Okay i wanna make seeds

tokersmokeg

i have one male and a bunch of small sog clones i wanna breed.i Only want to seed one.i have a 100w cfl that i could pull out and set up in another room.so whats the easiest way to accomplish this the female is the doctor and the male is og kush the male is real short with crazy branching the female likes to strech but gives off great yeilds and smoke.give me some feedback and ill post pics!!

There are a lot of ways to do this. Basically segregate the male and when it starts pollinating collect it and put it only on the buds you want seeds in. I take plate and hold it under a branch and tap... collect the pollen on Q-tips then act like a bee and rub the Q-tip all in the buds you want pollinated :3

I do the same thing with a little brush
I didn't have room in the box I kept my male in so I carefully clipped off the branches and shook tapped them
over some wax paper cause I don't have a big glass or mirror to do it on
but even as careful as you are itll shake off lol the pollen releases very easily
its probably why buck puts a plate under and shakes it off
I just didn't have room in my box and had a lot of leaves in the way
its somewhere in my current journal back a ways

cant i just grow them side by side in another area?or should i just pollinate one branch?i have other plants i dont want seeded.the male just started showing and the females are about 2 weeks in

yes you can just grow them side by side in another separate area maybe with a light wind blowing from the male side to the female side to duplicate being outside in the wind allowing the pollen to be blown around

the beauty of segregation is the ability to selectively pollinate. This will give you as much smoke-able bud as you wish and give you seeds to boot. This will also allow you to pollinate the ones you don't want to spoil because you will only have seeds on single bud.

edit -- I pollinate the lower "popcorn" buds

I've done this, but what do you get?

often it's Frankenstein's monster. you really don't have a clue.

WHEN I've done it, it's always been within the same hybrid, yielding me F2 seeds which retain UP TO 75% of the original characteristics. while that's been good enough for me to experiment on, it's not a good breeding technique. there is a whole lot more to it than simply moving pollen from a male to a female flower set.

I'd much rather leave the breeding to the pros and buy the seeds which most suit my environment and style of growing.

i dont see how it would come out like franskenstein.ive seen journals on here that came out to have some nice seeds,then later became nice plants what do you work for the seed companies?

Back
Top Bottom