Michael Hunt's First Bubble Grow

Michael Hunt

Well guys and girls the time has come to finally start my first bubble grow so here it is, Check out my first soil grow to see my setup. Sprouted one S.A.G.E. seed and one Power Kush seed about one week ago. I also have a sensi star cutting working on roots in my cloner and a clone from a bagseed a grew a few months back. Im using a 18gal roughneck bin, 1 deepwater air pump from my local pet store and 4 3" bubble discs also bought at the pet store. The 2 sprouts are in the 18Gal bin, and the sensi clone will be added to the bin once she shows roots. My bagseed clone is in FF soil and i also have a banana pepper plant in a 2Gal bubble bucket i made from HD. I love how the Deep Water Culture have their own section here now. Before you guys showed up there were only a few sources of information i could find about growing with bubbles here. Any ways here's a few pics, i would love to hear your comments and suggestions.

Bagseed clone, She loves her bondage
0204105.jpg

S.A.G.E. in the rear and PowerKush up front
0201105.jpg

Sensi star Clone 2 days young
0201106.jpg

My freakish banana pepper plant
0204104.jpg

First pepper
0204103.jpg

Her/his roots, They look real bad because i went away for a week over seas and while i was away it hit a growth spirt and drank most of the water in the bucket, (only about 1cm of water in the bottom when i returned.
0204101.jpg

The photos do no justice for how bushy and ridiculous this pepper plant has gotten in the past 2 weeks. Thank you to whoever made it possible for the Deep Water Culture to have our own section. :grinjoint: :grinjoint:

Great user name haha!

Looks like you have it under control. Maybe I should start a pepper plant or something similar in Deep Water Culture, that's cool. I could use something else tinker with.

Good luck on them youngsters, I'm watching this for sure.

Go for it man, they make great cover for your "other" plants incase somebody were to stumble across your room. Once i move and make a full room i plan on doing banana peppers, habinero's, bell peppers, chili's and a few fruits along with my wonderful MJ. Thanks for the kind words :thanks:

Update Day 15 for the seedlings
Not sure of the date for the clone
week 5 for the pepper monster

Changed the res last night for the young ones,
Ph: 5.2
PPM: 400
Res. Temp. 68.7
Cab temp. 79

Also fed the weird clone some Humboldt Natural Grow
Ph 7.5
PPM: 600
It seems to be doing well

Now time for some pics

S.A.G.E
0208108.jpg

S.A.G.E.
0208107.jpg

S.A.G.E. roots
0208109.jpg

PowerKush
0208105.jpg

PowerKush roots
0208101.jpg

The weird clone
02081010.jpg

Another shot of the weird clone, you can kinda see whats going on here,
0208106.jpg

Some shots of the pepper monster
0208103.jpg

0208102.jpg

0208104.jpg

I really cannot get a good picture to show how dense that pepper plant is. Its roughly 8" tall and i would guess it has maybe 100+ flower/pepper sites on it so far and shows no signs of slowing down.

As for my Sensi Star cutting, i have yet to see any roots. . Although it still looks lush and green there are no signs of roots at all. Not really sure what im doing wrong here. But other than that everything looks to be going smoothly, (knock on wood). Sorry this post was a little long i was :roorrip: this morning. Take care everybody

First time ive seen a gardener grow something besides our favorite plant here. A+ I currently have a bunch of seeds but have failed thus far in germinating them....

CK

Do you soak the seeds in Ph balanced water first?? I also soaked my rockwool in Ph'd water with a tiny bit of B1 mixed in for 30 min. before moving the seeds to the cubes. Not sure if adding the B1 helped or not but it worked for me.

Heres one more pic, a new shot of the monsters roots, they're starting to bounce back now from drying out, it needs water almost twice a day.
02081011.jpg

Looking good so far!! I noticed your PH is 5.2 and 7.5. It is best to keep PH in the 5.8-6.2 range for optimal nutrient uptake. I love the pepper plant by the way! I want to grow some vegetables too!

Theanswer, Thanks for the heads up on the Ph, I adjusted it low in hopes that it will climb a little back up, since thats what it did in the past and the pepper bucket does the same. Going to check and adjust this afternoon. :Rasta:

wowtestdrive, Thanks for the kind words man, i really wish i could get you all a good pic to show how crazy dense this pepper monster/tree is. Maybe i should make a video. . .:surf:

Moonrock, That really made me laugh, i was thinking about the same thing the other day. Either way im not too worried about grams per watts of even bud. I dont plan on ever selling anything i grow :grinjoint:

Moonrock, That really made me laugh, i was thinking about the same thing the other day. Either way im not too worried about grams per watts of even bud. I dont plan on ever selling anything i grow :grinjoint:[/QUOTE]

So many growers are obsessed with getting yield yield yield. it's refreshing to see someone who just enjoys the growing enough to grow something worth what? $10 a pound? Good for you!

Update

Well the Ph settled around 5.8 on its own and has been steady there for 3 days now so im happy about that. Also tried my hand at a FIM on the powerkush. Let me know what you guys think.

Power Kush
0212101.jpg

Powerkush lower branches
0212102.jpg

Not the prettiest FIM but it should work
0212103.jpg

Powerkush's roots starting to form a ball
0212104.jpg

Sage growing slow but steady
0212105.jpg

Sage again
0212106.jpg

Sage's roots
0212107.jpg

And a few shots of the pepper monster

0209107.jpg

0209108.jpg

0209109.jpg

And a few of their home.

02091011.jpg

02091012.jpg

Thanks yarddog35 glad you like the pics :yummy:

The plants are doing great, i turned the lights back over from 18/6 to 24/0 and added a humidifier to the chamber to try and get my humidity up from 20%. It now sits at 45-50% humidity and since it is a "cool mist" ultrasonic humidifier it also brought my temps down alot. First trial with the humidifier running brought the cab temp down to 68-67 so i had to turn my fan down to low and now it wont go above 74. I would suggest one of these for anybody doing a smaller grow and having problems with hum. too low and temps too high, even sitting under the light if you put your hand over the humidifier the air and mist coming out is cold. I guess thats better than having problems being too hot. I'll post up some pictures later, the powerkush is really taking off and the sage is going very slow but steady. I dont think the sage likes the cooler temps all that much but only time will tell. I also had to move the pepper plant out of the big cabinet since it was reaching 20" wide and if i were to let it go in there i would take up the entire growspace. So that is now on a 12/12 cycle in the smaller cabinet with my weird mutant clone which started showing pistils over the weekend. Take care all and thanks for tuning in, now lets go :roorrip:

Great job dude, I liked your pepper plant so much (and the idea of having different kinds of plants to throw someone off should the stumble on something they shouldnt) that I loaded up my cloner with cilantro different kinds of bud forget me nots, all kinds of stuff. keep it up!

CK

Thats awesome man!! a buddy of mine started some cilantro, basil and a few other spices i cant remember a few weeks ago. Growing plants is the most amazing/rewarding hobby anybody could have whether its just vegies, spices or "SPICES" haha. Glad to hear from you ClarkKent

Back
Top Bottom