First Time Grow Journal - Advice Welcome!

Okay well I'm picking up some nutrients tomorrow ! I need someone to tell me at least 2 very important ones for flowering, as I cannot afford a lot. I already have worm castings in them, but they've pretty much soaked through now.

You mentioned kelp? And Bat guano? Are there any others absolutely important? And how much of each should I add in?
I need some advice yo, 'cause I really dunno what I'm doing with nutrients and stuff like that.
I'll be making the trip to the hydro store tomorrow.

Dont know what nutrients they have the but find things with a good nitrogen phosphorous and potassium ratio something like .5 nitrogen 2 phosphorous and 1 potassium make sure you ph water after adding nutes and only start with 1/4 the recomended dose .give them a good feed and watch what they do

I bought Indonesian Bat Guano, Buddy at the hydro store said it's good for flowering.
But thing is, I had no idea that it was powdered.. I honestly had no idea what bat guano was until I started growing... Lol...
Anyways, it calls for 4 litres, (Which is 1 gallon I think in the US) of water for it to be mixed in. But um. That seems like A LOT . Like, too much water. Definitely a lot more than my usual.. Does this mean I have been watering them wrong all along? Or is the amount they call for over-exagerated..?
Anyways, Because I felt like that was too much I only fed them 2 litres with half the amount of bat guano (it called for 3 tablespoons but I only put in 1.5) ... I only did this because I had no idea what I was doing. I should've waited to ask on here but um, I was a little too excited to feed them lol...
So If you can tell me the proper way to water with the bat guano, i'd greatly appreciate it.
My plants are in a 1 gallon pot each... I'm pretty sure its that anyways. If not then it's a 3 gallon.
And I was wondering about this nute I seen at the hydro store... I cannot remember the name but I know it had something to do with blood. I was wondering what it was and if I could use it for growing marijuana and if I can, if it's useful in flowering..
Thanks , you've helped me out a lot!!

The way they tell you to mix it is right but now that you have given half the recommended amount with half the water you still have a full strength nutrient water. With that being said you might have over fed but since you haven't fed till now you might be ok. So next time you feed which shouldn't be for a bit use four liters and only 1/4 to a half dose so it's mixed right if u have left over water cap it and save for next feed.What is the nitrogen phosphorous and potassium ratio of your guano? Your pots r a little small for them plants I use 7 or 10 gallon pots so they don't get root bound, sometimes being root bound will cause your plants to look like they need food. If it's blood meal you saw at the hydro yes it is good especially if it has bone meal it's very high in nitrogen and phosphorous. Best of luck let me know how your babies look over the next couple days and watch the tips of your leaves for nutrient burn if you've burned them back off feeding. Also as for watering there's no set way to water you have to read your plant feel how heavy its pot is and judge watering by that but your plants r alive so that shows you've done well with water so far

And with your leftover nute water it's important to seal it till next time or the precious elements can evaporate away. For my plants they can sometimes suck a gallon a day but I have 3000 watts of lighting so they eat and drink a lot more. A plant generally consumes about 40-45 gallons in itswhole life

Here's some nutes I use. Bat guano, kelp meal, bone and blood meal, rock phosphate, azomite,ground oyster shell flour for ph and calcium magnesium,worm castings, and humic acid. All play an important part in food for your plant and food for the microorganism in the soil that replenish and make food available for my plants. My plants become beast
image14242.jpg

Nice! All right... so you're saying I use water them with the full 4 litres, and only half of the three tablespoons? So basically, the same dosage of the guano, if you're saying 1/4 to half a dose.... and mix it and save the waste water? All right... I think I got it but let me know if I got something mixed up...
And yes, they do need bigger pots but I am again, scared to transplant. Especially at this point. I will try to get some pics if I can get my hands on my moms cellphone.
One of my plants, I kinda decided to experiment, and just put her on top of another, much bigger pot of soil.... Is that okay? She seems to be doing fine.
But the other one, I am worried about her getting rootbound, since roots are coming out the bottom already. Should I transplant or do the same thing as I did with my other girl?

Yes if you cut the bottoms of the pot and put it on top of more soil that would work.. So here's the rundown let's say the dose on the guano box tells you the recommended dose is say 4 tablespoons to every 4 liters of water you mix. What I mean by using half to a 1/4 is instead 4 tbsp you would put one to two tablespoons per 4 liters. Now let's say you mix your 1/4 dose to your 4 liters of water but you only feed with two of the four liters, you would cap the water you didn't use and wait tell next time to use. Hope that makes it a little clearer :)

If your plant looks like it's healthy then it should be fine but you will see a better result of you can carefully cut the bottom off as long as you don't cut too many roots in the process your plant will do wonderful if you open her bottom up to the soil but when you do don't feed for a bit she'll eat the food in the new soil for a good while ... For me I keep my babies in solo cups till I know they've eaten all the food in the soil then I transplant to a one gallon pot till they fill that then they transplant to they're last home a 10 gallon where all my food has been added to the bottom layer of soil where they will feed until I harvest... Sounds like alotof work but it's a system that keeps them fresh and happy in a week I can show you how I transplant my babies

I think you would be fine cutting it her roots shouldn't have traveled out of your other pot... Also quick question what soil brand have you been using? If I can find what ur using I should be able to tell you if it will have enough food for them

I use um, cheap soil, Im not sure the name, It's from home Hardware, in Canada, it can be used for indoors and outdoors, but I find it works great, I mean it didnt really do anything bad to my plants. If anything, it helped a lot better than the miracle gro I had in it when I first began growing. But I've got worm castings in it, and the bat guano water stuff....
But today, after I get home, I'll be cutting out the bottoms , what do you think would be the best thing to use to cut the pots? One is really thin plastic or whatever, But the other one is a bit more thick, and was bought at wal mart instead of the hydro store

Back
Top Bottom