3rd Grow: 1st Journal 2020: Indoor GR & Soil

The space is working well for 6 plants.
During stretch I let them go vertical .
Glad they stopped where they did though cause my lights are as high as they could go.
I have about 18” left.
20D6263F-6B72-4577-85C1-1D455D6825ED.jpeg

When I do the Gorilla Glue Auto’s , I will only do 4.

Late Week # 5 Flower.
Our outside temps have been in the high 90’s w/ high humidity for over a week and my garage temps have been high as well.
The grow room ( which is in the garage ) has gone up to as high as 84* late in the afternoon so I have kept the RH in the low 60’s . The girls have definitely been stressed.
My AC unit could not overcome the heat w/ the garage so warm.
I’ve known for a couple weeks what to do but had to get a design and the materials .
Today I installed a larger exhaust fan , ducted to the outside ( I was ducted into the garage w/ the garage door open a bit ). The AC exhaust was 25’ Long 6” flexable round duct vented outside under the open garage door. I hooked it straight up ( 6’ long now ) to the exhaust fan and straight out the exterior wall. Now the garage door stays closed.
I started early this morning right after lights came on and was cleaned up by noon.
The new system made all the difference. The garage high late this afternoon was 82*( I eliminated all the heat produced by AC exhaust and lights ) and the grow room high was 78*. Outside temps got up to 99*. I bet lights out will be approx 70*, but will confirm in the morning. I also brought the RH down to 50%.
I moved the girls ( 6 plants , 3 varieties ) outside in the shade first thing for some fresh air and a good follier spray and a full water and then moved them back to garage with a circulating fan while I completed the work. This evening , the girls are happy.
The White Widow / Afghan Kush plants are probably 2 to 3 weeks away. Maybe 4?
Pistils are turning , trichs are sticky and frosty and buds are developing nicely.
I will post pictures tomorrow.
Have a great Grow week folks. ✌️

I agree with @HunterNitro, I just cut on a 45, dip in rooting hormone, into jiffy pellets under a dome and done
A buddy and I made the cuttings over the weekend .
As you guys said , pretty easy.
They are for him as I have no room right now. Thanks again for the advise.

Attachments

• D55C4A26-7A4D-4D9D-93CC-B557079B7931.jpeg
    D55C4A26-7A4D-4D9D-93CC-B557079B7931.jpeg
    921.5 KB · Views: 50
The space is working well for 6 plants.
During stretch I let them go vertical .
Glad they stopped where they did though cause my lights are as high as they could go.
I have about 18” left.
20D6263F-6B72-4577-85C1-1D455D6825ED.jpeg

When I do the Gorilla Glue Auto’s , I will only do 4.

Beautiful! That filled in so nicely! How are you liking that newest LED you purchased? Looks like its doing good!

Cuttings look nice and lush :thumb:

Feelin your pain about the heat outside. It's supposed to be 96*f here today with about 75% humidity. Glad to hear you got the venting figured out and could get the temps down in your room.
The grow room temps finally got down to 71 * last night with lights out.
Big improvement.
All the gurls were praying to the lights this morning. They are happy now.

@Growdad420, I’m in 7g this run, Ive run 5’s and 3’s aswell. 3’s will definitely need to be watered more frequently and more attention will be needed IMO. Shorter Veg time will be your friend. Don’t forget to tag us when you fire up the journal.
Thanks I appreciated. Just testing all the equipment before my seeds arrive and I have a heat issue I am trying to resolve.

Anniversary Day .
13 weeks ago today , on 4/21 ( planned for 4/20 but damn seeds were not quite ready ) , I potted 9 feminized seeds ordered from Canada. 7 grew.
My 68th Birthday is Aug 12th. That will be 16 weeks. 9 weeks of flower.
My goal is to smoke my first bowl from this grow on that day.

Right now the Afghan Kush / White Widow is my best bet.

Yea just try and time it right! Thats why I built two rooms which went to three lol... I had one for flower and one for veg which quickly turned into two flower rooms so I had to build a veg room :laughtwo: :laughtwo: :laughtwo: . It gets addictive. So fun and such a cool hobby that really benefits and provides medicine.
We need to revisit this conversation soon HN.
Starting 6 weeks of flower ( started time after pistils were prominent ) and I would like to get my auto Gorilla Glue started. But not to soon. If I wait till week 8 , what do you think ?
All 3 varieties I am growing are 8 to 10 weeks , supposedly.
I guess just wait till 8 weeks and make the call ?

Thanks brother. I didn’t realize ph was not a concern with soil grow.
Is that true ? I had some leaf issues early in my second grow and started adjusting ph and the issue went away. Someone on this site recommended I do that.
I will definitely check out your journal.

Well i no from using all kinds of different types of soil tht yes u do need 2 worry about ph unless ur doing a living organic soil grow then u dnt gotta worry as much but since ur using synthetic nutes i would definitely make sure u get the ph right. I normally set mine to 6.3 but i use promix hp for a soil and using megacrop for a nutrient. but yea ill have 2 catch up on the journal but so far things r lookn gud nice job man. An do u have the inside girls in a tent or sumthing to block the light out when u go to flip them 2 flower. Once u flip them 2 flower they need complete darkness for 12 hours a day otherwise ur guna get hermies again. Nuthn worse then having months of ur time go to waste wen a dam male sneaks up gets ur girls all prego or a dam hermie pops up n fuks em all up lol.

Anniversary Day .
13 weeks ago today , on 4/21 ( planned for 4/20 but damn seeds were not quite ready ) , I potted 9 feminized seeds ordered from Canada. 7 grew.
My 68th Birthday is Aug 12th. That will be 16 weeks. 9 weeks of flower.
My goal is to smoke my first bowl from this grow on that day.

Right now the Afghan Kush / White Widow is my best bet.
this is so interesting reading this journal, iv learned a ton of useful information from it.

Yea week 8 sounds good. Do you have the space for another room/tent? Really depends on what you are wanting to do! If you have the space and want to get another light, its never to early or late! =) Im running into an issue as well, have 3 soil girls but can only flower 2 in this other space of mine. Hmmmmm

Well i no from using all kinds of different types of soil tht yes u do need 2 worry about ph unless ur doing a living organic soil grow then u dnt gotta worry as much but since ur using synthetic nutes i would definitely make sure u get the ph right. I normally set mine to 6.3 but i use promix hp for a soil and using megacrop for a nutrient. but yea ill have 2 catch up on the journal but so far things r lookn gud nice job man. An do u have the inside girls in a tent or sumthing to block the light out when u go to flip them 2 flower. Once u flip them 2 flower they need complete darkness for 12 hours a day otherwise ur guna get hermies again. Nuthn worse then having months of ur time go to waste wen a dam male sneaks up gets ur girls all prego or a dam hermie pops up n fuks em all up lol.
Hey Blazin. Yep all is cool brother. We on the same page about PH and lights.
Thank you for the comments.
✌️

Back
Top Bottom