First Grow - Amnesia - Critical Super Silver Haze - SleeSkunk

Does anyone know why my stem is starting to turn purple/red near the top, it is also going down the vein of the fan leaves to it seems.. Does it need something?? Haven't found a certain answer and its hard to get one!! The plant seems to be a bit droopy to.. not to sure what it could be.

What do you's think?
20141022_163057.jpg

20141022_163124.jpg

20141022_163104.jpg

20141022_163212.jpg

20141022_163224.jpg

20141022_163242.jpg

Also heres a picture of my Critical Super Silver Haze feminized. Both girls are looking real good :)
20141022_163003.jpg

And here are my SleeSkunk Reg's. Since the day they sprouted one has not thrived like the rest. you can see its shorter has a bit of yellow on the leaves.
20141022_162923.jpg

Can someone please help us out with the red/purple stems! I can't seem to find a answer

I just checked your journal then, them plants are looking fine as hell.

Yea I think the red stems isn't to big of a problem but I will keep monitoring the growth a bit more just incase it needs something more.

Hoping to get some dank buds off my girls this grow so less problems the better lol.

Things are turning around . I wouldn't sweat anything yet . Red/purpling of stems is some time strain specific other times , it might need a cal mg supplement . This early into the grow i wouldn't worry about it tho . If your going to be lsting i would start as soon as u can . You want to make the most out of your Veg window that you can . At 3 1/2 weeks I usually try to run about 300-400 PPM going into the plant , but that's going into CoCo . What brand of soil are you using , and nutrients ? Main thing I can recommend is threw the journal on here or on pen , and paper at home keep track of everything you do , and see what works for you , and what doesn't . There is so much learning material on this site alone .

It hasn't really grown at the pace it was since the purple stems have come about also droopy leaves. I might give it a light feeding of Charlie Carp 10-2-6 to see if it fixe's anything.

I started it off in a peat pellet and then transplanted into Searles Organic Potting Soil. I noticed a bit of nitrogen toxicity so I flushed and checked ppm of runoff which was 1103ppm the last runoff was 535ppm.

I'm just scared to give it a hit with fert just incase it makes things worse but then again it could fix things im hoping so im gonna give it a go. Did a foliar feed yesterday with Charlie carp and now I've got a few pest's in my garden!!!! that shit attracts all them little bastards haha. I use tap water and the ppm is a bit over 200, its pretty hardy stuff which I let sit for a day or two and ph with apple cider vinegar.

My budget isn't the best so I have to make do with what I got unfortantly. I do have a 130W CFL 6500k and a 400W HPS though to get some decent buds. I'm thinking about buying some coco offline and some good nute's but is it really that much easier to grow even with the scheduled feeding chart they recommend?

good thing about coco is that there is nothing there for the plant . You have to put it all there with fertz . With Soils there is naturally nutrients in the soil , but whats exactly there , and at what amounts . Bad thing about CoCo is that you need to supplement with a Cal Mg

Yea i guess it's all trial and error until i have some experience behind me.

Well good news is that the amnesia is looking a bit more perky since i gave it a light feed, guess it was missing something that wasn't in the soil and its done it some good, will continue to do a light feeding to see if the purple goes away, noticed the growth has came back a bit so hopefully she should start to grow with some vigour again.

I'll keep updates coming :)

So I've been doing quite a bit of research and think I have a phosphorus deficiency. The Amnesia is coming good I've been feeding her with some Charlie carp but I think I might go buy something with a bit more P in it lol. Atleast I've come to a conclusion. Still looking mighty fine though (;
Oh you can also see I have also put some reflective film on top of the pot to reflect the light to the bottem half of the plant.

20141025_171925.jpg

20141025_171910.jpg

20141025_171833.jpg

Seedlings have had a turn for the worst though, not sure if its the heat or what but I have transplanted into bigger pots and have been put on the window seal to see if that will fix a few things. Here's a few picture's.
20141025_171745.jpg

20141025_171736.jpg

20141025_171728.jpg

I dunno to be honest, they are looking worse and dare say they wont pull through, anyway got another 4 to pop so ill be germinating them soon.

Hey all, been a couple of weeks since I updated but my girl is looking dam fine! Finally got her going good, defiantly was a phosphorous deficiency I believe. The red/purple stems have now gone and the rate of growth is unbelievable! She is getting real bushy now, it a bit small for the age but im not to concerned im only new to this haha.

So I've done a couple of things since last update. I have topped her today and also transplanted into a bigger pot 2 days ago. I used for my mix Searles Organic Potting Soil, Peat Moss, Searles Organic 5 in 1, Perlite, Dolomite Lime, Epsom Salt, Organic Phosphorous pellets (I believe they are bat guano) and blood and bone and added some bluestone washed rocks on the bottom of the pots for better drainage. I'm still feeding with Charlie Carp NPK 10-2-6 with added trace elements.

Will be throwing up some pictures real soon!

The Little ones have died ): I am still not sure how they were going so good, maybe I used a spray bottle with some residue still in it. I remember watering them and the next day they were pretty much dead. Defiantly wasn't overwatered because the peat pellets dried up everyday lol. But I have just put my northern lights by vision seeds and pineapple chunk from barney's farm both feminized in some peat pellets so should be seeing them pock their heads up in the next week, can't wait to see how they turn out! :)

I dunno lol. It started out a bit rough and stunted the growth a bit. The undergrowth is just starting to take off. She is under 24 hours of light still. Wanting to get bigger before I flower.

Back
Top Bottom