First Grow - CFL Tent - Northern Lights

Hey guys! just a quick update,

things are going sweelllll, not much new just plants growing, have done some
trimming to yellow leaves at the bottom, not yellowing but already all yellow and really weak.:morenutes:

going to visit my fam for christmas:xmas::xmas::xmas::xmas: and i will be having a friend water them for me..
So i will not be updating my journal :jawdropper:\
Wish you all reading and everyone at 420 magazine a Merry Christmas!! Cya guys soon:)!:thumb::Namaste::Namaste:
IMG_188518.jpg
IMG_1878_1_.jpg
IMG_188014.jpg
IMG_133225.JPG
IMG_132830.JPG

Great looking plant. Can't wait to see it when you get back. Lovin' IT!!!:high-five:

Hello Guys!!!! its been a while since i last updated ..
I got back into town last night, first thing i did is run to my plant hahah...
My friend watered it for me, She doesnt know about growing, had some small accidents happen.

The cola that i had damaged (pretty much broke off) while moving to water got some light burn at the cola its self not just leaves,
But it was a small spot so am really happy:p :thumb: I was so sad when i first saw the burn tho, i was really worried about it yesterday but i looked at it today and its not that bad..

Also alot of the leaves turned yellow, so i trimmed them off.. the buds look really healthy i was really worried about molding, because i had my friend water the plant inside the tent and not take it out, i had it ontop of an aluminum pan, But none was found:D

TBH Harvesting is something im still a little unsure about, ive read alot of forums here and on other sites all having different info..
Anyone have some tips ? How they build their drying box? or where they do it.. would it be possible to do it in my tent?
Have it in a cardboard box so its dark, cuz the lights will b on for my next grow..
GIVE MEE YOURR KNOWLEDGEEEEEE:OOO! PEACE GUYS:)

This is the Light burn i was referring to.
IMG_189820.jpg

IMG_189320.jpg
IMG_189520.jpg
IMG_189622.jpg

The cola furthest to the left is the one that got burnt so you get a perspective.
IMG_189917.jpg

Hello everyone!! sorry i havent updated in a while... just been so busy
school started up again, i also my next grow is already in progress...

SO!:love:

I harvested her 2 months of flowering, and hung dry 4 days, separated them by the individual cola and hung them up
upside down by a string in my plastic grow box that i used earlier for growing. i had one of my computer fans in there to create some ventilation. :surf:

After the 4 days of drying i decided to put them in mason jars to start the curing process. I bought a humidity meter that also has temp meter at petco so i stuck that in the jar to keep an eye on humidity in the jars, it wasnt too spendy. The humidity went all the way up to 85% the first day, and i was gonna have none of that...i didnt wanna risk mold to my harvest so i took them out and dried in a paper bag for 1 day, 12 hours open 12 hours closed, and then placed back in the mason jars...
humidity was only about 70ish% then, which is alright with me.
This will be the second day of curing, opening the jar daily for about 30 mins to let them breathe.

I smoked a small nug the first day of curing, and it was definitely very harsh, good smoke but harsh..
I tried a bit again with my girlfriend yesterday and it has improved alot, nott nearly as harsh..

:circle-of-love:With the trimmings and other small popcorn buds i decided i was going to go ahead and try and make some cannabutter..
I also used branches, chopped them up into half inch pieces and added them on the pile.
Cooked them in a crock pot for about 12 hours on simmer....
I made the mistake of putting the mixture in the freezer instead of the fridge so it froze before the mixture could separate.
The next day i just heated it up on low in the stove while stirring it til it was liquid again and put it in the fridge over night...
I will let you guys know how that turns out, making snickerdoodles with it today..

I didnt take the wet weight of harvest but dry weight is was about 2.5 ounces,:circle-of-love: not counting small popcorn buds, those where just added to the cannabutter. still expecting too loose a bit more as it keeps curing, but not too much, since they feel pretty dryish now.
I am more then happy with my harvest:D it turned out just how i wanted to.:) with anything over an oz i would have been a happy camper.

this was right after i chopped it down, discarded all the yellow leaves.
IMG_141529.JPG

I read it was good to give them room to breathe and not just try to stuff them all in one jar while curing..
IMG_148727.JPG

IMG_148820.JPG
IMG_148918.JPG

This is my next grow, this was a couple days ago, those seeds are already on the ground have been there for a couple days, already sprouted. will update with some pics soon, growing 1 Nirvanas Bubblicious and 1 Bubbas Gift. Both Feminized. As you guys can see i used the papertowel method to germinate.
IMG_145621.JPG

Hey everyone, update, weed smokes great, has bee curing for about 3ish weeks i believe, the
fresh cut grass smell has left and now the true smell has really started to come in.

:) super happy, ended up with about 2.4oz of gooood weed..
My Bubblicious and bubbas gift are doing great, with the bubblicious pulling in the growth race.

Hope all is well in your world.

Thanks for sharing this grow with us.

Please head over to the 420 Strain Reviews forum and post your smoke report there too.

I’m moving this to Completed Journals now.

Have you started a new grow you would like to share with us?

If so, please feel free to start a new journal here: Journals in Progress

You can use the Report Post feature found at the bottom left of every post and we'll move it for you right away.

Sending you lots of love and positive energy.

:Namaste:

Hello boys, I am back! for another grow! currently doing much research and trying to get my setup ready, will hopefully be upgrading for this grow from cfls to a 450watt LED light... but still looking into that.
Have been looking into possibly growing all organic, not sure if it will happen though still have alot to learn
also looking into growing with hydrophonics (no soil) but still have to look into that more so i feel more comfortable...
will probably still have some cfl side lights with it as well. Will post more once I actually get going... its gonna be a great one guys and gals..:thumb:

Back
Top Bottom