Volks Grow

Hopefully, the stretch is over, I'm assuming it is, because it has to be. There is no more room:
003169.JPG

It is forming buds now, so that's a good sign:
005167.JPG

I have the light back up to 750w, but am keeping a very close eye on the situation....
008147.JPG

So much to do, so few hours in the day...

back to work.... :headbanger:

CMX,

Was wondering if you had ever heard of "TISSUE CULTURE" ???

yea thats been around for a while..it does work however it takes a good bit..the good thing is theoretically you can make 1,000s of propagations from just a tiny tissue sample of the plant leaf or stem......

on the side note..wheel looks great...cross my fingers for the end of the stretch...:goodjob:

:woohoo:

:cheer:Another volks:cheer:

Enough for a sub-forum yet?

yea thats been around for a while..it does work however it takes a good bit..the good thing is theoretically you can make 1,000s of propagations from just a tiny tissue sample of the plant leaf or stem...

Ohio State University has a nice page with brief discussions of several plant propagation methods:
PHP:
https://www.hcs.ohio-state.edu/mg/manual/prop2.htm

I would like to try the root cutting method one of these days to see if it works on MJ (that would be cool). The layering method definitely works and can even be done on an upper branch if one places growing medium around the wound for roots to grow into (you DON'T meed to place the wound into the ground). I tried the leaf cutting method a few times about 25 years ago with African Violets and got beautiful plants that wouldn't produce a single flower between them. It might work on MJ, it might not. Plants are not all the same.

Sorry to hijack your thread (in two different directions:ganjamon:), CMx. That young purple flower is very beautiful and puts me in mind of the one with the hummingbird. You should print the largest one you can and frame it.

Enough for a sub-forum yet?

Not yet, but getting closer. Up to 7 by my count. I can't count leonardo's prep room build but definately when the Volks is in it. Still hoping for Tightbuds to start one. A few other people have either said they are running one or are thinking about getting one, but no journals yet.

These wheels of bud are the way to go if you aren't worried about plant count - just my opinion

Plant count?!?
Rez_023.JPG

Best way I've seen yet to get out of mowing the lawn every week!

Congratulations on the plants - and on the large pair of brass ones.

Keep in mind that I grow for others as well :Rasta: :smokin: ;) :cool: :smokin: :grinjoint:, it is legal for me, and this is my full time job (60+ hours/week). Again, I re-iterate: the economy and lack of jobs created this grower. It's really a dream come true, becuase I truly found what I believe is my calling.

As far as numbers go... I have under 300 (including unrooted clones), exact numbers, I'm not sure. Technically, I personally only have 90 (as recommended in my doctors letter), so the rest are plants that I produce for others.

It is an excellent way to not mow the yard (just patches here and there with a weed whacker), not to mention my neighbors are simply outstanding. If they know, they don't care, or are clients (with their recommendation). :surf:

Life has a funny way of giving back sometimes, and I guess this is repayment. Cannabis being illegal cost me a few jobs, so now it is providing me with one. I think it's only fair.

The brass ones, well, I think those just grew naturally, after being homeless for almost three years, a person tends to care less what happens to themselves and does whatever it takes to bring about change. It's taken a while (almost two years) to get to the point where I am now, and there's no looking back.

So if it ever seems I am bragging, I am not, I am simply amazed, and extremely happy to be where I am, doing what I do. :yummy:

Not yet, but getting closer. Up to 7 by my count. I can't count leonardo's prep room build but definately when the Volks is in it. Still hoping for Tightbuds to start one. A few other people have either said they are running one or are thinking about getting one, but no journals yet.

These wheels of bud are the way to go if you aren't worried about plant count - just my opinion

I have heard of, but not seen Volksgardens using screen techniques to fill up the garden using low plant numbers like 20 and even as low as 8.

Cheers,
Maxx

I have heard of, but not seen Volksgardens using screen techniques to fill up the garden using low plant numbers like 20 and even as low as 8.

Cheers,
Maxx

have been tossing that around in my head for a while, but was afraid the lack of a good root mass would produce crap. i know hydro can cope with significantly less roots but how much less? i don't know where i could find info to help me decide best plant count for scrog considering root mass. i already figured out how to easily double rooting space, and i think i know how i could make it even bigger than that.

:scratchinghead:

Back
Top Bottom