Half a LB a Month in an Aeroponic Tent

I can see it now...WnF's newest DIY, personal grow motivator.:loopy:

Materials Needed:

Bud Pics
Baby Mobile (music box optional)
hard hat
duct tape

Right about now I'd settle for 1-DIY bud!

Well I'm a little ripped right now.:smokin:

I went to check my garden and the largest Flo that I recently had to tie up couldn't hold her weight any longer so I cut it down. Trimmed her and hung her up. I didn't weigh her wet but for byproducts I got about an oz. of trim and my personal favorite, a bowl full of finger/scissor hash. Very sticky girl. I'm keeping a close eye on the others as all are starting to have some amber trichomes. Makes me wonder if I lost track of time and am actually a week further along than I thought.

Another one down. One of the bush widows this time. Trichs were 50 amber/50 cloudy so down it came. None of the others are ready but I'm sure they will be by Friday. The MK's are just starting to show amber and the other two already have a few, even though they continue to fatten up. Based on the size of the trimmed plants they look like they'll have put out at least an ounce a piece. Not a bad start to an assumed dismal harvest.

Harvest Time

Plants were having a hard time holding themselves up and all the trichs looked good so I took one last pic before the chop.

midharvest1.JPG

Finished harvesting and trimming around 1:00 AM. I don't do wet weights but will have dry weights next week when I put them into cure.

harvest18.JPG

Here's a top and side view of one of the MK's that was LST'ed.

mk12.JPG

mk1_side.JPG

After I chopped "B" down I did some much needed maintenance and cleaning in the tent. I also went in a thinned out a bunch in "A", half a paper shopping bags worth. Once the system was clean and reassemble I moved the plants from veg to "B" and installed a screen. 2 Rainbow, 2 AK-47, 1 ATF, and the last of the Afgooey.

Fd28a_b1.JPG

I should have take a pic of the veg before I moved it. You couldn't see the tub and the plants were well out side their designated space. Here's the veg as it looks now with plants just one week out of the cloner.

veg_d7.JPG

Rainbow clones Day 7, almost all of them are showing roots now. These will stay in the cloner until I cut clones off the ATF in a week or two

rb_clones_d7.JPG

Thanks. The next harvest will give the "normal" results for this system. Another guy that is using the same setup right now is pushing the 3 oz + per plant. Of course that's with CO2 and 1k lighting. I was hoping to upgrade my lighting after this harvest but it looks like I may have to wait.

Awesome buds man! They look very compact from those pictures and quite swollen too. What size water pump do you use in your cloner and main aero setups? I've seen around here that 700 gph is sufficient, I'm wondering because I am currently buying the supplies to build one either 10 or 18 gallon res. Thanks for your help, I can't wait to hear the dry weight on that harvest and possibly a smoke report?

The best and cheapest reservoir I have found is the 27 gallon Super Box. $11 at Lowes and super rugged. I use it for my veg unit and as a res for both of my flower systems.

As far as pumps go, I use two sizes. 185 gph and 396 gph. I use the 185's in the cloner and one of my flower units and the 396 in my veg and other flower unit.

I will let you know what the dry weights are next Friday. Smoke report to follow as well.

Well that harvest was a disappointment. I ended up with almost 5 oz of good bud and then an ounce of popcorn and trim for cooking. The buds dried really quick and are now in their respective jars curing.

The MK must have hermied because there was a puff of dust when I hung it up and I found some false seeds when I manicured. Hopefully none of the pollen hit the other batch of flowers. As a result, the two MK's I currently have in flower will be the last for awhile. I kept one mother but the plants that were in veg got yanked.

The veg unit now has two AK 47 and four ATF's. The ATF's that are currently in flower look AMAZING!! Almost the entire plants with the exception of the older fan leaves are COVERED in trichomes. I'll take a picture tonight when the lights are on. I'll give the updates on the other plants in flower when the lights are on.

Back
Top Bottom