Odd smell coming from DWC reservoir

Wow really? I had no idea how rough that stuff was on our plants. I diluted the solution I dipped it in and only used 3% h202 so hopefully I didn’t actually cause any damage to the plant lol
I use 30% peroxide... you can very easily destroy your season with it. 2 grows ago i just eyeballed a healthy dose of peroxide and it didnt work out. Most of the leaves fell off inside of a week. Thankfully I was still in veg. I brought the plants back, and made it to harvest, but the buds weren't very solid. Heres a shot of the big plant that season and one of me cleaning my diffuser for an example of the smoke Hippie was referring to.

I'm a Hydroguard guy personally. I've used Z7 but it made a mess out of my system. I have a rather large air pump in my RDWC, and it caused a foam issue, which left some pretty heavy residue, a lot of it I can't get rid of. It actually destroyed my float valve. I also don't like the recommendation to add more every few days. Ive talked to other who say they let it go awhile, but nothing like Hydroguard. I also dont think its as inexpensive as they say.

Your issue just sounds like the beginning of an outbreak. Glad it didn't go China Syndrom on your ass. You can use more Hydroguard than they say, i regularly add a shot or two if i don't change my nutes for longer than usual.... but goobers won't grow in the dark. Make sure everything is light proof.

I use 30% peroxide... you can very easily destroy your season with it. 2 grows ago i just eyeballed a healthy dose of peroxide and it didnt work out. Most of the leaves fell off inside of a week. Thankfully I was still in veg. I brought the plants back, and made it to harvest, but the buds weren't very solid. Heres a shot of the big plant that season and one of me cleaning my diffuser for an example of the smoke Hippie was referring to.

I'm a Hydroguard guy personally. I've used Z7 but it made a mess out of my system. I have a rather large air pump in my RDWC, and it caused a foam issue, which left some pretty heavy residue, a lot of it I can't get rid of. It actually destroyed my float valve. I also don't like the recommendation to add more every few days. Ive talked to other who say they let it go awhile, but nothing like Hydroguard. I also dont think its as inexpensive as they say.

Your issue just sounds like the beginning of an outbreak. Glad it didn't go China Syndrom on your ass. You can use more Hydroguard than they say, i regularly add a shot or two if i don't change my nutes for longer than usual.... but goobers won't grow in the dark. Make sure everything is light proof.
Ya I must have lucked out because the smell went away and the plants finished up great with zero problems. It was just odd because I have never had a smell like that coming from my roots and lingering even after a few changes... I knew something was up... Ya I agree I love hydroguard, way cheaper then z7 too. I have a bottle on hand at all times but I usually only use a little bit every res change. I like to stick to the less is more mentality with my plants

Ya I must have lucked out because the smell went away and the plants finished up great with zero problems. It was just odd because I have never had a smell like that coming from my roots and lingering even after a few changes... I knew something was up... Ya I agree I love hydroguard, way cheaper then z7 too. I have a bottle on hand at all times but I usually only use a little bit every res change. I like to stick to the less is more mentality with my plants
I thought I had a dead rat under my shed for quite a while once. No slimey roots, no chunks, but the faint smell of Mickey Mouse tits up under the floor. Its usually a simple fix, but sometimes its unbelievably difficult to get rid of.

Back
Top Bottom