LoveBudnPeace's Soil Grow/Northen Lights First Timer 2014

for nutes I use the FF trio (Grow Big, Big Bloom & Tiger Bloom). combined with popularity around here, it was the most readily available locally - I didn't feel like ordering for it.

It's good you're letting your water sit to allow any possible chlorine to dissipate, but your water out of the tap could still be alkaline or acidic, which MIGHT be your problem - if your PH is too far out of spec, you could be suffering "lock-out" where certain nutrients aren't able to be absorbed.

Normally, soil will sort of self-buffer, but to ease the strain of it, I try to make sure the water I'm using is as close to neutral as possible or very slightly below neutral. Doesn't have to be super-exact with soil - I just use pool & spa test strips to get me close enough. Water out of my tap is somewhere around 8-8.2 When I fill a gallon jug, I add around 4ml of white vinegar (which is VERY little) and that brings the water down to around 6.6-6.8, which is very close to the range that the FFOF says it is out of the bag (says 6.3-6.8 on it) so if the soil DOES need to buffer at all, it doesn't have to work that hard to bring it to the desired range.

for nutes I use the FF trio (Grow Big, Big Bloom & Tiger Bloom). combined with popularity around here, it was the most readily available locally - I didn't feel like ordering for it.

It's good you're letting your water sit to allow any possible chlorine to dissipate, but your water out of the tap could still be alkaline or acidic, which MIGHT be your problem - if your PH is too far out of spec, you could be suffering "lock-out" where certain nutrients aren't able to be absorbed.

Normally, soil will sort of self-buffer, but to ease the strain of it, I try to make sure the water I'm using is as close to neutral as possible or very slightly below neutral. Doesn't have to be super-exact with soil - I just use pool & spa test strips to get me close enough. Water out of my tap is somewhere around 8-8.2 When I fill a gallon jug, I add around 4ml of white vinegar (which is VERY little) and that brings the water down to around 6.6-6.8, which is very close to the range that the FFOF says it is out of the bag (says 6.3-6.8 on it) so if the soil DOES need to buffer at all, it doesn't have to work that hard to bring it to the desired range.

Alright cool I look at my local stores to see if I can find the ff trio pack and I guess Imma need a ph meter what kind should I get?

Many around here seem to like the PH pen found on ebay. it's fairly inexpensive, and from what I remember everyone describes it as "the yellow one" - I guess there's a few on there.

I didn't get a meter or pen, I just use the test strips once each fill.... but I fill 5-6 jugs at a time, only using one strip but it's been staying consistent around 8-8.2 out of the tap. I got an HTH pool & spa test strip kit at Walmart for about $6 for a box of 50 strips

Many around here seem to like the PH pen found on ebay. it's fairly inexpensive, and from what I remember everyone describes it as "the yellow one" - I guess there's a few on there.

I didn't get a meter or pen, I just use the test strips once each fill.... but I fill 5-6 jugs at a time, only using one strip but it's been staying consistent around 8-8.2 out of the tap. I got an HTH pool & spa test strip kit at Walmart for about $6 for a box of 50 strips

Okay lol I'll go check out what Walmart has for me, and I checked out your grow your plant looks amazing! I hope my baby recovers soon and take off!

She's getting yellower. But the tops growing back. The upper leaves are starting to get yellow/ brown dots
image15400.jpg
image15401.jpg

She's 2 weeks 5 days old no nutes yet watered her yesterday till a little bit off run off came out still haven't for a ph tester yet but my temps are going from 71-85 max a couple days ago 91 but we just got a cold front and it's starting to really cool down its in the 60's outside rn.

Her leaves ARNT getting better and it's slowly progressing to the top leaves but the new growth from the toping is just growing and getting greener

image15404.jpg
image15405.jpg
image15406.jpg

The 6 strip has an app that reads it for you
image15408.jpg

Here are the results this is the ph that's going into my soil, I'm gonna wait a couple more days to water her again so I can get 20% runoff and then ph her run off
image15407.jpg

if it were me, I'd get the PH down a little... but you won't need as much vinegar as I use... maybe 2-3 ml vinegar to a gallon of water should bring you to the mid 6's, which will pretty much match the baseline of the soil.

Also, your free chlorine (to me) doesn't seem horrible, but if you can get it down to zero (or at least single digits) you'll be better off... you can bring that down just by letting the jug sit (with top off) for a day or two - the Chlorine should dissipate on its own

if it were me, I'd get the PH down a little... but you won't need as much vinegar as I use... maybe 2-3 ml vinegar to a gallon of water should bring you to the mid 6's, which will pretty much match the baseline of the soil.

Also, your free chlorine (to me) doesn't seem horrible, but if you can get it down to zero (or at least single digits) you'll be better off... you can bring that down just by letting the jug sit (with top off) for a day or two - the Chlorine should dissipate on its own

Okay thank you a lot for helping me out. Stay tuned for the next update ^.^

befote adding 2 ml of vinegar ph was 7.4 when added went down to 6.4 watered and runoff came out as 6.4 but high calcium coming out from the soil the "Hardness"
image15437.jpg

my own thought - you're just fine now... CL is at 0 and PH matches the soil range. I wouldn't worry about the "hardness" of the runoff - you're running water through fresh soil, I would expect the hardness to come up quite a bit.
Yeah that's awesome but I'm sitting here stressing at the same time cause of her lower leaves! There's also yellow spitting on the top leaves right now! Should I be worried? :'(
image15448.jpg

Transplanted and some soil fell and I seen a couple tiny pieces of roots will she be fine? I transplanted cause I want that to be her final pot and I'll switch to flowering in another 2-4 weeks

image15549.jpg
image15550.jpg

Hey there.If it was my girl I would back the lights off a few inches,flush the soil and not touch it again until the soil dried out.She looks heat stressed and over watered.Good luck.:peace:

Hey there.If it was my girl I would back the lights off a few inches,flush the soil and not touch it again until the soil dried out.She looks heat stressed and over watered.Good luck.:peace:

Oh alright I'll do that in a couple days cause I just watered her so I don't wanna over due her with water.

Hey guys.. Bad news got raided last night and I plucked her from the pot so she's gone now... Will be doing another grow hopefully soon

Thanks for sharing your grow with us.

We are sorry to hear of your loss.

I’m moving this to Completed Journals now.

Have you started a new grow you would like to share with us?

If so, please feel free to start a new journal here: Journals in Progress

In the future, whenever you complete a journal, please use the Report Post feature found at the bottom left of every post, so we can be alerted to move it for you.

Hope all is well in your world.

Love and respect from all of us here at 420 Magazine.

:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom