Michael Hunt's First Bubble Grow Power Kush, S.A.G.E. 400W HPS & CFL Bagseed LST Grow

Michael Hunt

Well i just realized I had started a journal over at the bubble section in the hydroponics sub catagory nut never made one here as well. Heres a link for the first 30 days or so of the grow.

Michael Hunt's First Bubble Grow

Hope everybody enjoys my grows. As you will see i like to post pics so i'll be back with an update and photos very soon. :bong:

Re: Michael Hunt's First Bubble Grow Power Kush, S.A.G.E. 400W HPS & CFL Bagseed LST

Update:

Ph 5.8-5.9
forgot to check PPM this morning
room temp 73
res temp 71
RH 40%

I added some Liquid karma 2 days ago after removing a gallon of res water and replacing it with fresh water + karma. And after checking the roots last night it looks like the karma has dyed my roots dark brown in some spots. Lots of new root growth, water does not smell and is not cloudy, no evidence on algea or root rot, no slime. Just dark brown?

My question, has anybody experienced this when using liquid karma? PK roots btw
022521.jpg

More of the PK
022541.jpg

022531.jpg

And the S.A.G.E. Very very unhappy with me. I think im going to make her a seperate bubble bucket this afternoon and let her sit in some fresh water for a day or two. Its obviously a very different plant
022511.jpg

And now for some sick leafs off of the PK. She's clearly doing much better and still booming with growth but the leaves turn spotted once they get big enough to be considered fans.
022551.jpg

022571.jpg

022561.jpg

Cal-Mag should be here today, pretty raw about that one since i paid an extra $50 to have it overnighted to me on tuesday and it didnt go out until wed. But it should be here today and i will have it mixed into the res ASAP. Still continuing with foliar feeding of epsom salts during the night cycle.

Re: Michael Hunt's First Bubble Grow Power Kush, S.A.G.E. 400W HPS & CFL Bagseed LST

After about 6 hours with the fresh nutes and calmag, liquid karma and hygrozyme added the Powerkush seems to be taking to it very well so far. Still not too sure whats going on with the sage but she has her own nutes mixed half the strength of the big tank.

PowerKush

Ph: 5.8-5.9
PPM: 1200
Res temp: 71.3
RH 30%
Temp 72

party_on_002.jpg

party_on_005.jpg

This is a side branch off of the main trunk, i am going to be taking clones off of the sides of these around the plant, 8 in total
party_on_006.jpg

S.A.G.E.

Ph: 5.9
PPM: 600
Res Temp: 72.1

party_on_004.jpg

party_on_008.jpg

Right in the crotch of the stem on the right there looks to be some growth with a single hair coming out of it. I noticed it today and want to wait a few days and see what happens but if anybody can see anything there that i am not speak up.

Famiry Foto
party_on_009.jpg

Update: Both my babies are doing very well. PK was transferred to a smaller 10 gallon bin which had the same lid as the last 18 gal. I decided to take a 6 cuttings from her tonight, as well as 2 from the S.A.G.E. I Soaked the Rockwool in ph'd water for 30min. let the stems soak in ph'd water; Split and scratched the ends; and dipped them in olivia's cloning gel. Here are a few pics of the cuttings, they are already starting to stand them selves up after being in their new home for a few hours. These were taken when they were first cut.

11011.jpeg

6 Powerkush cuttings :cheer:
11012.jpeg

2 S.A.G.E. cuttings :cheer:
11013.jpeg

They are in the upper shelf of my last cabinet under 4 2' T5's. Temps around 78-80. Please let me know if im doing anything wrong here since this is my First time cloning after i gave up on the very unhealthy sensi-star cutting a buddy gave me.

I also took some pictures of the strange lst bagseed clone. Unfortunately i found numerous baby ball sacks on her flowers. Soon after these were taken she was hacked down. I just cant risk pollinating My other 2 ladies with the 2 chambers so close to each other in the room. Pics :popcorn:

22012.jpeg

22013.jpeg

22014.jpeg

22015.jpeg

22016.jpeg

And the aftermath
33011.jpeg

33012.jpeg

33013.jpeg

33014.jpeg

33015.jpeg

Enjoy everybody!!

Re:Michael Hunt's First Bubble Grow Power Kush, S.A.G.E. 400W HPS & CFL Bagseed LST G

Well i took a ton of pictures tonight of everything. Hope you enjoy, ask any questions you may have about anything :thanks:

PK Roughly 16" tall and 24" wide
1222.jpeg

1231.jpeg

S.A.G.E. Canopy and underside.
1241.jpeg

1212.jpeg

PK canopy and underside. Its a mess in there
1251.jpeg

1261.jpeg

Pistils on the PK tops
128.jpeg

12111.jpeg

You can barely see the Pistils on S.A.G.E. looks like she will take her time flowering where the Powerkush is in a rush.
12121.jpeg

Some PK roots. Her lid is getting too heavy to hold up and take a picture by myself so this is the best i could do.
1213.jpeg

Group photo. My closet full of monsters :Rasta:
129.jpeg

1210.jpeg

Here's some of my setup. It seems like im always changing things around so i will update some setup pics along this journey as well.

Here's the reflector hanging from the metal rack in the closet.
1218.jpeg

A 6" Vortex powerfan draws all of the heat from the bulb and closet up into the attic and out of the house through here
1217.jpeg

I use this pump for my pepper tree and S.A.G.E. Each outlet is running 2 stones and there are 2 hoses per bucket
1214.jpeg

This pump is for PK's bin. It runs 2 large stones per outlet.
1220.jpeg

Picked up this awesome oscillating fan at the hardware store for $15 you can turn the top half seperate from the bottom but they oscillate as one.
1216.jpeg

Here is a thermometer i have hung 3" above the canopy underneath the light.
72* nice and stress free :rollit:
1219.jpeg

12211.jpeg

And a wireless thermometer i keep ground level and the receiver lives right next to my bed for easy monitoring at night when the lights are on.
1215.jpeg

And then the ballast. Currently set at 600W and will change it to 1000 after another week of 12/12
12221.jpeg

I cannot get enough of looking at this thing. It makes my 400 look so puny.

Now some pictures of the young clones. No roots yet but they still look good other than a little stem purpling.
1223.jpeg

S.A.G.E.
1224.jpeg

PowerKush
1225.jpeg

1227.jpeg

1226.jpeg

1228.jpeg

And last but not least the Fruits and Veggies :Rasta:
127.jpeg

Cantaloupe
1229.jpeg

12311.jpeg

Chili pepper
1232.jpeg

1233.jpeg

Watermelon
1234.jpeg

Bell Pepper
1230.jpeg

Habinero
1235.jpeg

One last shot of some Sensi Star i picked up from a buddy. The pictures do it no justice. a .5g bud can stink up and entire room very quickly without leaving the bag. I have a problem with this stuff stinking through the mason jars i keep it in.
1236.jpeg

My apparatus which needs to be cleaned very badly. It sees heavy use :bongrip:
1237.jpeg

Took me 1 hour to post all of those pictures, i sure hope they all went where they're supposed to. Take it easy everybody and thank you for stopping by.

:ganjamon:Awesome garden Bro!
I too grow alot of food for hobby and the dinner table using my cultivation techniques and supplies.
Last year I freaked out my supply house when I brought them lemons the size of softballs off a bush I had been feeding excess Fox Farm nutes.:yummy::Rasta::ganjamon:

Re: Mike Hunt's First bubble grow Powerkush, S.A.G.E. 400W HPS & CFL bagseed LST grow

Thanks man, softball size lemons, now that i have to see, any pics?? Its funny how you can over fertilize a veggie/fruit plant and it turns into a monster but if you over fertilize cannabis you burn all the leaves off. PPM's for the pepper plant must be 3000+ and everytime i add more nutes it gets bigger. My meter doesnt read above 2000 and i have never been able to get a PPM reading from the pepper res so 3000+ is just a guess.

Re: Mike Hunt's First bubble grow Powerkush, S.A.G.E. 400W HPS & CFL bagseed LST grow

Thanks man, softball size lemons, now that i have to see, any pics?? Its funny how you can over fertilize a veggie/fruit plant and it turns into a monster but if you over fertilize cannabis you burn all the leaves off. PPM's for the pepper plant must be 3000+ and everytime i add more nutes it gets bigger. My meter doesnt read above 2000 and i have never been able to get a PPM reading from the pepper res so 3000+ is just a guess.

That's funny!
I think the cannabis is a weed thing applies about the nute uptake. Most strains will grow in garbage dirt as long as it well draining where as veggies like rich fertile soil.
I like to grow colored bell peppers in GH waterfarms right out on the back deck during the summer. I use a local shops nute brand which is basically the same as GH base line up of grow,bloom, and micro. I dont bother with setting the ph or checking the ppm. I use twice the amount called for heavy feeding and I still dont burn the peppers. They just suck it all up and ask for more!

I think I might actually have some pics of the lemons last year. I'll have to browse my file folders to find it.:surf:

Thats awesome man, i did the same with the pepper tree. Too bad i had to chop her firday night. Let me know if u find those pics, i am now thinging of starting a bonsai, bubble lemon tree :ganjamon:

After moving everything around again, chopping the pepper tree, and wraping all of the exhaust ducting with insulation this is what im left with. I also aquired 2 new AK47 clones that are in a 5Gal bubble bucket going straight into 12/12. Not to mention a few others :ganjamon: On with the pictures!

The fat ladies
03_004.jpg

03_003.jpg

Power Kush - Dinafem seeds
Ph 5.9
PPM 1700
Res temp 67.2

04_010.jpg

04_012.jpg

S.A.G.E. - TH seeds
PH 6.0
PPM 1400
Res Temp 68.5

04_008.jpg

04_009.jpg

New AK47 babies, both had small roots showing when they were added to the bin, should be seeing roots out of the bottom any day now
04_013.jpg

PK and S.A.G.E. both had a slight trim lastnight and i took 6 more cuttings from PK and 8 from S.A.G.E. that were all on the underside and had no chance for any light.

Heres my tray of clones, I have no clue what im going to do with all of these but i couldnt just throw them away :smokin:
03_012.jpg

First batch of cuttings, 2 S.A.G.E. on the left and 6 PK on right
03_006.jpg

ANd i had a nice suprise saturday night after picking up the new clones, My FIRST ROOTS!!!:ganjamon::slide::slide:
03_007.jpg

03_008.jpg

Both are PK

Here's my 6 new PK cuttings, very stretched from not getting any light on the underside
03_009.jpg

After a recount i actually have 9 new S.A.G.E. cuttings 7 of which are being rooted in peat pellets since i ran out of rockwool and wanted to try the pellets anyways.
03_010.jpg

And i forgot to mention this new addition as well, Its a NYC diesel clone already rooted in soil. All of the new clones were traded for cuttings of mine so i couldnt turn down a FREE clone :yummy:
03_011.jpg

Heres a pic of the light with insulation wrapping the exhaust duct.
03_005.jpg

Gonna have to remove that shelf here real soon.

On to the Pepper Monster assasination :ganjamon:
04_004.jpg

04_003.jpg

04_002.jpg

04_005.jpg

04_006.jpg

Root mass starting to rot, The harvest came just in time. I know i could have recovered these roots but it was just a matter of space in the closet and well, I enjoy buds much MUCH more than peppers.
04_001.jpg

And for the final harvest, 37 peppers. Weighing in at 19oz. :cool:
04_007.jpg

Hope you guys/girls enjoy the pictures. Feel free to ask any questions you might have :peacetwo:

Im back everybody with a few pictures of my ladies. A HUGE Thanks goes out to my friend who took care of them for me while i was gone, I had to thank him here since i know he will be reading this later. They are now 4 weeks into flower :cheer:

Temps got a little high while i was away peaking at 86 and dipping as low at 52 but they are still looking very healthy and lush. I cannot believe how much they grew in 10 days. It blows my mind!!

PowerKush
a125.jpg

a76.jpg

a124.jpg

a68.jpg

a512.jpg

a413.jpg

a97.jpg

There are a ton of leaves like this on her
a171.jpg

A pile of fan leaves and tiny under developed bud sites from PK
a151.jpg

It appeares that tric's are starting to form on PK's stems as well as the leaves around the buds. Is it normal to see trics on stems??

S.A.G.E.
a132.jpg

a86.jpg

a104.jpg

a223.jpg

a316.jpg

a181.jpg

a191.jpg

And the famiry photos
a142.jpg

a161.jpg

There is a tiny bit of burn on both of them but that is exactly where i want the PPM's so that i know they are eating as much as possible. Hope everybody enjoys the pics :roorrip:

hey came across this journal, and its funny because I LOVE how you're growing veggies, too! The thought has often went through my head to try it... maybe I will after seeing how well its working for you ;)

Your plants are doing well... just gives me yet another reason to switch out from my 800W MH to 1000 HPS. As for trichs on the stems, its quite normal... especially when you have certain strains that are known for it. I've seen AK-47 plants with trichs over the main stalk before! Just save all the bs clippings for hash... thats what trichs on stems are great for :)

Awesome, i'll be saving all my trim for hash especially since trichs are coming on so strong already. Glad i could inspire another member to consider doing veggies along with their MJ. It can only help ones understanding of plants and how they do their thing, whether its MJ or not. I went from 400W hps to 1000W hps turned to "super lumens" and it made a HUGE difference

Flower Day 32

PowerKush
C5_012.jpg

C5_010.jpg

C5_007.jpg

C5_004.jpg

C5_005.jpg

C5_006.jpg

S.A.G.E.
C5_013.jpg

C5_009.jpg

C5_011.jpg

C5_008.jpg

C5_003.jpg

C5_002.jpg

C5_001.jpg

Both res' PH is at 6.0 and their temps were only off by .1
You can see a few Colas forming on both S.A.G.E. and PK. Some of the S.A.G.E. colas pictured are roughly 10" from base to tip haha. Hope you all enjoy

have some more photos for you all to view. I was away again for 3 days backpacking and came home to near empty res bins and fatter buds! They both have a slight smell but isnt very noticable until you shake a bud some or brush against either. The PowerKush has a more pungent odor for sure :slide:

Family Closet
1963.jpg

S.A.G.E.
2650.jpg

3546.jpg

6285.jpg

10140.jpg

4420.jpg

5329.jpg

15112.jpg

16106.jpg

PowerKush
7242.jpg

8207.jpg

9167.jpg

12167.jpg

13133.jpg

14120.jpg

17104.jpg

18102.jpg

Well there they are folks. 36 days flowering, i believe the Powerkush may have a little over 2 weeks left and S.A.G.E. still has roughly 3 weeks left to fatten up. Hope you enjoy the pictures

very nice grow man! Sick harvest on the peppers too. I want to grow some peppers someday soon.. How difficult are they to grow?

thanks crimson, i have grown chili peppers, habineros, bell peppers and the banana peppers. Bannana peppers being the only ones i grew in bubbles and i must say it was incredibly easy. I never once measures a drop of nutes for its res, never adjusted the PH and i can render a guess of about an average 3000+PPM range. The more i fed the thing the more it grew really. i grew one in soil and didnt have even close to the same outcome as i did with the bubbles. I say go for it man, if you have any more questions about them feel free to PM them to me.

Man this is a great journal, I am really glad I looked in. So many pictures! It's really great. This is the first time I have properly seen a non soil grow. I am sure to learn a lot following on with your journal.

Your plants look brilliant, growing really well. Definitely keep the flow of pictures, it is much appreciated! :goodjob: :roorrip: :peace:

Thanks Andy! Glad you like all the pictures. Makes me feel like im not wasting my time haha. Growing with bubbles is much easier for me than soil. I just cant seem to get the hang of soil. Well heres a few more pictures for you man. Hope you like them

A few night photos without the HPS messing them up. oh man theyre getting frosty :slide:

S.A.G.E.
z1_001.jpg

z1_002.jpg

z1_003.jpg

z1_006.jpg

PowerKush
z1_004.jpg

z1_005.jpg

z1_007.jpg

z1_008.jpg

Hope you all enjoy looking at these as much as i do!!

They are starting to bring out their true beauty now. I definitely like them pictures! A complete flurry of heads. :bravo:

Back
Top Bottom