Oil effect vs smoking

pm420

420 Member
Hi there, it is so nice that there is a place on the internet where I ask this...

I'm new to edibles. I want to find a way to consume marijuana scentlessly. I've done an oil following this recipe

After consuming I've found out that the effect is different then smoking (the same weed). After smoking I have a 'head' feeling and a little buzz. After eating oil I feel mostly body relaxed but without 'head' effect. It is kinda hard to explain but it seems like feeling more 'sober' after eating vs smoking.

Am I doing something wrong? Is the recipe bad? I kinda don't know what to expect.

My goal is to consume marijuana safely, meaning withouth anyone knowing.

If anybody has any opinion or advice I'd much appreciate.

Many thanks

I use all my leaf from the grow paper grocery bag full 16 sticks of butter and if you make brownies watch out never de carb and never was more stoned in my life . Woke up after 6 hrs sleep and walked into the wall that good.

I did decarb, just like in the instruction. 30 min at 215F. But I've read that this could be more potent if decarb would take approx 1 h... can't tell what is righ or what is wrong...

This recipe infusion takes 2x 45m = 1,5h. You've mentioned about 8h?... I've used lecithin while infusing (at the beginning and in the middle) but not post.

I was doing 4g of buds / 60 ml MCT oil. I've taken 4,5 ml as a doze, which is around 0,3g of bud....

When I smoke 0,3g spliff I'm quite pleased with high. It is with 'head', 'funny' effect. It last around 1,5 h

When I eat 4,5 ml oil I feel body relaxed but without 'head', 'funny' effect. Which I don't really like, I need that 'head' high. Although, it lasts longer. It hits after 30min and it lasts around 3h

Do you have similiar experiance when it comes to different high types (oil vs smoke)?
Is there any recipe that you've tried and could recommend?

Many thanks

Decarbing for about an hour sounds right imo. The reason for the lecithin post infusion has something to do with it effecting the binding process. I believe some members here tested both ways and you get better results when it's added afterwards because the oil can absorb more of the cannabinoids without it. Longer infusions are better off... you want to be sure you've gotten the most out of the starting materials. But an hour and half might work just fine when you're in a hurry.

Honestly, I'm not the most experienced when it comes to edibles and dosing... The buzz is a bit different, and in my experience, it's easy to go overboard and not enjoy yourself. Really, at the end of the day I prefer smoking. I'm going to pass this off to the master chef, @InTheShed or whomever is better suited to answer. Hope find what you're looking for.

Decarbing for about an hour sounds right imo. The reason for the lecithin post infusion has something to do with it effecting the binding process. I believe some members here tested both ways and you get better results when it's added afterwards because the oil can absorb more of the cannabinoids without it. Longer infusions are better off... you want to be sure you've gotten the most out of the starting materials. But an hour and half might work just fine when you're in a hurry.

Honestly, I'm not the most experienced when it comes to edibles and dosing... The buzz is a bit different, and in my experience, it's easy to go overboard and not enjoy yourself. Really, at the end of the day I prefer smoking. I'm going to pass this off to the master chef, @InTheShed or whomever is better suited to answer. Hope find what you're looking for.
Thanks Regrowth...master chef indeed!
:laugh:

Liquid sunflower lecithin is added after infusion per the tests of an actual professional cannachef, @Cannasavvy, per her testing posts that start here.

lecithin is an emulsifier. They use it in making gummies to keep the oil from seeping out and getting that greasy feeling after a while.

Back
Top Bottom