Omega Garden's Volksgarden Rotary Garden

I can't wait to see how this grow goes... I stumbled across this website while trying to find more info on rotational gardens, NuPonics, the world most compact, efficient, Ebbon Flow Hydroponics system. Does anyone know anything about these rotating gardens? I want to grow with a rotation device in an apartment or condo, so finding something small is essential, anyone have advice?

Hey jeff, welcome.

You gotta be careful about the different rotary gardens, as they may look the same, they are not all built the same. Have a look at the install video earlier in this thread and see how easy and simple the Volksgarden is. In this case simple is good. The VG is not the first design that Omega has made, more like the 6th, and its sweet. You don't want to be used as the R&D lab for a start up in my opinion.

Cheers,
Maxx

Hello maxxiums,

thanks for the info of this VG machine as the details you gave out.

I am saving money for one of this machine.
I have a few questions to ask you.
---
For your 2nd round with 60 plants

do you put seeds or clones into the VG or you have to seed or clone first then you put them into the VG for vegetation?

1. how high is the plants when you put them in to the VG?
2. how tall are the plants when you put them into the VG?
3. how long do you veg the plants?
4. what happen to the roots of each plants? I can not figure where the root are at ???
5. how long for flowering or bud?

-thanks

Hi Slicky,

For me it's clones for the Volksgarden. Veg them in the VG. You are getting close to real time here so you can see that different plants react differently to the rotation and in flat land as well of course, so dialing in the veg time is part of the process, and when you change plants like I am doing every time out you may need to adjust for optimum performance. Numbers of plants are going to make a difference as well as when plants are crowed they compete for light making them grow taller. This was a 6 day veg and if I keep running this plant I will adjust to 5 days veg next time and see what I get them, and go to 4 possibly after that.

Roots are in a root medium holder that attaches to the slots in Volksgarden. If you go to the Omega Garden dot com site at the bottom of the VG page there are links to details assembly pics that should help.

Flowering is sped up some what in the VG due to plant proximity to the light and also the rotation I believe, but it's still pretty close to the usual time for whatever strain you are growing, though veg time is close to eliminated.

Cheers,
Maxx

Hello and thanks for the reply.

Wow this is hitech stuff and it is very intererst to see and experience to get the max result.

is there anyway I can contact you privately by email? I can not talk or ask and discuss here freely because webmaster & moderators constantly monitor.

I have some very interesting thing I would like to discuss with you if it is possible.

thanks

Hi Slicky,

For me it's clones for the Volksgarden. Veg them in the VG. You are getting close to real time here so you can see that different plants react differently to the rotation and in flat land as well of course, so dialing in the veg time is part of the process, and when you change plants like I am doing every time out you may need to adjust for optimum performance. Numbers of plants are going to make a difference as well as when plants are crowed they compete for light making them grow taller. This was a 6 day veg and if I keep running this plant I will adjust to 5 days veg next time and see what I get them, and go to 4 possibly after that.

Roots are in a root medium holder that attaches to the slots in Volksgarden. If you go to the Omega Garden dot com site at the bottom of the VG page there are links to details assembly pics that should help.

Flowering is sped up some what in the VG due to plant proximity to the light and also the rotation I believe, but it's still pretty close to the usual time for whatever strain you are growing, though veg time is close to eliminated.

Cheers,
Maxx

hello

I tried to reply to your private message but it does not allow me to do.

it said i need 25 post before can access private message

thanks

Maxximus, thanks for answering my question! I think you're right, I've decided to go with the VG, now I just need to get out to cali. Do you mind if I ask you 3 more questions?

How much did your AC unit cost? Does it control humidity too?

Do you happen to know the size of the box this comes in? I wonder if I could fit that wheel in my xterra?

I am moving to cali very soon and I'm attending the seminar at Oaksterdam University in a few weeks. I need to get a place around $1200/month, do you have any suggestions on cities in northern cali that dont have a lot of heat like Humboldt and Mendo? I would like to find an apartment, condo or duplex where the landlords aren't naturally suspicious and looking out for growers. How is Santa Rosa or Santa Cruz? Or does anyone else have advice in this area?

Thanks again for your help!

Hello

You said you found the volksgarden on craiglist please send me the link for this.

Dims for the VG are 4 foot and 31 inches so i have 6 inch clearance of either end, and I have 2 foot plus on the open side of the VG so its ideal. temps from 75 to 85F with the air-con.

Cheers,
Maxx

Maxximus, thanks for answering my question! I think you're right, I've decided to go with the VG, now I just need to get out to cali. Do you mind if I ask you 3 more questions?

How much did your AC unit cost? Does it control humidity too?

Do you happen to know the size of the box this comes in? I wonder if I could fit that wheel in my xterra?

I am moving to cali very soon and I'm attending the seminar at Oaksterdam University in a few weeks. I need to get a place around $1200/month, do you have any suggestions on cities in northern cali that dont have a lot of heat like Humboldt and Mendo? I would like to find an apartment, condo or duplex where the landlords aren't naturally suspicious and looking out for growers. How is Santa Rosa or Santa Cruz? Or does anyone else have advice in this area?

Thanks again for your help!

Got the air-con unit used, but i think i have seen them for $300 to $400, and it's something that you ought to be able to find on craigs list.

Volksgarden wheel is in a box 45 x 45 x 24 so its usually the job for a minivan, pickup truck, or such, though if you have a roof rack that will work as well. It's not heavy but it is awkward.

Sorry but I am not one to be of much help with knowledge of various locals and rental details.

Good luck.

Cheers,
Maxx

Volksgarden wheel is in a box 45 x 45 x 24 so its usually the job for a minivan, pickup truck, or such, though if you have a roof rack that will work as well. It's not heavy but it is awkward.

Thanks again for the advice. I thought the Volksgarden wheel itself was 4 foot in diameter (48inches)? Is it really only 45 inches? Cause that would probably fit in my SUV. I could throw it on the roof, but would be a little worried it might be too tall and get taken out by a bridge or overpass or something.

Thanks again for the advice. I thought the Volksgarden wheel itself was 4 foot in diameter (48inches)? Is it really only 45 inches? Cause that would probably fit in my SUV. I could throw it on the roof, but would be a little worried it might be too tall and get taken out by a bridge or overpass or something.

When the medium holders are installed the Volksgarden cylinder is 49 inches in diameter, and before its got plants in it the cylinder is 44 inches and the box is 45 inches. The box is 24 inches deep so unless you have some low low bridges you ought to be OK. lolol

Hello Max.

thank you for the advise and warning. I found a store in Orange county california, they have a unit on demo and also have the unit in store & stock.

too bad I have to pay cali. tax on it versa internet purchase no tax.

Eitherway internet I have to pay shipping cost about $250.00

Buy at Orange california I have to pay 7.50 tax and gas I live about 180 mile from orange county so I just buy it here.

That was not posted by me. Lots of scams out there these days so be careful

Cheers,
Maxx

haha, yeah 24 inches on top of the car should be ok, I'll be throwing up there I guess.

Do you have any worries with sound growing in an apartment?

Do you think you could run 2 of these in a 5' x 10' tent with fans and everything in an apartment without the neighbors hearing or smelling it?

congrats on moving to cali! and congrats on deciding to get a v garden. Cali is the greatest. Grab sum clones, make sum moms and get growing! PS people claim LA Con is a low yielder - in my experience its great for the VG and yields very well. Keep us posted on your progress!

Hello Max.

thank you for the advise and warning. I found a store in Orange county california, they have a unit on demo and also have the unit in store & stock.

too bad I have to pay cali. tax on it versa internet purchase no tax.

Eitherway internet I have to pay shipping cost about $250.00

Buy at Orange california I have to pay 7.50 tax and gas I live about 180 mile from orange county so I just buy it here.

if you buy it direct you pay no tax. Omega is a Canadian co and did not charge me tax, but you do have to pay shipping which was about $150. I picked it up at the shipping company and you dont pay the shippers anything and they didnt have my last name and were not interested in my tax situation.

Thanks

I can not believe this site is instant reply and respond.
What a whole bunch of dedicate people trying to help each and educate each other.

I live in Lake Isabella near bakerfiled california, how do i find a company near me that will ship and not worry about my name and tax?any idea?

whaere is volksgarden in canada but east or west coast, if west coast I may drive up there and get some seeds there too, a fun trip, then i have to pay for shipping and avoid the tax.

if you buy it direct you pay no tax. Omega is a Canadian co and did not charge me tax, but you do have to pay shipping which was about $150. I picked it up at the shipping company and you dont pay the shippers anything and they didnt have my last name and were not interested in my tax situation.

Thanks

I can not believe this site is instant reply and respond.
What a whole bunch of dedicate people trying to help each and educate each other.

I live in Lake Isabella near bakerfiled california, how do i find a company near me that will ship and not worry about my name and tax?any idea?

whaere is volksgarden in canada but east or west coast, if west coast I may drive up there and get some seeds there too, a fun trip, then i have to pay for shipping and avoid the tax.

If there is a shipping terminal in Bakersfield and there ought to be with its size, Omega Garden can ship it there and you can pick it up and pay no tx. you can pick it up from the shipping companies terminal same as how I got mine. you don't have to go to a hydro store if you dont want to.

Omega is on the west coast I believe.

Cheers,
Maxx

haha, yeah 24 inches on top of the car should be ok, I'll be throwing up there I guess.

Do you have any worries with sound growing in an apartment?

Do you think you could run 2 of these in a 5' x 10' tent with fans and everything in an apartment without the neighbors hearing or smelling it?

Helps to have some buffering like hard foam under the legs. It's the people under you that can hear vibrations.

2 VGs will fit in that size tent. Run an air scrubber can filter does the job.

Cheers,
Maxx

Helps to have some buffering like hard foam under the legs. It's the people under you that can hear vibrations.

2 VGs will fit in that size tent. Run an air scrubber can filter does the job.

Cheers,
Maxx

What about getting enough fresh air? would you need to seal the window with a board and cut a whole to attach an air intake? and where would you pipe the used (coal filtered) air out, just into the apartment?

You're an absolute rockstar for sharing you're time and knowledge, I know everyone here appreciates it!

Back
Top Bottom