1st Journal

Ok....i'll wait another 2 weeks. man i tell ya it ain't easy when it gets to this point. yesterday before lights-out i did another big trim and i can see better what the buds look like, the calyxes on the very top bud have swollen and most of the pistals have turned brown. this morning as i'm looking closely at her in the sun i can see that the other big buds are starting to swell up calyxes too. what puzzles me is how determined she is to keep growing leaves ?? most every other plant i see when the flowering is winding down the leaf production stops.
I know i have made quite a few mistakes in my first 3 grows in the last year, but being a part of 420 now i feel i'm getting better at my new hobby. i want all you helpful fellow indoor farmers to know i really appreciate all the input and guidance over the last 3 months:thanks:

DSCN13424.JPG

DSCN13403.JPG

DSCN13331.JPG

Are you trimming a lot of leaves off? I believe that as you trim a bunch off she will produce more of the smaller ones trying to get light and CO2 in so she can breathe. It seems most people here do major defoliation with good results but I don't think I am going to strip them naked. Different strokes for different folks!! Just might be why she keeps growing them though!!

Still looking amazing!!:bravo::high-five:

I believe defoliation in veg is fine to LST or super top, but during flower the only time I trim leaves is if they are causing problems like bad air circulation which could lead to rot.

My point is, if you keep taking off leaves during flower the plant will slow flowering and concentrate its power to healing all its cuts. Thats why bud production has slowed now. Leave the plant alone and just let her bud now. You dont need light penetration as your lights are all around the plant. IMO anyway mate.

But looking great none the less keep it up man +reps on jenna!!

thanks James....i was kinda thinking that too. it may be that i added to much chicken manure to the soil before i planted so the nitrogen is prolly really high....but , live an learn

Your Nitrogen isn't high at all. The plant is a really good green and all the leaves are healthy stood up and nice and spikey.
If you have an N tox during flower the leaves around the buds curl under and the whole plant turns a dark green. Then if this continues buds are stretched apart and grow deformed.

Your plant defo does not have this. All is good just sit back and leave it for 2 week, she fatten up!!

I believe defoliation in veg is fine to LST or super top, but during flower the only time I trim leaves is if they are causing problems like bad air circulation which could lead to rot.

My point is, if you keep taking off leaves during flower the plant will slow flowering and concentrate its power to healing all its cuts. Thats why bud production has slowed now. Leave the plant alone and just let her bud now. You dont need light penetration as your lights are all around the plant. IMO anyway mate.

But looking great none the less keep it up man +reps on jenna!!

:thumb:

week 16....well this is the end...i noticed about 8 male flowers starting on jenna so today i'm gunna cut off most of the buds before she starts making seeds
DSCN13501.JPG

DSCN13492.JPG

As beautiful as your plant is why not do a partial harvest and then regenerate her ... saves a lot of growing time and she already has a great root system built up ... harvest about 2/3 of the plant, crank up the lights and pour the nutes to her and see what she'll do ... at the very least leave her a few leaves and plant her outdoors and see how she does ... Excellent CFL grow ...
:welldone:

regeneration thread How do I regenerate rejuvenate reveg a plant after harvest?

well harvest was fun.....NOT...lol. 3 hours cutting trimming and hanging buds...i'll put up a pic when i get new bats for the camera....i prolly got an oz of nice bud and an oz of small not so nice buds. she had already started making seeds so the lower buds are very seedy. there was a lot of mold/rot in the middle of the lower section of the plant....but i learn from my mistakes and next time i'm gunna keep the middle more open.

my new plant is in this journal 2nd Journal
wish me luck and thanks for all who had an interest in this journey with me

Thanks for sharing your grow with us!

Don't forget to head over to the 420 Strain Reviews forum and post your smoke report there too! :cheer:

I am reporting this to be moved to completed journals now.

Have you started a new grow you would like to share with us?

If so, please start one here:
Journals in Progress

In the future, whenever you complete a journal, please use the Report Post feature found at the bottom left of every post, so we can be alerted to move it for you.

Hope all is well in your world.

Love and respect from all of us here at 420 Magazine!

Back
Top Bottom