Ak47

Looking like you have a fox in the grow room there!! Wow over 100 days and still going? that's some pretty looking buds and the tails look nice and frosty too.

Buds are looking mighty foxy there buddy! :thumb:

Get a loop and take a closer look at the trichomes, they should be done. Call the doctor its time to amputate!

I pulled one of the Ak47s two nights ago, along with the Chem D project plant I grew with them. That last one is still going, but I'm pulling it tonight anyway. This is going to be a test for me to see if a 4 day dark period, a 2 day dark period, and no dark period make a difference in the smell and the high (I'm going to cut a few buds off the plant I put in the dark tonight and lay them right on the drying rack without a dark period). If it doesn't make enough of a difference, I'm done doing it. Post pics soon.

Smoking's the only real way of telling if it did I think. But I'll try to document these as well as I can. Here's the first one: at 13 weeks from flip (I switched from 11/13 to 11.5/12.5 after about 3 weeks) I put it in a dark period for 4 days:

0051979.JPG

The leaves that were brown wilted after that long in the dark, and you're right GhettoGro; the plant seems harder to trim because it gets flimsy and limp. I usually have to give something at least 7 weeks from seed before flip to get a yield like this from it. Man, the buds are huge too! :) It weighed out wet at 7.15 oz., which should give me over 1-1/2 oz. dry. I see why this is a commercial strain; I like it so far. It's easy to trim, but I didn't do a close-up manicure:

0061752.JPG

I noticed little to no increase in smell, but the buds seem stickier. I don't know if that adds up to more resin from more glands, but if you look close at these pics in some of the areas where you can see the trichomes, they're sticking up like the hair on a cat's back:

0071633.JPG
0091330.JPG
0081492.JPG
0111057.JPG
0101221.JPG

I'll take more pics of this harvest when it dries and put up more info. The next one I'll be chopping I took out last night and immediately removed two branches from it, trimmed them up, and put them on my drying rack for my no dark period sample of this weed :) I'll be chopping it tomorrow to make it two days of dark.

Is it too much to ask for a close up of the stage in trichs?

I've even used a tripod before and don't have much luck with close-ups at least good enough to see the trichs in detail. When all 3 samples are dry enough, I'll give it a good try though because that would be a good way to tell. I've got a magnifier and could describe it, but it wouldn't be the same.

The second Ak47: at 13 weeks and 1 day from flip (I switched from 11/13 to 11.5/12.5 after about 3 weeks with this one too) I took two branches and trimmed them with no dark period then put the rest of the plant in a dark period for 2 days. I am going to take probably 2/3 of this plant and make hash oil; it grew really wispy and most of the buds are thin. I'll keep the top buds, but I decided not to reveg this plant:

0012392.JPG

I didn't trim it much, either. It came out to 6.1 oz. wet (plus the other two branches which were .7 oz., making a total of 6.8 oz.):

0022342.JPG

Here are close-ups as good as I could do with this lens :) The first ones are the branches that had no dark period:

0111058.JPG
0101222.JPG
0091331.JPG

Here are the buds from the rest of the plant after 2 days of dark:

0032238.JPG
0042105.JPG
0051981.JPG
0061754.JPG
0071636.JPG
0081494.JPG

There's no difference in the smell to me on this one either. The branches and the buds smell the same. But the buds feel stickier than the branches; it could be the same thing that causes the wilt and flimsiness that makes it hard to trim. I'll magnify after they're all dry enough to jar, but I think the smoke test is going to be the only true way to tell. Post more pics soon.

If you remember, I had to throw out a couple hundred AK47 beans I had made 8 years ago as they were not viable anymore. I got 5 girls out of them on my first grow after starting back. I only have about an oz left of that harvest and 6-8 weeks before my bagseeds will be ready. I will definatley make make more beens in the fall. It is such a stable, easy and productive strain. Need beans next spring? I'll have some :)

Back
Top Bottom