figured the rest out on my own. I play every instrument in my music, not just guitar.

If you took this as a crow, you've a longer row to hoe than others. If not, keep picking at it, the lightbulb isn't too far off.

The info out there is the biggest train wreck I've seen if my life. I thought the PC/Mac, DAW soft/hardware fact base was bad, but this is beyond belief how scrambled it all really is. People forget there are adjectives and adverbs that describe specifics to blanket statements.

Anyways, just woke from 9 hrs sleep, longest I've had in years and the bell has finally cleared a great deal. Head injuries really suck, (pardon my French). They wrap the brain in a straight jacket, tie a tourniquet around it for a bow and hide it in the closet until the next holiday and all while submerged in pudding.

Can't wait for Grow 2.0 when I can get it right from the beginning. I've pooched this bad. Still, I think I'll be pleased at the results now I'm back on track, plants don't seem to hold a grudge.

My LED advertised as 600W and drawing 180W, the 180 is per section. Each section has 30 10W LEDs for a 300W total and I'm getting 180W out the other end. Out of 600W tech specs, I'm getting 360W from the combined.

I remember when researching for purchase I came across this argument somewhere in my travels and a few electricians put meters on the plugs and confirmed. I now remember that, in combo with the no reflector deal is what swayed my purchase. I remember the discrepancies between theory and real world specs being something that nagged me and delayed purchase for over a week until I thought I might have a handle on it. I never did get a good grip, but I landed ok so no harm...

Another example of the MJ omelet going on these early days of legalization.

Back
Top Bottom