1st Medical Grow, 3 Strains in 2x4 Hydrohut

nice girls! awesome!!!!

WOW! Now THAT'S a harvest!!! Good for you!! I'm so happy for you dude! That scrog layout of yours works so good apparently...I would like to try that type of grow set-up sometime...
I just was stopping by to see what you had going on while I'm feeling a little better today. And it looks like you are doing FANTASTIC!
WEll, I'm making my first batch of MJ brownies right now, after just making my very 1st batch of Canna-Oil...I sure hope they come out right.
Your grow is awesome man, really, and I just wanted to say hello and wish you all the best on all your harvests...

Best wishes, RVG:welldone::cheer::cheer::cheer::party::high-five:

Wow Ice, everything turned out great!!! I had confidence in you though my friend, love how "surgical" you are with your grow room, LOL!! Once again congrats, definately NOTM and POTM entries.:Namaste::high-five:

Hey everyone!!! my main computer is still down so sorry about the delays on the postings.....

Well as of yesterday, the harvested blue dragon cola's went into big jar's for curing...the stems did not snap, but were very close to snapping and the outsides of the buds were very dry, (about 5 days of drying with 58%RH and constant air circulation). The 374g. dryed out to 90g's, just over 3oz!!! I never thought that they would lose that much water weight, but its good to know!!!

I also yesterday harvested the University Hill's og cola's and placed them into the drying cabinet. All of the main cola's were showing half amber on the sugar leafs and almost all of the white hairs were now amber and shrinking back into the buds....whoa!! this university og is strong!!! the odor is so much that even my ionizer and jar of ona are having a hard time masking and ridding of the odor completely!! After trimming off all of the main cola's, the ones that are done, I decided to weigh them in....348g's wet, so I imagine it should finish in the same ballpark as the blue dragon...which is nice!!!!

My chembands are still going strong and only showing about 15% amber so I am going to let them go another week... The buds are still showing many white hairs and havent seemed to swell yet so I figure about another week should be great!!

My remaining blue dragon under buds are really starting to thicken up, get denser and also just starting to show some amber, however most of the trichomnes are still clear, so these along with my newly trimmed UVH's OG's will probably be in for another 2 to 3 weeks before the remainder of the plants is harvested.....

Each of the already harvested plants still has at least another 2 oz each on the plants so this should weigh in for a pretty heavy yield once all said an done...

Not much else to report though besides I did try a fully dry blue dragon nug an OMG it is very very good....similar taste to bluedream, a berry/bluebeerry citrus taste but with this strain, a very very heavy but heady high...not much for couch lock which is good, but a very clear, but heavy head high!!! cant wait until it is cured !!!!!

Here are the photo's of the harvesting of the University Hill's OG cola's and the after shot's of the tent with smaller under budsites maturing and Chembands still awaiting there harvest...

Trimming the UVH OG
DSC024462.JPG

Hanging the UVH OG in my DIY drying closet, front bud thats lighter is drying blue dragon smoking bud...lol
DSC024471.JPG

My Blue dragon's curing, one jar is large nugs, other is smaller ones
DSC024481.JPG

Close up of blue dragon's curing
DSC024493.JPG

Another photo of blue dragon's curing
DSC02450.JPG

Close up of freshly cut and hung university hills og
DSC024512.JPG

Another close up of the university hill's og
DSC024521.JPG

Another shot of the drying cabinet in action
DSC024531.JPG

The tent after cola harvest...notice there still is quite a bit of blue dragon buds remaining as well as UVH's OG.s....
DSC024541.JPG

Close up of the freshly cut UVH OG's, sectional harvest
DSC024551.JPG

Hey Icemud - I think I understand that you let the rest of the bottom buds fatten up a bit more? Assuming that you harvested the first bit when your trichomes are where you wanted them to be (50/50?) - then are the rest of the ones on the plant not still progressing? Do you care about that? Or do the benefits outweigh the "ideal" trichome ratio?

Hey everyone, sorry I havent been commenting on your journals and responding as much lately, still using this pentium 3 old skool laptop and it crashes all the time so posting anything is difficult enough....lol....

My curing blue dragon's have been jarred for about a week now and really are dry to the touch all the way thru, but the larger stems are not snapping yet, so still daily I am burping the jars about 2x. I have smoked the blue dragon and it is an amazing high, taste and overall smoke...Virtually no harshness...no cough at all, and I cough on almost anything I smoke being a cig smoker as well... so that is a big plus. The taste is incredible, almost a blue dream taste, very sweet berry/blueberry tasting, just like the buds smell!!! The high is amazing, very cerebral, no couch lock effect at all, very motivating, social and talkative high...

My 1st cut and now curing University Hill's OG is phenominal. The buds are very very dense, smell almost too much, with that OG style funky smell!! Very resinous buds that are very sticky but super dense. The buds are pretty hard/crispy, but stems also are not snapping yet so I will most likely keep burping the jars for another week. Upon smoking I would put this up against anything in the local shops top shelf range....whoa!! Its hard for me even to finish a full bowl, very very heavy high, not so much a couchlock feeling but more of a very very heavy cerebral stone!!! The taste is that of a very good OG, one that lasts in your mouth minutes after you have taken a hit and the buds even though smooth upon first inhaling, really expand in the lungs and leave you shook after exhaling your first hit....amazing strain!!!

About 4 days ago I harvested the rest of my blue dragon plants as well as one of my UNiversity Hill's OG's (just the smaller nugs that were left) I was shocked to find out that somehow I stressed my back blue dragon, or possibly it was poor genetics, but half of the plant...(meaning some of the larger stems, but not all) somehow seeded or maybe herme'd becase they were looking very funky, airy buds with lil white (seed looking developments)....This disappointed me a lil because I thought I was doing such a good job..... could it be heat? was it genetics? was it somthing in the Nutrients? or the smoothy juices I was adding??? Overall I hung this one seperate from the rest...prob 1 or 2 oz was effected so most likely this will go to make butter or some type of edible....Half of the same plant was ok though and showed no signs of weird growth or developments, this is kind of why I am thinking genetics???

So whats left in my tent, both full chembands are just about ready to pull. as well as the 1 remaining University Hill's OG (just the smaller nugs, cola's were already harvested) About a week ago was there last watering of only distilled water, humic acid, molassus and a lil juice and upon checking the soil today, 3/4 of the pots are pretty dry with about the bottom 1/4 moist but not saturated...So today was the day I cut the lights and will give them 48 hrs of dark before harvest... I wasn't able to do this with my other harvests because I still had these plants in bloom so I am really curious to find out what the difference in smokeability will be....

RECAP...so far

blue dragon 1st cutting...around 98g's dry (now curing)
University og 1st cutting...approx 94gs dry (not curing)

Drying.....
rest of blue dragon normal...1 1/2 plant approx 2-3 oz dry
blue dragon herme or seeded... 1/2 plant...approx 1-2oz dry
1 University Hills OG, smaller nugs, whole plant...approx 1-2oz dry

Ready to pull...
2 Full Chemband plants, not yet harvested...approx 4-6oz dry
1 University Hill's OG (just smallers, cola's already harvested) approx 1-2 oz

So far it looks like my investment should pay off itself no problem...which makes me smile....1800$ plus is a lot to drop on a 1st grow without knowing the results, but now knowing I can produce quality just as good as any local club's top shelf, I am anxious to start again.....I am really liking how the University Hill's OG's are turning out so I may do this strain again, I also tasted another strain from the same genetics/strain company called SoCalDAM OG which is a almost identical replication of the original OG kush....I tried the dried flower's and it kicked my ass...so I am very interested in doing this strain... I also have the availability for chocolope and cali candy which is (chocolope x og) which sound tasty, so they may also be my next candidates... choices time!!!

I will keep updated when I can with photos's and total yeild reports as well as chemband smoke reports when the time is right....thank you to everyone who has contributed help, knowledge, time and comments to assist me in producing this top notch medicine!!!!

Hey Icemud - I think I understand that you let the rest of the bottom buds fatten up a bit more? Assuming that you harvested the first bit when your trichomes are where you wanted them to be (50/50?) - then are the rest of the ones on the plant not still progressing? Do you care about that? Or do the benefits outweigh the "ideal" trichome ratio?

Hey Dutch, not quite sure if I completely understand what your asking here but I'll try my best to explain...

Upon reading I discovered that some strains mature from top to bottom, some bottom to top and some evenly, meaning that the trichomes on the sugar leafs turn amber... now with my blue dragon's for instance, the cola's sugar leafs a few weeks ago were 1/2 amber when I pulled them, but the lower buds were still very clear... meaning that if my common sense is correct, the lower buds didn't mature full yet and there time was still a week or two away. This seemed to work out nicely because now, about 2 weeks later, the lower buds also had become about 1/2 amber and seemed that the red/amber hairs had retracted, the buds hardened and fattened as the cola's did weeks earlier.....so my assumption is that this strain matured from top to bottom so to get similar effects with my 1st harvest of the cola's and the 2nd harvest of the lower small's, the wait was necessary.... Part of my concern is overall weight/yeild, but not a main one...I would rather get a stronger, better tasting, cleaner high with a lower yield, than a sub-par high/taste/quality with a high yeild..because usually I only smoke the best I can find...yes cali has turned me somewhat into a weed snob....lol....

I hope that this answered your question.... overall my indicator is the trichomes, when there 1/2 amber, i pull and dry.... thanks again dutch for you comments, support and positive vibes yo!!

Hey Dutch, not quite sure if I completely understand what your asking here but I'll try my best to explain...

Upon reading I discovered that some strains mature from top to bottom, some bottom to top and some evenly, meaning that the trichomes on the sugar leafs turn amber... now with my blue dragon's for instance, the cola's sugar leafs a few weeks ago were 1/2 amber when I pulled them, but the lower buds were still very clear... meaning that if my common sense is correct, the lower buds didn't mature full yet and there time was still a week or two away. This seemed to work out nicely because now, about 2 weeks later, the lower buds also had become about 1/2 amber and seemed that the red/amber hairs had retracted, the buds hardened and fattened as the cola's did weeks earlier.....so my assumption is that this strain matured from top to bottom so to get similar effects with my 1st harvest of the cola's and the 2nd harvest of the lower small's, the wait was necessary.... Part of my concern is overall weight/yeild, but not a main one...I would rather get a stronger, better tasting, cleaner high with a lower yield, than a sub-par high/taste/quality with a high yeild..because usually I only smoke the best I can find...yes cali has turned me somewhat into a weed snob....lol....

I hope that this answered your question.... overall my indicator is the trichomes, when there 1/2 amber, i pull and dry.... thanks again dutch for you comments, support and positive vibes yo!!

Congratz again on a near perfect first grow. That blue dragon sounds amazing and will have to be on my list soon. I really hope that I can only come close to your results.

You answered my question perfectly, and it might be something that I have to look into as well. I got myself a little USB microscope, and would probably have been better off not to :) I am confusing the heck out of myself since I found a sugar leaf with about 10% amber on day 38 of flower (today, pics in top link of sig). What to do, what to do. . .

Ahhhh...finally I was able to upload some current photo's, my old skool computer kept crashing on me...lol....

Here are some photo's of the drying and curing university hill's og and blue dragon, along with photo's of the newly cut blue dragon, normal and seeded, as well as the newly cut university hill's og... enjoy....

the next 3 photo's are of the dryed out but not yet cured university hill's og's
DSC02460.JPG

DSC024611.JPG

DSC02462.JPG

Tent before final chop of blue dragon's and front left university hill's og
DSC024631.JPG

secondary bud's on university hill's og, already harvested cola's
DSC024641.JPG

close up of one of the University Hill's og's secondary buds, cola's already harvested
DSC024651.JPG

Another shot of the blue dragon secondary buds
DSC024661.JPG

A nice close up of my Chem band supercropped cola
DSC024672.JPG

newly harvested and drying university hill's og, (front left in tent) as well as both remaining blue dragon's... seeded/hermied blue dragon top rows, notice the purple buds vs the green airy ones...weird hugh... 2nd row is university hill's og, and 3rd row is normal blue dragon....envelope is the casulty buds from trimming...lol
DSC024682.JPG

DSC024691.JPG

DSC024703.JPG

My 1st batch of University hill's og curing...approx 90g.
DSC024722.JPG

DSC024732.JPG

Here is a close up of the seeded/hermied blue dragon bud drying, notice the airy appearance and lil white seed formations...damn..what a loss.. looks like I will be making edibles... :)
DSC024741.JPG

Another close up of the normal blue dragon vs the weird hermied/seeded one drying...same plant they were pulled from????
DSC024752.JPG

My dried and cured for 1 week blue dragon...so smooth, so uppity, so berrylicious!!!
DSC024761.JPG

Close up of the dried and cured blue dragon bud
DSC02478.JPG

Another close up of the blue dragon dried and cured
DSC024791.JPG

Close up of my dried and curing university hill's og buds
DSC024801.JPG

Another shot of the University hill's og buds..
DSC02481.JPG

UVH OG close up
DSC024821.JPG

Drying rack shot
DSC024841.JPG

My chem band plants which are just entering there 48hr darkness and ready for harvest....mmmm looks good!!
DSC024862.JPG

Amazing harvest. Are you going with the same setup or trying something new for your next grow? I got the ScrOG going and hope to have success similar to yours, though I'm using 180w x 2 LED and you got about 1000w hps going will see how they turn out. Might put in the 600w at the last few weeks to spice things up. Glad to see you enter the nugs in this month contest, they look very tasty. Good luck! Can't wait to see your new journal.

Back
Top Bottom