First Time Grow Journal - Advice Welcome!

Well your plants r beautiful and alive and good thing no rustiness we def know it was watering then. And yea money is tight but your plants r beauties and even with what little you have your making an effort I admire you for sticking to it and not abandoning a journal on here

I've noticed some spots now , on one plant, that the tips of the leaves are really dark and hard, and a part of it broke off when I went to access them this morning.... Hmm, doesn't that have to do with too much Nitrogen or too little? It doesn't look like rust, just the tips of the leaves turned dark and crispy. Kinda scaring me honestly lol. And Yeah they are pretty beautiful and I think it'll be worth it in the end, even if I dont have a lot of supplies... I'll just be more prepared for my next grow :)
There have been some amber-ish brownish hairs starting on the bud, but I have to wait until 80% of the bud is covered in those brownish hairs, right? I dont even know where to find a 30 x microscope. The RadioShack in Canada apparently doesn't carry them nor ship them to canada from the internet, I've tried the Source, Wal Mart, and everywhere else and I just cannot seem to find one.
But it's not absolutely necessary to have one right? Because I Can see some of the trichromes on one of my plants and they're still clear from what I can see. I mean I think I have around another month till harvest, but I'm just getting excited lol. I'm feeling proud of my babies.

I dont remember if I've told you guys before, but I started 3 other bagseed plants in October. My plants in flowering are in the basement and the other ones are upstairs, so hopefully if the other ones turn into male they one pollenate my girlsdownstairs.... But isn't it possible to rub some of the pollen from a male on to a female at some point in harvest to make seeds?
I don't wanna do it though unless I know exactly how to.

One of the 3 plants have revealed it's sex... ITS A GIRL! lol, the other ones have really pointy callex's.. So they may be female since I've heard that if the calex's or whatever are really pointy at the ends , they're female, and if they have more of a round top, they're male.
If all three of these plants are going to grow hairs, then I will be hitting it pretty lucky since my girls in flowering are the only two seeds that I germinated at that time, and they both turned out to be female. And if these three are all female, then I am officially going to continue growing. I enjoy it very much and it's all worth it in the end :3

They could've been rusty spots at one point too because For a while I lost my glasses and couldnt really see too well, but I found them and this morning I seen the crispy dark spots.... I'm gunna try to get a picture of a leaf that has one soon, if it shows up again cause I panicked and just kinda pulled the crispy stuff off the leafs... Hope I didnt ruin anything D: .... But I'll look tomorrow morning when I turn the lights on...

It think your experiencing nitrogen toxicity some plants just don't like nutes what so ever so if you feed with regular water for awhile it should clear up and no not necessary to have a microscope but it helpsand yes you can pollinate certain parts of the plants but it's not worth the risk it's better investing in a cloner and clone

image16654.jpg

Okay in this photo idk if you can see it but it actually looks like rusting. Just noticed it.
image16655.jpg
image16656.jpg

These two photos are of the same plant with the rusting , I'm not sure if you can see but the buds are starting to get brown hairs.. A lot. And it's only been 5 weeks into flowering... I'm not sure what to do as not every bud has a bunch of hairs.

image16657.jpg

This is my other plant. It's not as damaged and has lots of crystals / thrichromes ... But it's starting to get lots of brownish hairs.! Ugh this sucks without a mircroscope!

alright :) it'll probably be more expensive since im in canada, and I hope they carry jewlers loupes at wal mart or sears... Sears really should, shouldnt they? But I wont give up till I check out every store in the town im going shopping in tomorrow lol! There's gotta be at least something , and I hate how I have bad eyesight and keep losing my glasses because I can barely see the crystals on the buds when I look without them, but with them on I see everything lol. But I'll for sure take a look tomorrow and keep you guys updated with better pics if I get one!

I will definitely know for sure to get bigger lights the next time I get some good seeds. Or clones. Never did get to get those R2 clones yet like I was supposed to -.- Oh well, I think I might wait to get those until a few weeks after harvest, so I'll have time to prepare for them... I think I did really good. I started these two plants back in the end of July I think, and if you take a look of my first photos ever uploaded on here, my babes came a really lonnnnggg way. I'm so proud of them , I dont even really mind anymore that the buds arent huge, , still got lots of crystal and they have a nice sweet smell to them. Everytime I run out of my personal right now, I always get tempted to cut a bud off of one of my girls but I always hold off lol. Dont wanna do anything like that with them until they are ready :) , and I never got to look for a jewelers loupe or magnifying glass because The weather is literally crap and we can't get out of the driveway lol. But hopefully tomorrow if the weather decides to lighten up.

Back
Top Bottom