Ak47

:) Man two of these are throwing hairs at 18/6 I bet you I got auto seeds again when I ordered regular ones :(

I know I'm late responding to this, but I just found your log and had to check it out as I have grown several rounds of AK47 over the years. From original seeds, seeds I have made and from clones.

All I have grown will show sex between 4-6 weeks while in veg. This is normal in my experience. Once the show sex, I take cuttings and then they go into flower. I hate wasting dirt and using space in the flower tent only to have the plant grow balls.

Your plants look great! These plants do not stretch very much. I have had some that double in height. Most only stretch about 50% of their start height. They are very forgiving and easy to grow and yield great.

I would take cuttings. There is a "cherry" pheno in their genetics that is da bomb! I grew this pheno for about a year before I lost the mom. It smelled like strong cherry cough drops and had such pain killing qualities that it would actually make my skin numb to the touch. I am growing out the last of the beans I made right now and I got 5 girls in flower and one male isolated for making more beans.

You will be happy with these. I will have to stick around and see how they do. Get ready for some beefy nugs!

Great job!

~GG

Thanks everybody I'll get more pics up tonight and I'll pull a leaf or two to smell for that cherry cough drop smell. I do remember being reminded of the smell of Vick's vay-po-rubb (they make cough drops too) when I took leaves off before. Cool, if I like it I'll reveg the plant (the branches are still too small to take cuttings).
:thumb:

The Vick's smelling pheno is good to. I've had a couple of those. We named them Vic after my wife. :)

I just uploaded a couple pics to my gallery of an AK47 I have 8 weeks into flower now. She has a fruity sweet smell right now. Hoping it turn more cherry before chopping. (Don't want to picture-bomb your jounal, some people can be funny about that)

This bud was from one of the "vicks salve/mentholiptus" plants:

G4-AK47-3-bud.jpg

This was from the cherry pheno:

G4-AK47-Cherry-LastBud.jpg

Man I hope I get that second one :) I have to really smell these to get an odor, but they're both menthol and piney:

0012244.JPG
0022204.JPG

Those 3 plants I grew in with them look like they're all going to be male (dammit!), so there's gonna be room for these two now. I'm putting both of them under a 600 watt HPS as soon as I get a chance too maybe 2-3 weeks :thumb:

They are very healthy. I have grown out over a dozen AK47s from seed. They usually stretch about 50-100%. Not as stretchy as some strains but they can double in size the first 2 weeks of 12/12. I would definitely tie them over and let the lower branches come out and form an even canopy. What size pots are you going to? THey should be transplanted before going to 12/12 as the root ball will stretch out too.

Looking great so far!

I chopped and trimmed the first of my five AK47 girls last night. Been enjoying some scissor hash :D
ak47_1_01.jpg

Keep up the good work!

~GG

Nice plant man they fatten up pretty good. I'm going to use an offsized pot that's closer to 3 gallons than 2, but I wanted to wait until I put them under the 600 watt lamp to do the transplant (maybe as soon as tomorrow). I followed your advice and bent the plants down, using a wire tie to hold them. I did a Chem project plant of mine (it's in with them) the same way, but I'm topping that one.

They don't stretch much under these CFLs that's gonna change under the HPS so I figured I better get it done :thumb:

Oh sorry I thought I put the info down earlier, but these are at about 1-1/2 weeks since first hairs (I flipped the light to 12/12 just under 3 weeks ago).

Note: both Ak47s are now under my 600 watt Eye-Hortlilux (Phantom digital dimmable ballast set @ 100%):

0071554.JPG

I'm running busy today, but I plan on transplanting these to 2-1/2 gallon pots tomorrow night. I'm also going to look for a good bloom booster for this AN Iguana Juice at the hydro shop the next time I go there; another grow I'm doing right now with just that is coming to its end and did good but not great, you know what I mean?

Notes: Busy as Hell on my end didn't get a chance to transplant but in two days my schedule is free all day I can get a few things done :) I got AN's Big Bud to use with this Iguana Juice Bloom and I'll feed both plants when I do their transplants. I may get a pic up sooner than that, though.

I keep looking at that cherry pheno and hoping one of these is it but I know I'm not that lucky and speaking of which, the combination of being a crucial time in flower, switching light types, and being transplanted caused both of these plants to stall (Ak47 - 4 weeks from flip):

0012288.JPG
0022245.JPG

Back
Top Bottom