1st Journal

well not much of a difference since i changed lights and put my smaller plant on her 12/12. the bigger of the 2 is drinking water like crazy. sunday when i picked up the bucket it was really light and very dry to the touch so i gave her about a half gallon and again tonight she was light and dry so i gave her another half gallon. i added a timer on my 12/12 cycle just keep it constant, 6:00am on 5:45 pm off. anyone have any thoughts on direct application of my sea kelp mix , it's 0-15-11. i used something similar on my plants when i grew outdoors and it worked great.will spraying the leaves in an indoors under CLF lights situation be the same as outside under natural sunlight ?

DSCN10252.JPG

well 8 weeks into this grow...the girls look healthy and happy ! the smaller of the 2, plant B (Betty) has been 12/12 7 days now, no signs of flowering as of yet. the taller one, plant A (Amber) is 18" tall now i have had the 2 6500K bulbs on her 5 days now not sure if she grows any differently than when it was the 2 2700K bulbs, think i'll add a 2700K to the box and see what it does.if ya think about it sunlight has full spectrum coloring early morning and late afternoon sunlight is more like the 2700K a reddish light so it worth a shot. here is
DSCN10656.JPG
plant_B_4-7-12_12-12_1_week_.JPG
today's pics

i'm still perplexed and befuddled by the difference in the 2 plants. the seeds are from the same parent plant yet there is such a drastic difference, plant b (betty) is shorter and the veg is so dense you can't see into the main stalk, she has no color(except for the greenish color) and smells similar to basil. plant A (amber) is tall and symmetrical like a mini Christmas tree her leaves and stems are reddish purple and has a very strong skunky smell. the shape of the leaves on plant A look like indica. the leaves on plant B look like sativa. yet plant A is taller with more spacing between branches which is more a trait of a sativa plant and plant B is short and bushy which is a trait of an indica...things to make ya say hmmmmm
DSCN10622.JPG
DSCN10614.JPG

Looking nice there double. About the 2 plants looking so different from the same mother plant just goes to show you the different genetics that went into making the original mother plant. Have you though about maybe doing so selective pruning to help get some of that light more into the middle of the plant or maybe just trying down some of the side branches to open her up a little bit.

Looking nice there double. About the 2 plants looking so different from the same mother plant just goes to show you the different genetics that went into making the original mother plant. Have you though about maybe doing so selective pruning to help get some of that light more into the middle of the plant or maybe just trying down some of the side branches to open her up a little bit.

thanks puff

yeah i do trim a few of the fan leaves from her, i really thought she would stretch out in the 12/12 cycle. the bigger plant started to stretch out when i cut down from 18 to 16 hrs of light. i'll give her another week if she don't open up a little i may start to tie the lower branches down

well i got home from work early enough tonight to spend a few minutes looking for signs of flowering ... about 3/4 of the way on the main stalk i saw 2 pre-flowers, woo-hoo !

i tried to get a pic but my crap camera wonk take really close closeups
DSCN10734.JPG
DSCN10725.JPG

gave em both a drink of molasses water last, night they seemed really happy today and the smell from them was real strong when i came in the front door.

12 days and the crazy little bush still shows only the 1 little pre-flower. is 12/12 not enough dark time ? i cut it back to 12:45/ 11:15
since she came from a hermaphrodite mother i don't want to go to a really short light period to trigger flowering then up it so it still gets enough light to grow for fear of her herming on me...

week 9 and growing fine...
man how time fly's when ur having fun, the smaller of the 2 has been in a flowering cycle for 14 days now .today i had her in the sun and was looking closely and she's got pre-flowers in 4 places along the main stalk, she has doubled in size in the last 2 weeks too. the bigger of the 2 grew 2an1/2 inches this week not record growth by any means but it's growing...not sure about her she look like she's lacking something but i can't put my finger on it..it may just be my perspective. my last 2 grows went so easy the plants just kinda grew themselves. i tied down some of her lower branches and trimmed leaves to let more light into the middle of the plant. tonight i'll start her on a 12/12 cycle.

heres some pics from today
DSCN10821.JPG
4-14-12.JPG
DSCN10802.JPG
DSCN10812.JPG

what a difference a day makes..or rather a night makes.

this morning i looked in when the lights came on, i was surprised to see the branches i had tied down had turned up towards the light. i had given the girls a drink of molasses and some kelp fert before lights out last night and they looked really happy :morenutes:
DSCN1084.JPG
DSCN10852.JPG
DSCN10863.JPG

just in case anyone is interested, for lights i now have 4 150/42 watt 2700K CFL's 2 27/60 watt 5000 K CFL's and 1 68/300 2700K CFL in the grow box. if my quackulations are right thats around 13,500 lumens

Back
Top Bottom