Michael Hunt's First Bubble Grow

sorry to hear about the mold. I had a nice dense blueberry do the same thing a few years back. It's related to greymold and can usually be deturred by dropping the humidity a bit, but I have noticed that on extremely dense nugs they hold more moisture insid of them just waiting for spores to germinate in there. I wish I had more info, but other than dropping humidity or going with a mold resistant strain in the future I'm not too much help.

On the up side your garden is looking very very nice man!! I like the detail you put into building your space. alot of people just throw something together half-assed. not you. Looks like you smoked alot of nugs while in deep thought there! Keep up the good work man! and if you ever get bored come stop by my journal sometime too!

peace out and happy 420!!

Happy 420 Mike!

SG

Thanks SG, Hope you had a good one

sorry to hear about the mold. I had a nice dense blueberry do the same thing a few years back. It's related to greymold and can usually be deturred by dropping the humidity a bit, but I have noticed that on extremely dense nugs they hold more moisture insid of them just waiting for spores to germinate in there. I wish I had more info, but other than dropping humidity or going with a mold resistant strain in the future I'm not too much help.

On the up side your garden is looking very very nice man!! I like the detail you put into building your space. alot of people just throw something together half-assed. not you. Looks like you smoked alot of nugs while in deep thought there! Keep up the good work man! and if you ever get bored come stop by my journal sometime too!

peace out and happy 420!!

Im glad you like the garden man, been through a few different set-ups until i made it into this. And now i just want to go bigger :cool: I removed the moldy bud and am just crossing my fingers that i caught it early and it isnt spreading. added 2 more fans in there pointed at PK to help circulate air around her huge sticky buds. I'll try to make my way over there but ive been very busy recently so please dont take offense if i dont make it over there right away.

:yummy:HAppY 420:yummy:

Thanks Butcher!! Hope you had a great 420 like i did!!

Happy 420 Bro!!!

Lame ass about that mold brother. Id still smoke the sh@t out of it lol!!!!:grinjoint::grinjoint::grinjoint:

Thats what i thought until i split it open and saw how much it was really rotting, trust me you wouldn't smoke it. So i cleaned all of the rot off what i could salvage to get a little early smoke. Smells dank as hell so im excited.

Well everybody i started the flush last night, both SAGE and PK are ripening quick. Roughly 40% amber on each. Its almost like you dont have to look through a scope to see that SAGE has gone amber. 2 days of plain PH'd water, 2 days of flush solution, and 3 more days of plain water. Hopefully this will get all of the nutes out

Here's my mini drying box for the Salvaged PowerKush. You could throw this handful at the wall and it would stick! :slide:
4429.jpg

5338.jpg

2666.jpg

3563.jpg

1978.jpg

Well i took a single bonmg rip the night i chopped the rotten bud and it tasted very orangy, but it wa sfresh off the plant and very "green" tasting as well. its been in the box 2 days roughly so those small pieces should be ready tonight. smells very citrus like with a skunky musk lingering in the background. Keep in mind these have not been flushed and have yet to fully dry or even begin to cure so i can imagine they're going to get better. After looking at the bud size on these monsters, i dont think i will be able to use the cabinet for hanging. The buds are just too long and heavy so i will be harvesting both on the same day and using the same closet to dry. After switching out the light for a can-filter of course.

Well i took a single bonmg rip the night i chopped the rotten bud and it tasted very orangy, but it wa sfresh off the plant and very "green" tasting as well. its been in the box 2 days roughly so those small pieces should be ready tonight. smells very citrus like with a skunky musk lingering in the background. Keep in mind these have not been flushed and have yet to fully dry or even begin to cure so i can imagine they're going to get better. After looking at the bud size on these monsters, i dont think i will be able to use the cabinet for hanging. The buds are just too long and heavy so i will be harvesting both on the same day and using the same closet to dry. After switching out the light for a can-filter of course.

What a problem to have...lol

SG

:slide:Sound like some Fun!!!!!!:slide:

haha thanks man!

What a problem to have...lol

SG

I know right haha, i never thought i would see the day of having some of the size issues im dealing/dealt with.

So far so good on the Drying Powerkush. the smaller buds were smokable last night, so they got smoked. And the consensus is that she lives up to her name. POWERkush. Woo after :roorrip::roorrip::roorrip::roorrip: i sure was HIGH :smokin: (thats my test, 4 big bong hits, sitting down, then after about 2 minutes stand up and start walking around.) I'm all about the head rush but had to sit back down for a few minutes to let my head settle. The taste could be better, a little bite to it but i think thats due to not being flushed. There is a sweet orange taste to the buds, as far as smell, still smells VERY green until you split a bud open. Is this normal or am i mising something in the drying phase? Does the Curing bring out the smell?

the longer you cure for the better the taste and smell will get did you trim the little resin leafs off as they will hold the nutes where you haven't flushed :roorrip: peace

^^^agree. The cure helps break down any remaining chlorophyl and takes away that green wheatgrass taste. The flush will do most of the work, but the cure will refine your stash.

the longer you cure for the better the taste and smell will get did you trim the little resin leafs off as they will hold the nutes where you haven't flushed :roorrip: peace

Yeah they got a good trim, no leaves left. The largest piece of salvaged bud is close to being dry and ready to start the cure. :slide:

^^^agree. The cure helps break down any remaining chlorophyl and takes away that green wheatgrass taste. The flush will do most of the work, but the cure will refine your stash.

Awesome! They got their first dose of flush solution lastnight, and another res change tonight with more flush solution and one last day of plain water.

What's the humidity in your space? Are you able to get it lower?

Its around 40% i have added fans to the closet around Powerkush to help flow air around her. She seems to be the one that is prone to mold. Sage is still rockin strong :headbanger: I'm going to borrow a dehumidifier in the next couple days to get that number DOWN.

HARVEST HARVEST HARVEST

Saturday night Day 56 Pics and all to come. Took roughly 15 hours of trimming and manicuring/hanging. didnt finish until about 6pm sunday and From the looks of it my buddy was right, there has to be at least 2 lbs of bud hanging in the closet. Wet weight. . . who knows, my scale doesn't read that high and there is just SO MUCH BUD i wouldnt know where to start weighing it all. I am simply BLOWN by how many buds there really are. There are HUGE colas, base ball size buds, golfball sized buds and popcorn. Not to mention 2 paper grocery bags full of trim, SAGE scissor hash, Powerkush Scissor hash, and the drying box is totally filled with loose buds. i just cannot believe my eyes. . . . I'll be back with pictures.

THANK YOU TO EVERYBODY THAT HAD A HAND IN GETTING ME THIS FAR!!!

:slide::slide::slide::slide::slide::slide::slide::slide:

Here we gooo. . .

PowerKush Harvest. She took the longest for sure. and the smell, oh the smell. It was absolutely intoxicating :smokin:

H1_006.jpg

H1_007.jpg

H1_008.jpg

H1_009.jpg

H1_010.jpg

H1_011.jpg

H1_012.jpg

H1_014.jpg

Roots lookin pretty nasty after sitting in the water for hours while iw as chopping. This root mass was huge
H1_013.jpg

H1_015.jpg

H1_017.jpg

H1_018.jpg

H1_019.jpg

Thats it for PowerKush. The sweet yet pungent orange skunk scent is simply amazing.

Now on to the SAGE. These buds had a spicey scent to them while i chopped. The colas themselves, when squeezed release a very sweet smell. Not quite as sticky as PowerKush but much MUCH more dense. i cannot believe how heavy some of these buds were.
H1_001.jpg

H1_002.jpg

H1_003.jpg

H1_004.jpg

H1_005.jpg

H1_0241.jpg

H1_025.jpg

H1_026.jpg

H1_020.jpg

H1_021.jpg

H1_022.jpg

H1_023.jpg

And now the Final Closet pic.
H1_016.jpg

Drying temps are around 83-85 and RH is 35% with a dehumidifier running on the ground in the closet. i have also set up fans to circulate air and a carbon filter will be hooked up to the existing exhaust vent sometime this week.

Thank you everybody again who was here watching/helping. I couldnt have done it without ALL of you!!! :Rasta:

Truly awesome dude, congrats!!

Thank you sir!!!

So ya.. kinda hate you right now!! lol grats man, hoping to do the same thing in a tent. Can't wait to see that final weight.

SG

thanks bud, at day 43, your day of trimming is soon to be here! Yeah the final weight should be interesting, I would go ahead and get a wet weight but i spent hours hanging it all and just cant take it all down just to do it again. I think i'll just wait, looks like this curious cat is surviving this time ;)

Thanks Olias!!

Back
Top Bottom