Old virgin

Question: I've got a Mars 192 LED and it has grow and bloom light settings. Everything I read is light is "on" or "off" I believe it's 16on/8off to start with? How early do I start giving them the full amount of light? Soon as I plant the tap root? So when do I use the bloom setting on my light?
Most people (<---- this) start with the blue light only for about a week, then turn it on afterburner for the rest of the time. But you can wait on the red spectrum till flower. But power is power..... More power, bigger plant.

Most people (<---- this) start with the blue light only for about a week, then turn it on afterburner for the rest of the time. But you can wait on the red spectrum till flower. But power is power..... More power, bigger plant.
Yeah, I noticed you can have both on at the same time. Mine are just under the soil right now and under only red light.

You will not use the bloom lights until you switch to 12/12 (12 hrs of light and 12 hrs of dark) which begins the flowering phase. The strain you are growing will typically have a length of time that it is in flower phase. And during the vegetative stage typically the lights are off for 6hrs and on for 18. At least that’s what I hear most people using. That’s for photoperiod plants. If you are running Autos the changing of the phases of life of the plant are not controlled by the light. I don’t know much about Autos myself.

The blue spectrum is used first though....thought I would point that out. The plants do not really need red until making flowers.

You will not use the bloom lights until you switch to 12/12 (12 hrs of light and 12 hrs of dark) which begins the flowering phase. The strain you are growing will typically have a length of time that it is in flower phase. And during the vegetative stage typically the lights are off for 6hrs and on for 18. At least that’s what I hear most people using. That’s for photoperiod plants. If you are running Autos the changing of the phases of life of the plant are not controlled by the light. I don’t know much about Autos myself.
I read that with autos you don't need the light off at all. Main reason people do turn the light off is to save power. The autos don't need the downtime of the light off for any amount of time. Since I'm running LEDs I'm going to keep the light on 24. I'll probably wait until the plants get some size to them and then give them both red and blue lights. I live in an old house so my circuit breaker may have something to say about how much light how often but so far no issues with that.

I read that with autos you don't need the light off at all. Main reason people do turn the light off is to save power. The autos don't need the downtime of the light off for any amount of time. Since I'm running LEDs I'm going to keep the light on 24. I'll probably wait until the plants get some size to them and then give them both red and blue lights. I live in an old house so my circuit breaker may have something to say about how much light how often but so far no issues with that.

I have read that some dark time may actually let the plant rest. All creatures on earth require a rest time. Just stands to reason even an auto could rest. I tend to run 20 on 4 off.

But I can be wrong. Just my opinion.....

I have read that some dark time may actually let the plant rest. All creatures on earth require a rest time. Just stands to reason even an auto could rest. I tend to run 20 on 4 off.

But I can be wrong. Just my opinion.....
I’ve also head the 20-4 ratio for autos is usually rewarding. I believe the genetic part of autos that makes them not bloom based on light comes from northern cannabis, however even though it doesn’t effect the life cycle of the plant, the presence of some darkness seems to have a positive effect. But this is from what I’ve learned here and there are opposing views and techniques for every aspect of growing. But one thing is for sure....we all love this plant!:yummy:

I’ve also head the 20-4 ratio for autos is usually rewarding. I believe the genetic part of autos that makes them not bloom based on light comes from northern cannabis, however even though it doesn’t effect the life cycle of the plant, the presence of some darkness seems to have a positive effect. But this is from what I’ve learned here and there are opposing views and techniques for every aspect of growing. But one thing is for sure....we all love this plant!:yummy:
Yeah, everything I've run across about it so far bottom lines it down to a preference and no real evidence of higher or lower yields.

:Namaste:
Hi Midge!
We all look forward to your journal thread!

:passitleft:
I use the 20-4 ratio as well.
An upside would be a chance for the humidity to recover.
To arid can be bad too, and the plants will need to be watered a tad more or often.
Though if mold is an issue. I can see your decision making process.
I would keep the lights on full time for the first 12-14 days anyways.
It really is your opinion that matters though.
Unlike photos, autos are very forgiving with light.
Training and topping are great ways to up your yield.

:bong:
I've got a few of the Pyramid seedbank autos in my treasure chest.
I lucked out on the King Tut, and had to settle.
Not bad though got Kryptonite, New York, American Pie, and Super OG Kush.
I did make up for that loss with Sweet Seeds, Jack 47. An Ak47 and Jack H. mix.
We are all around to help. :love:

:bravo:Bravo with Mars-Hydro! They are really great for that!

P.s. All I grow are autos.

Hey @PhobosAnomaly . Just want your opinion on autos for a sec. do you feel like you are giving up anything growing autos. I’m intrigued by the short grow time but I’ve read you sacrifice potency. I have a small grow area and will probably not be expanding that anytime soon. So if I could have a quicker grow that would be great but if the quality of the product is better with photoperiod then it’s worth it for me to give it the extra time. Just want your opinion. Thanks!

Hey @PhobosAnomaly . Just want your opinion on autos for a sec. do you feel like you are giving up anything growing autos. I’m intrigued by the short grow time but I’ve read you sacrifice potency. I have a small grow area and will probably not be expanding that anytime soon. So if I could have a quicker grow that would be great but if the quality of the product is better with photoperiod then it’s worth it for me to give it the extra time. Just want your opinion. Thanks!

Interesting question. I've not read or heard anything about auto's being less potent. This being my first grow I have no frame of reference but maybe someone else can answer that question.

Back
Top Bottom