Ak47

Here they are :)

0022283.JPG

The thing I've been breeding out for 2 years is on the left, and one of the Ak47s is on the right in this pic; they look a lot alike except the Ak47 looks a lot better:

0032181.JPG

Now that I see the leaves in that pic I know I need to give that plant some Ca. I need to do a defol on them both tomorrow. Here's both of them (most of the plants anyway):

0042047.JPG
0051931.JPG

Yep definite reveg material. :)

Today is 52 days of 11/13 (as I mentioned before, I turned it to 11.5/12.5), and 43 days since the first hairs. That gives me about 2-1/2 weeks left if it goes at 65 days. Maybe my sinuses are messed up, but it smells like a good n plenty candy along with the vicks vaporub now.

I bred out a regular strain from seed called Chemdawg D BX 3 (from Cannaventure Seeds) five times, each time selectively breeding out parents to get something close to Chem D. What I think I got was a mix of all the parents, but it looks okay and it should be stable to breed with, which was what I wanted. :)

OMG That's Just Sexy!!! :yummy::yummy::yummy::circle-of-love::circle-of-love::circle-of-love:

Damn, my heart just skipped a beat and my mouth won't stop watering seeing all those AK's!!! I swear, I love that strain! I just know your going to love the finished product as much as I did, I can't wait for a smoke report :thumb:

I'm partial to the AK47s myself 420 Warrior. PotChimp got these babies rockin'!

I need to make another bean order.

Yea, I am sooooooooo glad that I seeded a batch of AK's so I still have a baggie full for whenever it is I can get back growing again.

I think I initially paid something like $110 for 10 AK47 seeds (not sure what they go for now?) so I would always advise doing a seed re-supply grow to anyone unless you just have the extra money to keep buying them as needed, but I'm certainly not well off enough for that personally, not to mention the risk of having them shipped to you if you live in a "Non-legal" state.

I think I paid about 110 for the AK47 beans I bought about eight years ago. I made lots of beans but stopped growing for over 5 years. When I started back up a few months ago, I could only get 6 beans to pop and grow out of a couple hundred. Bummer. I should have stored them in the freezer.

Can't say enough about how you got these girls rocking.

I just sampled my #4 chop this morning on my wake-n-bake. This one has the buzz that I remember from the cherry but it doesn't smell like a cherry cough drop. After 3 bongs, my skin is numb to the touch and it took like 10 minutes to type this. YMMV

~GG

I think I paid about 110 for the AK47 beans I bought about eight years ago. I made lots of beans but stopped growing for over 5 years. When I started back up a few months ago, I could only get 6 beans to pop and grow out of a couple hundred. Bummer. I should have stored them in the freezer.

Hmm, didn't figure they'd go bad after 5 years that easy? I've had beans that put aside for many many years that grew without a hitch before, maybe it was your technique in getting them to sprout? Maybe they got compromised somehow? Humidity? IDK, Maybe they do just get old at some point??? :hmmmm:

By the way guys, while we're on the subject and I'm thinking about it, I figured out a way to sprout beans a while back that turned out to give me at least a 98% success rate. It involves using a heating pad set on low with a thick towel laid on top and a pan of jiffy pellets with luke warm distilled water and then when they pop open and start to grow good for a few days, you can just place the jiffy pellets in your medium...easy, cheesy, japaneezy. That's given me damn near perfect results every single time. I guess I should do a tutorial post w/h picks on my simple little method one day for everyone to try for themselves? I just swear by it and you guys should try it sometime, I think you'll like it...:winkyface:

Not to be a nay-sayer or anything but TBH IDK if I trust putting them in the freezer, maybe the fridge might be a safer bet? I think I'd be a little concerned about freezer burn personally, and at the high cost of premium beans, that would be a tragedy to loose a whole bag of AK47 beans like that, but that's just my 2 cents.

I put beans in a drenched paper towel, inside a baggie, on top of the ballast part of my veg light. I just had 100% popped in my bagseed grow. THe old AK and AI beans I had, i tried this, I tried water soaking etc... beans do get old if not stored properly. My experience...

Wish I knew the answer 420. It sucks having to throw out hundreds of high genetic beans.

I put beans in a drenched paper towel, inside a baggie, on top of the ballast part of my veg light. I just had 100% popped in my bagseed grow. THe old AK and AI beans I had, i tried this, I tried water soaking etc... beans do get old if not stored properly. My experience...

Wish I knew the answer 420. It sucks having to throw out hundreds of high genetic beans.

Yea bro I feel ya on that one, that does suck bad...I keep mine in a wood humidor and they seem to keep really well like that, good and dry with no chance of moisture to sour them so IDK, maybe that's the trick?

That jiffy pellet trick I was talking about was through around 8 or 10 times of doing it and there were only a couple of times that one or two didn't sprout so those could have just been a bad bean or two but I really liked those jiffy pellets because the little flats they come in have a lid to keep in moisture and you can let the babies establish themselves a little before putting them in their mediums, plus you don't have to directly handle the little ones getting finger acid on the roots, but I feel ya on your trick as well because I did them the same exact way myself for years with good results too.

Anyway, sorry Chimp, didn't mean to hijack your thread bro :sorry:

I put mine in a dark airtight container in one of the refrigerator drawers
with some rice in there for the moisture

I put mine in a dark airtight container in one of the refrigerator drawers
with some rice in there for the moisture

Good idea, I might try that as well :thumb:

Damn, I still love coming to this thread and looking at those beautiful AK's, I swear I can almost smell those sweet babies through my computer screen, I just need to keep some paper towels close by to wipe the drool off of my keyboard, LOL :drool::yummy:

Back
Top Bottom