First Grow Indoor Room

racer x

Hello im a beginning too growing so im trying and would love tips and new ways one of my goals is too grow just one if not more. i love relaxing at night and only smoke at night.

i have a different amount of seeds here and too tell you the truth i do not know what there called and don't know any strain name. sorry.

What strain is it?
Is it Indica, Sativa or Hybrid? What percentages?
Is it in Veg or Flower stage?
If in Veg... For how long?
If in Flower stage... For how long?
Indoor or outdoor? indoor
Soil or Hydro? soil
If soil... what is in your mix? 50% of MG 50% bone meal
If soil... What size pot? One Gallon
Size of light? 5000k cfl 4.
Is it aircooled?
Temp of Room/cab?
RH of Room/cab?
PH of media or res?
Any Pests ? no
How often are you watering? soil dry not moist
Type and strength of ferts used? none

THE LITTLE BURN SPOT IS FROM VERY YOUNG DAYS STILL STRONG AND GROWING

I've read it's normal for the little round leaves to die off.

As far as strain ..... no way to tell. You'll just have to grow it out and see how it smokes. You can tell a little by they way it grows and the shape of the leaves. If it's short and bushy with fat stubby leaves, then it may be Indica. If it is tall and lanky, with long skinny leaves, then it could be Sativa. If the leaves are a cross between the two, then you have a hybrid (most likely what you have). But, without DNA testing, there's just no way to know. If you are growing it from seed and you really like the way it smokes, call it what you will. Doesn't really matter.

You're probably going to want a small thermometer and humidity gauge. You can get them at pet stores. They use them in reptile cages and they are really cheap. Humidity is important and effects the way they grow. Temperature is also important. So make sure you are constantly monitoring them.

PH is really important also. You can pick up a cheap PH meter for like 12 bucks. I have a rapitest that cost 12 bucks and it works ok. You can test your water and your dirt.

You are going to want some kind of ventilation. You want fresh air to come in and the hot stale air to vent out. In your little CFL setup in your pics, you could easily use a computer fan and get plenty of fresh air. The plants need the fresh CO2 to grow.

Hope that helps some .... there's soooooooo much to read. Read everything you can find. Everything you need to know can be found on here.

Thank you for your information yes I've been reading this forum and taking notes for about a month ... yes ive been opening the door and leave it open twice a day for about few hours. i water them every 2-3 days i have a spray bottle i use with tap water i sat out for about a day ive been upgrading everything and getting new stuff every few days i have too get a ph tester and small thermometer and humidity gauge like you said. thanks for replying

the died one i had before is becoming healthy now and one of my new seeds that i planted one is up and inch from the soil looking good. and im also doing 18/6 right now going pretty good i think there moving fast.

10/20/12 its been a week since i posted new pictures and new info im getting new stuff like a cabinet moving the grow room , buying better soil fox farms plus there nutes all three grow bloom what ever the other one is called. heres some pictures.

this pictures is there 10/08/12 pic first threat and last. its the biggest of them all.

the dead one but coming back too life is this one right here after a week

since its been about a 2 weeks i've been using this plant food . its a few drops in a gallon water jug its been doing so good after first few sprays in a few days they were looking very good.

heres the last one. this one is very healthy i think so green and leaves always raising up too the sky growing fast looking good no problems ph level is between 6.6-6.9

ph level with all three plants are between 6.6-6.9

temperature is stuck 80'' always

i have a fan blowing on the lights keeping everything cool

using 5 cfl 6500k

two T8 tubes

...extr pictures thanks for looking and reading.

feel free help say anything. thank you

Looking good in my opinion! I'm growing my 1st plants too at the moment and can't say i know much about all this stuff yet. Beware of over fertilizing and concentrate on roots at first would be my advice if asked, but like i said: Looking good in my opinion!

I'll be watching this one, always nice to see how they turn out when using "mystery seeds" :DD

Looking good in my opinion! I'm growing my 1st plants too at the moment and can't say i know much about all this stuff yet. Beware of over fertilizing and concentrate on roots at first would be my advice if asked, but like i said: Looking good in my opinion!

I'll be watching this one, always nice to see how they turn out when using "mystery seeds" :DD

thanks yea mystery seeds ive been collecting thru out months of smoking thru many different buds.

They look good so far

* update* using fox farms ocean soil. i bought two 2 gallon buckets moved both plants new home. bought fox farms nutes also, added a new temperature gauge and a fan.

New Light. home made put together

Two t8 florescent tubes

two 5000k daylight cfl bulbs

three 6500k day light cfl bulbs

Its Been 3 days , Now 8 days now in the new soil.

temp 77 lowest highest 82

the right plant unknown seed. ph 6.9. its the biggest so far.

Here is the left plant unknown seed also ph 6.3

027_zps3cefd3c1.jpg

026_zps4851697b.jpg

025_zpsda83586d.jpg

022_zps7e5e89c8.jpg

021_zpsc17d2a26.jpg

020_zps6fb67c9b.jpg

010_zps1711c264.jpg

007_zps95c1f784.jpg

014_zpsc41d50cd.jpg

Allright, looks like rooting's done and vegetation is due to begin! I have a clone at same stage too, taken from my flowering plant. I'll be watching closely your progress, cool to see how the flowering clone compares to yours. I'm expecting a bit slower growth rate but hellish branching.

Keep it up, your plants looks very healthy to me, nice tight growth, robust deep green leaves.

Oh Yea, It's Been 24 Days From Seed. And Been Doing Very Good Since The Transfer To 2gallon pot. And fox farms ocean soil. Now i will Be Adding Fox Farm Grow. I've Been Leaving Water Out Too Sit Over 24 Hours. Ph Level has been around 6.9-6.3. I'm proud That You Said They Look Very healthy Too You Means Lot. Could You Explain a little more about the "nice Tight Growth'. Yes The Deep Green Leaves.

The Plant On your Right i believe at slow growth. And The one too your left is growing fast. the right plant is the oldest by a few days.:thanks:

Nice tight growth = Each set of leaves are close to each other (the plant is not stretching = Good lighting), growth is symmetrical and steady (uniformity). Hope that cleared my meaning :D

Take care and don't get caught, peace :goodjob:

Both Plants Are 27 Days Old Today. Any Tips Would Be Great. Both are different types random seeds out of the bag. I only get the best i'm excited about these two.

Hi racerx
Can I make few suggestions?
I wouldn't put tin foil around the bottom of the plants, they are so delicate at this stage. It's like putting them in a frying pan. You don't need to reflect light back up to get more out of it this early.. They look really dry to me, I would be foliar feeding them about 20 minutes before lights on, then they have a bit of a chance to dry off for the most part before lights come on. Plants in veg really like high humidity (RH) So try to keep them moist. I read you have a fan on the lights but make sure there is wind hitting the plants too. So they jiggle a bit. This will help them to grow healthy strong branches. I would aim to have your water PH between 6.0-6.5.

Hi racerx
Can I make few suggestions?
I wouldn't put tin foil around the bottom of the plants, they are so delicate at this stage. It's like putting them in a frying pan. You don't need to reflect light back up to get more out of it this early.. They look really dry to me, I would be foliar feeding them about 20 minutes before lights on, then they have a bit of a chance to dry off for the most part before lights come on. Plants in veg really like high humidity (RH) So try to keep them moist. I read you have a fan on the lights but make sure there is wind hitting the plants too. So they jiggle a bit. This will help them to grow healthy strong branches. I would aim to have your water PH between 6.0-6.5.

The Tin Foil Is Gone.-- Thank You

I will Start Too Water Them Before the lights. The Fan Is A Decent size and its blowing right on the lights and both plants are shaking a bit, but other words i would say they are jigging a little.

The Humidity Does go up and down a lot. between 41%-55%

I'm Moving The plants too a new location. I will Have a decent size cabinet for two plants. with controlled air flow and temps. will post pic asap when i get that all done.

Ph level has been around 6.2-6.5

Thank you For the suggestions and help.

I also have an question if anyone can answer, not sure if all plants are like this but. its been 27 days. And both plants have little white hairs on the stems everywhere. and crystals on the leaves. is it a female. i used a microscope.

i love your grow on the og kush.

Thanks man,
Yeah those white hairs are female preflowers.
Congratulations!!!
Let me know when you have your new place set up and if you have any questions for us..

No those white hairs are not preflowers, you will see the preflowers or pollen sacks when they have at least 4-5 nodes (nodes are a set of branches).

Back
Top Bottom