Ak47

im like 3 weeks to the next :thumb:
should be close to 3-4 weeks after that theres another one

Four day dark period. This is a top, a middle, and lower buds:

0012408.JPG

0022357.JPG
0032254.JPG
0042119.JPG

Because the plant was bent over I didn't get the typical distribution; the lowers were smaller but looked better than most of the wispy middle buds. I rolled a doob out of the only good middle bud that looked like a top bud this morning; it's close to being dry enough to jar. I had to keep relighting it after the first 2/3s were gone, though. The 4 day dark period didn't seem to help the smell much, but then again it hasn't been curing in a jar either. The buzz is just as good as anything I have cured right now, so I imagine it's only going to get better :thumb:
I'll try another test doob tomorrow when I jar it up. The other 2 samples should be dry soon. I'll get my magnifier out and try to give a description of the trichomes on all these too if I can remember.

It's decent pot that's for sure :tokin:
I was thinking as I rolled sample #2 up this morning that it wouldn't be a fair test; sample #1 and #2 are from two different phenos, and the quality is going to vary regardless of whether a dark period was used or not. Sure enough, you would think that the 4 day dark period sample would be better, but this 2 day dark period sample whooped its a$$:

0012417.JPG

This isn't a good shot and even though the pot is wispy, you can see the high trich-to-green ratio and it's mostly calyx too:

0022365.JPG

I effed up and revegged the other one what a drag..... :straightface:

Because the last sample is from the same plant as this sample, I may be able to tell if this 2 day dark period did anything. I'll test that one tomorrow if it's dry enough. But if you get this wispy one, keep it :thumb:

Whoa that second one fooled me I got 1.65 oz. from it! :thumb:
I finally tried that last sample of pot that I didn't give a dark period to. I'd have to do multiple samples of more than just this strain to make a final decision on the matter, but I'm going to keep doing the 2 day dark period. I don't think it's like night and day, but there's a little difference in the smell and buzz; at least enough to justify the extra 2 days. In my personal situation it doesn't hurt anything or set me back; all my smoke's personal stash. Often it keeps me from having to do the trimming work on weekends :)
I'm going to close this journal out with a thanks again to you all and a note that the weed is good, easy to grow, problem resistant, and the Ak47 plant I did a reveg on is starting to grow leaves again I'll be getting clones from it soon! :thumb:

ooh ooh ooh, AHH AHH AHH!!!!!
:420:

Back
Top Bottom