1st Journal

doublejointed

What strain is it? not sure,the seeds are from my last plant(it went hermie on me) which was from seeds that were 8 years old.

Is it Indica, Sativa or Hybrid? What percentages? that to is a mystery.any and all guesses welcome

Is it in Veg or Flower stage? 1 in veg one in flower

If in Veg... For how long? 7 weeks from germination

If in Flower stage... For how long? 1 day

Indoor or outdoor? indoor

Soil or Hydro? soil

If soil... what is in your mix? it's a mix of miracle grow potting soil, bovung composted cow manure,

If soil... What size pot? 5 gal buckets

Size of light? 1 68 /200 watt 6700K and 1 68/300 watt 2700K

Is it aircooled? yes

Temp of Room/cab? 60-85 degrees F

RH of Room/cab? not sure

PH of media or res? 6.5 - 7.0

Any Pests ? fruit flies

How often are you watering? 2-3 times a week or as needed

Type and strength of ferts used? a combination of miracle grow and chicken manure tea and Burpee's all natural plant food 0-15-11

i'm new here and have enjoyed all the journals i have read so i decided to make my own... it has been great to have 420 as a source of information, and a community of like minded growers to correspond with. talking about growing MJ is not the type of conversation you can have with the people you deal with on a day-2-day basis. but here i feel like one of the many not one of the few.

this is my third grow. i got inspired by a vid on you tube about a guy growing MJ in this little box with CFL bulbs....well that got the wheels spinning, i had always thought one need expensive lights and set-up and all that comes with that...but CFL's a small space, that i could do!

my first grow was so easy. i knew i had some seeds somewhere form the last bag i bought, but that was like 8 years ago would the seeds still germinate i thought. i put em in a yogurt container set them in my window sill and in 5 days 2 out of 5 seeds sprouted . well 12 weeks later they both turned out to be male...to say i was bummed is an understatement...but if at first you don't suck-seed keep on suckin till you do suck-seed... i had 4 seeds left 2 sprouted...12 weeks later 1 male 1 female, the male got cut down before he could release any pollen. the female grew and turned hermie4 weeks into the flowering cycle which i was hoping for as i needed more seeds.

so this is my current grow from those seeds

i have 2 plants now 7 weeks old and my grow box is getting too crowed so last night i took the smaller of the 2 and made a dark box to put her in and will allow her to flower so i can have room in my grow box...i may construct a separate grow box when i have time...i will put up pics of the grow from the beginning and post regular pics of the progress.... all and any comments / suggestions are welcome

germination...4 days after planting... seed were 4 weeks old
2-12-12.JPG

the next day after that last pic i changed the lights and added 3 150 watt 2700K 2 days later this is what plant A (the bigger of the 2) looked like
DSCN10345.JPG
i was quite freaked out...but with the help of the 420 community i was talked off the ledge and a few suggested it was heat stress. so i changed lights and all was good

2 days after that last pic i stumbled upon a new CFL in a local hardware store it 68/200 watt 6500K.by adding that and just 1 of my 68/300watt bulbs this is what plant A looked like
3-29.JPG
DSCN10364.JPG

the grow box is getting too crowded so last night i started putting the smaller of the 2 plants in a dark box after 12 hrs of light. it would be nice to make a bigger grow box but i just don't have the space. the only reason i grew 2 plants was because i know when the flowering starts, my urges increase....my last grow i'm pretty sure i started harvesting too early...so with 2 plants i can have my "cake and eat it too" ... lol
plant_B_3-311.JPG

I think your baby recovered very nicely. And she seemed to have gotten better once you changed the light. What else did you do? And why do you say you harvested early with your last grow?

I think your baby recovered very nicely. And she seemed to have gotten better once you changed the light. What else did you do? And why do you say you harvested early with your last grow?

thats it just changed lights(which lowered the temps in the box)...having only grown outdoors in the past. harvest time was decided by mother nature not me....so i was thinking flowering cycle was about 4 weeks. so at 4weeks i cut off the top bud...i now realize it prolly could have gone another few weeks. here is a pic of that bud
DSCN09533.JPG

well it was a sunny day so i put the girls in the sun for a bit...i swear i heard them sigh and say mmmmm real sunlight...lol
then i added a box for the smaller of the 2. i'm sure she will outgrow it very fast but it will get me by until i get my tools home from the job site and make it bigger
sunlight_.JPG
4-12.JPG
4-1-12.JPG

i got another 68/200 watt -6500K CFL today. my last 2 grows i used only 2700K bulbs,from what i've read the 6500K is suppose to be better during the veg cycle. any input on if it makes all that much of a diff ?
DSCN10551.JPG

Looking good over there double. From what i have read the 6500k is better for veg as it has more of the blue spectrum in it and helps keep the distance between the nodes closer to each other. But whatever your doing so far keep it up.

thanks puff... it's all trial and error for me , things were growing fine with the 2700K's but if i can tweak a little bit more by 6700K's it's worth a shot

Back
Top Bottom