First Time Grow Journal - Advice Welcome!

Plants look beautiful though gettin big:) ... If you have access to plywood or partical board you can make a nice grow box outof that any size you want and make adjustments of you have to insulate it then you can cut out holes to put your exhaust fans in for Good air flow

I explored this during my first grow. I read up on it but haven't had opportunity to test it out. there was a study done a long time ago but wasn't exactly a 'pro job'.

It's said that plants prefer melodic music rather than anything heavy.

There's nothing to really update except I think my baby plants need to be transplanted in bigger legit pots, they are currently in green solo cups, and they desperately need more light..

I did have them in with my two females until my moms friend said that it could mess up the growth of my females and turn them to hermies, and i dont want that so I moved them into another room.

I will be moving my big plants to the basement, I'm gunna build a little room under the stair case and thats where they will be, and as soon as thats done I will be putting them into flowering :) Im excited, this is my first grow ever and I'd say I did pretty good for a first timer. I'll be getting 2 new clones next week for my birthday, so they will count as my seccond legit grow. My current baby plants are just from some bagseed and i just kind of wanted to grow them to see whatd happen.. id day they're doing good.

Oh I was wondering if I will have to change the color of might cfl lights once they're in flowering, instead of a cool white they would be a warm white? I heard it helps the bud growth. But I was wondering if anyone has actually done it and if it made any difference...

Have a good day :)

Warm whites are better for flowering but it's good to still have some of the cool whites too, when I used CFL's I used 4 warm whites to each cool one.
Also worm castings are great to use as a fertiliser, as well as mixing it in to my soil before planting I use it as a top dressing too.

Warm whites are better for flowering but it's good to still have some of the cool whites too, when I used CFL's I used 4 warm whites to each cool one.
Also worm castings are great to use as a fertiliser, as well as mixing it in to my soil before planting I use it as a top dressing too.

Okay cool , I just started the flowering tonight... And I have a few questions too

My one of my biggest plants have roots that started growing throught the bottom of the pot, and idk what to do about it...

Do I transplant it completely?

My father said that I could just take the pot and put in on top of a bigger pot with soil in it, and the roots will start to grow in the other pot...
I just dont want to kill the plant while i am transplanting it...
its so late , and now that I am flowering...

So any advice on that would be great!!

I already and using worm castings for fertilizer, I love it. When I get my clones I want to purchase some kelp too.

Have a good night everyone :)

If you've only just started flowering I'd do a transplant now, although if your plants are quite big I'd get some help if you can, two pairs of hands is always better than one when transplanting a decent sized plant. I know of others who do just put the old pot on a new one but I've never tried that myself, I think it's best to transplant so long as you feel confident enough to do it.

Okay so it's day 2 of flowering and I feel like they're already filling out, idk its just a feeling, but i do have a question...

when I was moving one of my plants because my set up sucks atm and they have to be moved from move to room when they get put in darkness, i accidently bent one of them in 2 places.... not bad bent, it looks like something I'd do when is bend them for more nutrients and stuff (I forget what its called atm lol) , but i'm in flowering,and I was wondering if that could screw around with my bb and stress her out and make her a hermie or something... or just kill her.... Should I just remove that whole branch so she heals quicker or just leave it and hope for the best?

Hey everyone! So it's been a week into flowering and I was wondering, is it possible for the buds to start showing that soon? Like, it looks like they are already starting to bud. I will post a picture later, I just don't have access to a camera right now lol. But all is going well however that same plant that got bent, got bent again ffs, i need to be more careful when I move them. But it's so hard they're already so tall that they get caught in the door frame and ceiling when i carry them. It's just like, impossible right now to bring them downstairs because we are having an inspecter coming over to see where we have to put our pellet stove or whatever so I have to wait till he comes...

Any suggestions for how to handle my plants more better to avoid themgetting bent and stuff? I mean being careful is obvious, however there may be more efficient ways to moving them.

Generally 8-9 weeks if you get a 30 x microscope when they come around 7 weeks start looking at the crystals see what color they r

beat me to it :)

Your crystals should go from clear to cloudy to some turning a brownish Amber color when they start turning Amber thc is dying and it's ready for harvest

Okay so my camera= gone... Dont work no more ffs. Hopefully you guys will still stay and review my journal until they are harvested or until I get another camera...

But I got a question... the top leaves, right before the buds start on one on my plants, is curling or whatever at the ends. They are even folding, and then curling at the ends. I have no idea what it is. I wish I had my camera to show you guys.But I do not. Hopefully I described it alright, if not, let me know.... And some of the leaves are turning brownish and one of em even went white a bit... I havent put and nutrients in since ive started flowering, the only thing I can think of is my PH down that I'm using. It's nitric or nirtique (i think thats the frech name... most likely...) acid or whatever... It can be used with plants, since i've bought it at my hydroponic store... my only problem is with that is that I dont currently have any test strips so i've only been adding one drop of the acid in, since thas how much I had to use when I did have the test strips. I'm gunna try to get some more money for those....

Do you guys think It'd be alright to just totally stop the ph down, and just leave my water out in the open for 48 hours to let all the chemicals dissolve out? I really need some advice. I mean, the plants don't look too harmed, it's just that the leaves look off. I've even pulled some off with the light tug of my fingers. Like a really light tug. Maybe it's just because those leaves were old. But some of the leaves are just, curled one way on folded the other. I'm worried..

But the buds look alright... It's been 2 weeks into flowering, they're about the size of a piece of smartfood popcorn.... or a marble. If you don't know what smartfood popcorn is lol... but I'm feeling proud of the buds. They're not all that size but they're getting there, and the ones that are that size are getting bigger. Ouff, proud moment :)

If there's a jeweled store they might point u in the right direction for microscopes radio shack carries it but I don't know if you have radio shack... With your plants your experiencing nutrient deficiencies if you haven't fed your plants food you need to they need extra food starting flowering to strech if you don't feed em you will def suffer with yeild

Back
Top Bottom