First Grow - All Input Welcomed

McPuffin

Well let me thank you all first for taking the time to check out my thread. I guess ill start with the basics.

What strain is it? Was told it is a Trainwreck X Purple Urkle cross
Is it in Veg or Flower stage? Currently in Veg
If in Veg... For how long? Since Christmas
Indoor or outdoor? Indoor
Soil or Hydro? Soil
If soil... what is in your mix? Soil from outside mixed with homemade worm casings.
If soil... What size pot? 3 gallon.
Size of light? currently under 230 watts actual cfls
Temp of Room/cab? Temps run right around 73 with lights on
RH of Room/cab? hovers around 30%-45% having a hard time keeping it up
Any Pests ? None yet
How often are you watering? watering when pot feels lite
Type and strength of ferts used? i am using the recipe for success from technaflora.

I guess that covers most of the basics. I was given this clone on Christmas as a gift from a friend i was not expecting it so i was not fully set up for it.
After reading on here i built a cfl light housing for her as she was just sitting window side for the first week.( I forget exactly who's thread i saw the light in but Thank You for the inspiration.) She was in a red solo cup at the time then transplanted to the 3 gallon pot. Due to height restrictions i decided to lst her to keep her a little shorter. At the risk of rambling on which i think i have pasted already ( Im a little high) i will end here for now and continue later after the pics are posted.

Thanks for your time,
McPuffin

Re: First grow all input welcomed.

100_02015.JPG
100_02035.JPG
100_02088.JPG
100_02095.JPG
100_02139.JPG
100_02167.JPG
100_02186.JPG
100_02217.JPG
100_02239.JPG
100_02266.JPG

Re: First grow all input welcomed.

Hey McPuffin, lookin great so far.
I would keep LSTing all the way around that pot and you'll get a nice compact bush, perfect for your CFLs.

Re: First grow all input welcomed

It's looking really good, McPuffin. I was just curious that you said you used dirt from outside. Did you treat the dirt with anything to prevent bugs from laying eggs and causing havoc? If so, what did you use?

:thanks: Friday was the big day for the switch. i think i may have waited just a little to long but we shall see. I'm also not sure if i should be worried about her becoming root bound as when i was taking some pictures yesterday i noticed that the roots have grown about halfway up into the hydrotron that i dressed the top of the container up with. Any thoughts on this from anyone out there? Well with out further ado here are pics from flower day 1.
100_02415.JPG
100_02434.JPG
100_02444.JPG

Still can't believe that stem its as thick as a bic. Any thicker and i might have to harvest with my chainsaw.

kinda a bad angle of the hood setup but you might be able to get the idea if not i'll take better pics once the lights get back on. As far as being to chicken to try scrog on a first grow it was going to be just a lst grow but then i ran out of room to tie it to the pot so i figured to screen would make it alot easier which it has. Next time i plan on using a little taller screen since it is so hard to water her right now and once the buds show up i wont want to water from the top and get the buds all wet so its a learning curve.

thats exactly what it is shadow. I'm more of one to figure something out and build it instead of just spending the money to buy something already made. Which leads me to this i have been thinking about the issue of smell containment for the past couple days so i decided to build a flowering box which will allow me to control my exhaust through a homemade carbon filter that i will build. so here are some more pics of the set-up the new flowering box and one from day 3 flower.
100_02452.JPG
100_02461.JPG
100_02481.JPG
100_02503.JPG
100_02471.JPG

Back
Top Bottom