Michael Hunt's First Bubble Grow Power Kush, S.A.G.E. 400W HPS & CFL Bagseed LST Grow

Re: Mike Hunt's First bubble grow Powerkush, S.A.G.E. 400W HPS & CFL bagseed LST grow

Well i took a single bonmg rip the night i chopped the rotten bud and it tasted very orangy, but it wa sfresh off the plant and very "green" tasting as well. its been in the box 2 days roughly so those small pieces should be ready tonight. smells very citrus like with a skunky musk lingering in the background. Keep in mind these have not been flushed and have yet to fully dry or even begin to cure so i can imagine they're going to get better. After looking at the bud size on these monsters, i dont think i will be able to use the cabinet for hanging. The buds are just too long and heavy so i will be harvesting both on the same day and using the same closet to dry. After switching out the light for a can-filter of course.

Re: Mike Hunt's First bubble grow Powerkush, S.A.G.E. 400W HPS & CFL bagseed LST grow

HARVEST HARVEST HARVEST

Saturday night Day 56 Pics and all to come. Took roughly 15 hours of trimming and manicuring/hanging. didnt finish until about 6pm sunday and From the looks of it my buddy was right, there has to be at least 2 lbs of bud hanging in the closet. Wet weight. . . who knows, my scale doesn't read that high and there is just SO MUCH BUD i wouldnt know where to start weighing it all. I am simply BLOWN by how many buds there really are. There are HUGE colas, base ball size buds, golfball sized buds and popcorn. Not to mention 2 paper grocery bags full of trim, SAGE scissor hash, Powerkush Scissor hash, and the drying box is totally filled with loose buds. i just cannot believe my eyes. . . .

Here we gooo. . .

PowerKush Harvest. She took the longest for sure. and the smell, oh the smell. It was absolutely intoxicating :smokin:

H1_006.jpg

H1_007.jpg

H1_008.jpg

H1_009.jpg

H1_010.jpg

H1_011.jpg

H1_012.jpg

H1_014.jpg

Roots lookin pretty nasty after sitting in the water for hours while iw as chopping. This root mass was huge
H1_013.jpg

H1_015.jpg

H1_017.jpg

H1_018.jpg

H1_019.jpg

Thats it for PowerKush. The sweet yet pungent orange skunk scent is simply amazing.

Now on to the SAGE. These buds had a spicey scent to them while i chopped. The colas themselves, when squeezed release a very sweet smell. Not quite as sticky as PowerKush but much MUCH more dense. i cannot believe how heavy some of these buds were.
H1_001.jpg

H1_002.jpg

H1_003.jpg

H1_004.jpg

H1_005.jpg

H1_0241.jpg

H1_025.jpg

H1_026.jpg

H1_020.jpg

H1_021.jpg

H1_022.jpg

H1_023.jpg

And now the Final Closet pic.
H1_016.jpg

Drying temps are around 83-85 and RH is 35% with a dehumidifier running on the ground in the closet. i have also set up fans to circulate air and a carbon filter will be hooked up to the existing exhaust vent sometime this week.

Thank you everybody again who was here watching/helping. I couldnt have done it without ALL of you!!! :Rasta:

Oh that definitely looks good! Congratulations Mike on your harvest. 2 lb is not a bad harvest at all, good job buddy! :peacetwo:

excellent....absolutely gorgeous buds....yeahhhhh...i'm soooo happy for you...congrats....beautiful job....lavendar:cheer::cheer::yahoo:

excellent....absolutely gorgeous buds....yeahhhhh...i'm soooo happy for you...congrats....beautiful job....lavendar:cheer::cheer::yahoo:

Thanks Lavender, I cant wait for the Cure to begin!!

Oh that definitely looks good! Congratulations Mike on your harvest. 2 lb is not a bad harvest at all, good job buddy! :peacetwo:

From 2 plants hells no haha. Thanks man, glad you were along for the ride!

Heres a few more pictures of some work in progress :grinjoint:

PK_mom.jpg

PowerKush Mom. She's been topped a handful of times, i think 7-8.

Sage_mom.jpg

SAGE mom, She was topped once, i am going to top the side branches in a few days to get the same effect as PK.

Sour_Diesel_mom1.jpg

Sour Diesel mom, She was also topped once and is about to recieve some more cutting.

All 3 of these moms have been fed Humboldt Grow Natural. I'm a big fan of their soil products. A friend of mine uses it on his soil sensi star plants and they look incredible. also know of another person that has started using a few humboldt products with great results. I have the full line from my first soil grow so i figured i would use them for the young moms.

Vortex11.jpg

Just a little neck showing

Vortex21.jpg

And a baby sprout, these 2 are Vortex from TGA Subcool Seeds. They both popped over night when i set them in ontop of AK's bucket (it gets very warm in the cabinet for AK when the lights are on) These 2 will have clones taken from them and flowered out so that i can determine if either of them are female. If so, it will be mothered so that i can have a mom or 2 from seed and not just clone moms.

AK_Clones.jpg

And heres my 2 AK clones a few weeks into flowering. Very delayed since they were under Powerkush and Sage's canopy their whole life. Theyre now in a cabinet flowering under 4 2' flouros. i think theyre T-5's and they put off the yellow light. this was a quick setup i threw together after all of the chopping and trimming was done.

Well enjoy everybody and have a great day!!! Thanks for all the support!

Well guys and gals i got a final weight. If it wasnt for me ruining the drying process im sure the weights would have been a little higher but Powerkush is totally crispy dry inside and out. Not a bit of stickyness, she smells good when u break it up but still taste's green/harsh and if you didnt break the bud up it would smell like grass. SAGE is a little better since her buds are much more dense but still the same senario, crispy dry, a little more stickyness than PK but not as much as i would have thought, and no herb smell until you break it up. the smoke is a little less harsh and green but its still VERY apparent. Sorry for bitching everybody i just cant help but let it get me down everytime i talk or even think about this. .

--PowerKush 198.5g--
HARVEST_BOON_016.jpg

HARVEST_BOON_020.jpg

HARVEST_BOON_021.jpg

S.A.G.E. 217.5g
HARVEST_BOON_014.jpg

HARVEST_BOON_017.jpg

HARVEST_BOON_019.jpg

And one of ALL the jars together.
HARVEST_BOON_005.jpg

On the up side of things i do have a ton of buds now. enough to last me a friggin year.

Heres a few of the moms, made some babies last night as well. 13 new cuttings from all 3. and the 2 vortex sprouts are going into dirt today.

Before taking cuttings

Sour diesel
HARVEST_BOON_006.jpg

HARVEST_BOON_007.jpg

S.A.G.E.
HARVEST_BOON_010.jpg

HARVEST_BOON_011.jpg

PowerKush
HARVEST_BOON_008.jpg

HARVEST_BOON_009.jpg

Fresh cuttings, 5 Sour diesel, 4 S.A.G.E., 4 PowerKush
HARVEST_BOON_012.jpg

Moms after cuttings

SD
HARVEST_BOON_002.jpg

PowerKush
HARVEST_BOON_003.jpg

S.A.G.E.
HARVEST_BOON_004.jpg

Vortex Sprouts
HARVEST_BOON_013.jpg

And one more of the new mom/clone cabinet. I converted the old cabinet to flourescents and hung then on a 2x4 so that i could hang the lights on chains. mounted exhaust and intake. Temps are roughly 81* constant RH is about 52%
HARVEST_BOON_001.jpg

Enjoy guys and girls, If anybody has any advice or encouragement about the dry crispy boons i would love to hear it since this is REALLY getting me down. All this work for some harsh "green" smoke . . . it is just my luck to get this far and F**k something up as important as that. Hopefully next time i wont make the same mistake, whenever i get a chance to start up another flowering crop. Right now i am just taking clones so that i dont have to throw away tops and to keep the moms small. hopefully i can find good homes for them. I'm moving in the next few months and want to keep the amount/size of plants being moved as small as possible. then its time for dual tents and perpetual harvest :smokin:

Very nice journal I love it. what are the Dimensions of your grow area?

Mike don't trip. Take a peice of tortilla drop it in the jars. Oncethe moisture is restored. They bud will become moist again. Take the tortilla out. It will be hard as a rock. What happens is the flowers absorb all the moisture form the tortilla without comprimising taste or smell.

Keep the jars closed, then open the jars for about 15 minute. Then close them back up, do this procedure a few times a day. It'll bring the moisture from the inide out and give them a good cure as well. Once their at a moisture level you like. Open the jars less and less. It'll be all good. It takes time before the TRUE scent of cannabis is to it peak. just like wine. So patients grasshoppa role a blunt, a chill a be patient in all due time. Most of the time I try not to dip into the fresh harvest for at least 2 weeks. But that doesn't exactly work out all the time. :rofl: trust me the longer the cure the better. And i'm sure every person who's ever grown and cured their own harvest will agree.:ganjamon:

mike
its ok...youre doing great....yes, i know scarey....all that time and now...but its ok....its the mold you really need to watch for also....some people take a lettace leaf, or piece of frozen stem or a leaf, mj, and rehydrate....i also take all the buds out of the jars, dump on table and pick thru looking for mold, or anything else i dont want, then rejar...daily....the one time i forgot....i ended up with an 8in hunk of mold....very ugly....your harvest and everything looks great...great pics also....later, lavendar

Re: Mike Hunt's First Bubble Grow Powerkush, S.A.G.E. 400W HPS & CFL Bagseed LST Grow

Thanks for sharing your grow with us!

I’m moving this to completed journals now.

Have you started a new grow you would like to share with us?

If so, please start one here:
Journals in Progress

Hope all is well in your world.

Love and respect from all of us here at 420 Magazine!

Sending you lots of positive energy through the Universe.

Re: Mike Hunt's First Bubble Grow Power Kush, S.A.G.E. 400W HPS & CFL Bagseed LST Gro

Big thanks to everyone who helped me with this grow. I had to shut everything down for now until i can find a new place to live (living with parents now).

I'll be back soon enough with a new set-up, more plants, more lights, and different strains :cool:

Back
Top Bottom