3rd Grow: 1st Journal 2020: Indoor GR & Soil

They are getting some weight on top, will be harder to move around, They have pot holders on wheels, I have been thinking about these for myself. When do you think the outdoor plant will start its flowerering stage. Cheers

They are getting some weight on top, will be harder to move around, They have pot holders on wheels, I have been thinking about these for myself. When do you think the outdoor plant will start its flowerering stage. Cheers
I took them out yesterday to feed . They were fairly light coming out but after about 10 cups of water , not so much. I am definitely risking breaking off a prize so I am looking at options.
Your suggestion of a water wand just might be the ticket ?
We have about 11 3/4 hrs of light outside now and less every day.
I read soon after daylight is less than dark , preflower starts.
I am seeing some white strands start so maybe very soon ?
My first grow last year was outside and by early August I had good pistils.
Harvested early Oct.

I’ve got pistils showing on the outside plant.
Not on all the bud sites but quite a few.
So is it to late to take some cuttings from her ??
Never done this before so can you guys hook me up w/ a good link for this process please ?
You can still take cuttings, just add about 3 days to the process of getting roots to develop as you switch her back into veg mode by setting the lighting to 18/6 or better.

Easiest clones ive ever done, Take the cutting, cut at a 45 angle on a node, dip in cloning agent, and put in a Rapid rooter plugs. I use a ice tray to keep them in and make sure they stay wet in the tray. You can put a cover over them if you have a dome for best results. Roots in no time!

Thanks Em. Read your tutorial on cuttings. I need an aquarium pump .
No you dont. Cut below a node. Remove the branches and fans at rhe node you bury and scrape the sides. Dust with root hormone or cinnamon and stick in moist dirt. Make a pop bottle humidity dome or use nursery dome. To trap humidity while the plant is gaining root. In a week or two when you can remove th3 dome without the clone wilting it has root.

100% success with all species of plant doing this. You dont need a fancy cloner and pumps to cut and root clones

No you dont. Cut below a node. Remove the branches and fans at rhe node you bury and scrape the sides. Dust with root hormone or cinnamon and stick in moist dirt. Make a pop bottle humidity dome or use nursery dome. To trap humidity while the plant is gaining root. In a week or two when you can remove th3 dome without the clone wilting it has root.

100% success with all species of plant doing this. You dont need a fancy cloner and pumps to cut and root clones
Cinnamon spice ? What kind of light schedule ? Air temps ? RH ?

Cinnamon spice ? What kind of light schedule ? Air temps ? RH ?

18/6 for me. Air temps dont matter that much, 78 degrees, and 60-70 RH works best for me. Just normal seed starting requirements. If you have a dome like I do, it will hit 90 or so RH sometimes. Like he said, you will get 100% success rate, dont really have to worry to much about them. I just throw them in there and forget about them.

100% success with all species of plant doing this.

Thanks

18/6 for me. Air temps dont matter that much, 78 degrees, and 60-70 RH works best for me. Just normal seed starting requirements. If you have a dome like I do, it will hit 90 or so RH sometimes. Like he said, you will get 100% success rate, dont really have to worry to much about them. I just throw them in there and forget about them.
OK. I am going to try this . I will need to find the ointment today for the cut.

Day #36
I have been using @Emilya watering system now for 3 wet/dry cycles.
Including FoxFarm Week 4 Soil program.
I did not add any nutrients for the first 14 days.

I am following this method as well. except I am using 3ga pots. Looks great Ill be reading as I prep my first grow.

If your stems are a little stiff, you may want to lightly scrape the surface from the cut end up about 1/2" to remove the woody "bark" and expose the cambium layer. Took ours without any rooting gel/powder and just used clonex solution with rockwool cubes and got 100% success on all 4 cuttings. They will reveg for sure and probably look a little ugly at first but should clone just fine :thumb:

I am following this method as well. except I am using 3ga pots. Looks great Ill be reading as I prep my first grow.
It takes some time , but the results appear to work well.
My final pots are 5 gal ( working well so far , week 5 of flower ) but it appears most growers here are using 7 gal or larger for final pots . You might want to get some opinions on pot size ? Not from me . LOL.

If your stems are a little stiff, you may want to lightly scrape the surface from the cut end up about 1/2" to remove the woody "bark" and expose the cambium layer. Took ours without any rooting gel/powder and just used clonex solution with rockwool cubes and got 100% success on all 4 cuttings. They will reveg for sure and probably look a little ugly at first but should clone just fine :thumb:
Thanks Michael. Headed out now to get a few supplies.

It takes some time , but the results appear to work well.
My final pots are 5 gal ( working well so far , week 5 of flower ) but it appears most growers here are using 7 gal or larger for final pots . You might want to get some opinions on pot size ? Not from me . LOL.

I agree, 5 ga seems to be the average... but due to my size constraints I must use 3ga. I verified with @Emilya, and got her opinion so I am going to swing for the fences. I figured it would be time consuming but hell... I got nothing but time. I am about a week out from getting everything started... just making final touches on the set up. I will post as I go and look forward to everyone's comments and suggestions.

Back
Top Bottom