Michael Hunt's First Bubble Grow

Here we gooo. . .

PowerKush Harvest.
H1_010.jpg

H1_022.jpg

And now the Final Closet pic.
H1_016.jpg

:Rasta:

:yummy:Just awsome. I love these picts. Well deserved Mike. You stuck through the ups and downs of growin. Thats a big accomplishment in itself. Your cherry has officially been (((POPPED))) :yahoo: Now along with everyone else, we can't wait for an official smoke and weight report. :goodjob::bravo: :thumb: :thumb: :bravo::goodjob:

Awsome yield man! NIce big bushes. I'm wondering what the total weight will be. Hmmm. So, at this point which was your favorite?

Thanks man! I cant pick favorites, each of them has something nice about it. I do have to say when it comes to potency i believe SAGE is going to take the cake.

:yummy:Just awsome. I love these picts. Well deserved Mike. You stuck through the ups and downs of growin. Thats a big accomplishment in itself. Your cherry has officially been (((POPPED))) :yahoo: Now along with everyone else, we can't wait for an official smoke and weight report. :goodjob::bravo: :thumb: :thumb: :bravo::goodjob:

HAHAHAHA!!!! thanks man i really appreciate all the help. I cant wait either :yahoo:

On a side note, PK seems to be getting a little crispy, is this normal for just 2 days of hanging? it almost seems like its drying out too fast :reading420magazine:

:bravo:congrats mike on a nice harvest :roorrip: peace

Thanks smokedabong!!! its finally here!

Dude!!!!! It's soo Glorious words can't describe it bro!

I am truly excited for you. You must have at least a pound when fully dried bro! Congrats once again. You did extremely well on the grow and must be very proud if your accomplishments!!

Yeah man i finally did it! after a few plants i finally get 2 that produce something for me :rollit: Thanks for being along for the ride!!

lol last picture to the far right in the closet...is that chuck norris? lol

SG

Hahaha, i only wish. If i had a full door sized poster of chuck you better believe he woulda been in every picture on this journal. Round-house kicking buds in the background!!

That's a young Albert Einstein dude, but I bet he was pretty tough back then :biglaugh:

Yeah man you nailed it. I've had this poster ever since i can remember. It must be 30 years old at least.

Heres a few more pictures of some work in progress :grinjoint:

PK_mom.jpg

PowerKush Mom. She's been topped a handful of times, i think 7-8.

Sage_mom.jpg

SAGE mom, She was topped once, i am going to top the side branches in a few days to get the same effect as PK.

Sour_Diesel_mom1.jpg

Sour Diesel mom, She was also topped once and is about to recieve some more cutting.

All 3 of these moms have been fed Humboldt Grow Natural. I'm a big fan of their soil products. A friend of mine uses it on his soil sensi star plants and they look incredible. also know of another person that has started using a few humboldt products with great results. I have the full line from my first soil grow so i figured i would use them for the young moms.

Vortex11.jpg

Just a little neck showing

Vortex21.jpg

And a baby sprout, these 2 are Vortex from TGA Subcool Seeds. They both popped over night when i set them in ontop of AK's bucket (it gets very warm in the cabinet for AK when the lights are on) These 2 will have clones taken from them and flowered out so that i can determine if either of them are female. If so, it will be mothered so that i can have a mom or 2 from seed and not just clone moms.

AK_Clones.jpg

And heres my 2 AK clones a few weeks into flowering. Very delayed since they were under Powerkush and Sage's canopy their whole life. Theyre now in a cabinet flowering under 4 2' flouros. i think theyre T-5's and they put off the yellow light. this was a quick setup i threw together after all of the chopping and trimming was done.

Well enjoy everybody and have a great day!!! Thanks for all the support!

:thumb:Dude your buds look incredible, I wanna see those colas again!!! lol.

I dont know what the deal is with my flowers man, im looking around threads and everyone else green look so much different than my progress. Who knows, i do envy your plants brother!:grinjoint:

Haha thanks man, i'll have some more photos up after the weekend. Theyre going into jars tonight so i will have final weights and more pics soon :grinjoint:

Looks great Mike, hoping to make a pineapple chunk mother on the next grow here shortly :)

SG

Woo woo pinapple chunk, If that tastes as delicious as it sounds it should be a winner for sure. Now when are they going to legalize these beautiful plants, we could start trading clones and seeds here. Mixing up our varieties. A buiddy claims he could Overnight me some GDP clones from Cali but thats a LOOOONG flight for a clone and i just dont know how i would feel about having something like that shipped to me.

Haha thanks man, i'll have some more photos up after the weekend. Theyre going into jars tonight so i will have final weights and more pics soon :grinjoint:

Woo woo pinapple chunk, If that tastes as delicious as it sounds it should be a winner for sure. Now when are they going to legalize these beautiful plants, we could start trading clones and seeds here. Mixing up our varieties. A buiddy claims he could Overnight me some GDP clones from Cali but thats a LOOOONG flight for a clone and i just dont know how i would feel about having something like that shipped to me.

Friend does it all the time, jus buys them they ship em. Kinda crazy.

And any news on that final weight?

SG

:sorry: I didnt get back quicker on the question. I hope all is well with the finished product. but for future reference YOu'll know your buds are perfectly crisp once you hear that (((snap))) once you go to bend a branch. and buds can take anywhere from 4-7 days to finish. Thats depending on how high or low your RH is. Desert or less populated areas tend to dry faster, due to heat and humidity issues if the drying enviorment isn't controlled..Anyways, its nice to see you got somee new babies going. Again my apologies about the late response.

Friend does it all the time, jus buys them they ship em. Kinda crazy.

And any news on that final weight?

SG

Yeah thats just too risky for me, your friend bust have balls of steel!
Today's the day!

:sorry: I didnt get back quicker on the question. I hope all is well with the finished product. but for future reference YOu'll know your buds are perfectly crisp once you hear that (((snap))) once you go to bend a branch. and buds can take anywhere from 4-7 days to finish. Thats depending on how high or low your RH is. Desert or less populated areas tend to dry faster, due to heat and humidity issues if the drying enviorment isn't controlled..Anyways, its nice to see you got somee new babies going. Again my apologies about the late response.

Its all good man, I had to start new babies after this drying flop. . the buds were crispy dry and the stems were still very green and wet. I couldnt let them hang and dry any longer so they went into jars friday. If i had let them stay hanging i would have ruined it way more than i already have. . The smell and taste just arent right, at all. I mean it doesnt taste BAD but definitely not like they're supposed to. a little harsh and green. Hopefully curing will undo some of my errors but i feel its a little too late now.

Well guys and gals i got a final weight. If it wasnt for me ruining the drying process im sure the weights would have been a little higher but Powerkush is totally crispy dry inside and out. Not a bit of stickyness, she smells good when u break it up but still taste's green/harsh and if you didnt break the bud up it would smell like grass. SAGE is a little better since her buds are much more dense but still the same senario, crispy dry, a little more stickyness than PK but not as much as i would have thought, and no herb smell until you break it up. the smoke is a little less harsh and green but its still VERY apparent. Sorry for bitching everybody i just cant help but let it get me down everytime i talk or even think about this. .

--PowerKush 198.5g--
HARVEST_BOON_016.jpg

HARVEST_BOON_020.jpg

HARVEST_BOON_021.jpg

S.A.G.E. 217.5g
HARVEST_BOON_014.jpg

HARVEST_BOON_017.jpg

HARVEST_BOON_019.jpg

And one of ALL the jars together.
HARVEST_BOON_005.jpg

On the up side of things i do have a ton of buds now. enough to last me a friggin year.

Heres a few of the moms, made some babies last night as well. 13 new cuttings from all 3. and the 2 vortex sprouts are going into dirt today.

Before taking cuttings

Sour diesel
HARVEST_BOON_006.jpg

HARVEST_BOON_007.jpg

S.A.G.E.
HARVEST_BOON_010.jpg

HARVEST_BOON_011.jpg

PowerKush
HARVEST_BOON_008.jpg

HARVEST_BOON_009.jpg

Fresh cuttings, 5 Sour diesel, 4 S.A.G.E., 4 PowerKush
HARVEST_BOON_012.jpg

Moms after cuttings

SD
HARVEST_BOON_002.jpg

PowerKush
HARVEST_BOON_003.jpg

S.A.G.E.
HARVEST_BOON_004.jpg

Vortex Sprouts
HARVEST_BOON_013.jpg

And one more of the new mom/clone cabinet. I converted the old cabinet to flourescents and hung then on a 2x4 so that i could hang the lights on chains. mounted exhaust and intake. Temps are roughly 81* constant RH is about 52%
HARVEST_BOON_001.jpg

Enjoy guys and girls, If anybody has any advice or encouragement about the dry crispy boons i would love to hear it since this is REALLY getting me down. All this work for some harsh "green" smoke . . . it is just my luck to get this far and F**k something up as important as that. Hopefully next time i wont make the same mistake, whenever i get a chance to start up another flowering crop. Right now i am just taking clones so that i dont have to throw away tops and to keep the moms small. hopefully i can find good homes for them. I'm moving in the next few months and want to keep the amount/size of plants being moved as small as possible. then its time for dual tents and perpetual harvest :smokin:

Dude, I am curious as to what you think you did wrong? I can't find a post that mentions a drying mistake, sorry if I missed it. Based on everything I've read it looks like you did fine.

If you are referring to the green taste the curing will help. Burp them jars every day for the next several weeks.

I didnt say too much about it. But i had a dehumidifier in the closet while they were hanging since i had bud rot issues i didnt want all those wet buds rotting on me. but the dehumidifier dried them out entirely too fast. Powerkush had crispy leaves after only 1 day of hanging. after 2 more days PK buds were TOTALLY dry, the stems were still very wet but the buds were bone dry and getting very crispy. Transfered everything to paper bags after 4 days hanging (very very dry at this point, but some stems were still wet) and they sat in those for a few days until the jars. I am now burping the jars every day but having to turn them and dump some out im discovering how dry they really are. After a week of burping and turning buds i wouldnt be suprised if i have 5G of shake in the bottom of every jar. After reading that hanging should take 1-2 weeks i realized it must have been the dehumidifier. and i also read that once they have tried too fast, no amount of curing in the world will get rid of the "green" smell and taste. It just completely took the wind out of my sails

Back
Top Bottom