First Grow - CFL Tent - Northern Lights

jackwhite23

Hello! as the title sais this is my first grow. I am growing in a plastic bin,gonna have to be creative, open to all advice!lets do this!:cheer: growing 2 plants 1 is younger then the other one, will post pics of the smaller one later, just sprouted 4-5 days ago
What strain is it? Nirvanas Northenlights
Is it Indica, Sativa or Hybrid? What percentages? Indica
Is it in Veg or Flower stage? early veg
If in Veg... For how long?
If in Flower stage... For how long?
Indoor or outdoor?Indoor
Soil or Hydro?Soil
If soil... what is in your mix?Fox Farm Mix
If soil... What size pot? about a 1 gal
Size of light? 135 watts atm
Is it aircooled? fan
Temp of Room/cab?75-80
RH of Room/cab?40-50
PH of media or res?
Any Pests ? have found small bugs but killed
How often are you watering? every 2ish days
Type and strength of ferts used?Fox farm trio

does this look like heat stress? light burn?

IMG_087440.JPG

IMG_087332.JPG

Re: CFL Northenlights/soil/First grow/micro

More Photos of my set up so you guys get a feel for the grow!:) right across the bin there is a window and a door.
IMG_088029.JPG

IMG_087826.JPG

will be adding more lights as the grow goes on, will prob max out at around 250 watts tho, havent decided we shall see.
IMG_087630.JPG
IMG_087730.JPG

i have not started nutes yet, the pictures above are after i moved my plants a bit further away from my plants! and thanks!!!:Namaste::420:

Thanks for your reply! beofre yesterday when i watered i just watered the top and not the whole plant pot at once, i am guessing that might had something to do with that, i watered it completely til it came out the bottom, plant is looking healthier, but its only been about 12ish hours since, only time will tell! will post pic of improvement soon!:thumb::thanks:

This is the other little guy,just transplanted her (fingers crossed)from the smaller germination containers from nirvana. growth picking back up. :circle-of-love:
once they get bigger i plan to do some LST, topping, and do some sort of scrog screen to get the most out of my space. I am currently running 4 23w 6500k bulbs and 1 40watt 2700k, as mentioned earlier will be adding more as they get bigger.

For Flowering i have 4x40watt 2700k and 4x 23watt2700k, might add 1-2 6500k 23w during flowering, i will decide that later on. :welcome:

anyways, i for my first grow i wanted something small and cheap but could still be efficient.
i got the reflective material and the tub from walmart as well as some of the lights with the clips, (they are pretty cheap grip wise, so i would suggest securing it a little more to reduce the risk of the light fixture falling.) Ordered my seeds from Nirvana, came in stealth package about 2ish weeks later. :cheer:

Bulbs and other items just a mixture of stores lowes/homedepot. The lights are hanging on from a wood bar/stick, i made 2 holes just the right size on the bin to keep it really sturdy. I plant to add another small bar just like this one a big higher up so i can light them up good.:thumb:

IMG_088323.JPG

Hello guys! just a quick update i transplanted the older plant to a bigger pot! and have added a 23w 5000k light to the grow, was the brightest i had in hand, didnt want to put a 23w 2700k since i already have the 2700k 40 watt in there. trying to keep it on the light end i guess...
i made the pot change last night and since then the plant looks healthy, today the leaves are pointing up towards the light,
this picture was taken right after i did it so they are really droopy.:cheer::420:

im thinking i am going to have to make another box for vegging and one for flowering if im going to have a constant supply...
will be trying to figure that out as the grow continues :volcano-smiley:

My soil gets dry very quickly, i stuck my finger in the bigger pot that was watered yesterday and seems to be pretty dry 1-2 inches in..
should i water as it gets dry? or keep to a 2-3days schedule letting it dry up for a bit, i heard its good to let it dry up a bit.. let me know what you guys think.....
space is a little tight but i will try and manage the best i can so i can give them both sufficient lighting...
does anyone else feel like the awkward guy at home depot in line with just a bunch of light bulbs? let me know.. i feel yah..
IMG_088524.JPG

Hey there guys!!!! its been a couple days since my last update, plants are doing awesome! The browning of the leaves on the edges stopped, all new growth is nice and green:) really happy about that...
The bigger one is starting its 4th node will be topping soon!!!
any tips? first time topping, its going to be tight, got big scissors(sharp) and a tiny top, leaves coming in cover that top good!!
still got the lights on 24/7 thinking about switching to 18-6 or 20-4....
IMG_090033.JPG

.will be doing some reading on that and we shall see what i decide.
have not watered since i last updated which has been about 4 days,:circle-of-love: will be looking to water very soon, probably tomorrow.
will start nutes on the bigger one, low dosage, starting out small working way up,washing out every other watering.:high-five:
IMG_089927.JPG

I am using 5 6500k 23w and 1 40watt 2700k, this will be enough til i transplant the smaller one..
how long in can you tell the sex of the plant while in veg? :420:
Pretty baked right now.. GL guys peace
IMG_090130.JPG

Hey guys!!! exciting day for me today!
I watered the plants, i started nutes on the smaller one. and i also topped it today.. its on the 4th node,
doing the recommended feeding using the fox farm trio, used Big Bloom
everything seems to be going great so far we shall see how the plant heals up:)!! :volcano-smiley:
its so fun to watch it grow..
Also when i looked at it just now i found a ladybug!! decided to take some pictures and thats why im updating :thumb::circle-of-love:
tried hard to get it on the plant hahah took a few tries, kept flying off wanting to be on the wall againts the breeze of the fan;p
haha enjoy guys i did;p SMOKE ON!!!:thanks::420:
IMG_090423.JPG

Hello guys!:welcome: day after i started nutes and when i woke up this morning to check up on them the plant was pointing up as much as its ever been! everything is looking good so far, lady bug is still hanging out found it this morning cuddled up againts a leaf haha..
its been a beautiful process so far and looking forward to growing different strains..!!!:circle-of-love::cheer::420:
IMG_091532.JPG

its looking pretty green down here all very healthy looking, stem and branches have really been starting to stretch out these days.

i think i might have cut too little for the top might have been a Fim instead... it was just a tight fit cutting
im sure it will turn out alright either way:) pretty happy about it.
thinking about adding 1-2 more bulbs to start getting more lighting on the smaller one since its growing in size.
gonna add more 23w 6500k if i do..

IMG_091728.JPG

Hello guys!!!
i watered both the pots today, noq giving big bloom and grow big to it... no nutes on the smaller one yet,
going to wait 1-2 more weeks to start. :rollit::rollit::rollit:
i Have also added more lights, i am using 201 watts right now,

7 6500k 23watt bulbs, 1 2700k 23watt, and 1 2700k 40 watt,...:lot-o-toke::lot-o-toke:

IMG_092932.JPG

and thats what i will be using to finish off vegging
will be vegging for 1 more month.
the older plant has been in veg about 1 month,
it has grown slow due to not enough air ventilation in the box:welldone:, and just other simple mistakes, that i am slowly taking care of
When i topped i suspect i cut too little off the top to actually top it, or even fim it,
not surprised was using huge scissors and its not such a big top and it was covered by alot of leaves.
IMG_092326.JPG

anyways, it has healed up and is now growing a new top, might just let it grow out like this and just lst it, just to try and stress it less.
I also realized i should be watering the smaller pot more often, keeping it moist, especially when it was :grinjoint::grinjoint::grinjoint:younger...

I ordered some of the Cooltron its about5x5 inches so will be cutting the whole to install that in..will get another one to get put some air out, not now tho, will prob
IMG_093025.JPG
:high-five::volcano-smiley::cheer:
I actuallytook those pictures yesterday, its looking up alot more
and the growth on the top is picking back up , so we are back on track!!....
any suggestions ???
this is my first grow,
i know its cheap but i wanted something small for my first grow, and ive learned alot...
All advice is welcomeeee:)!!!:420::420:

HELLOGUYS!!!

its been a little over a week since my last update and my plants seem to be doing great!:morenutes::morenutes:I watered them yesterday now feeding all 3 nutes from the fox farm trio to the bigger one,
and started Grow BIg for the smaller plant.....:amen:

i actually just saw my last post and realized the total wattage i put was off,
its actually 224watts being used right now, think i might keep it here til flowering, i have an
LED sidelight, was debating or not wether to throw that in or not.

Biggest change since last update? i added a 4.7x4.7xinch computer fan on the right wall that keeps the freshair coming in,
i took out the big fan i had,:tommy: and replaced it with another smaller fan i had to keep the air moving.

I also transplanted the smaller plant and have begun LST! alot sooner then i did with the older one...i plan to be vegging for probably another 2 weeks..then will flip to flowering. let me know what you guys think!!:blunt::blunt::blunt:
any advice is welcome.. PEACE!:420::Namaste:
IMG_094940.JPG
IMG_094835.JPG
IMG_094735.JPG

hey guys, looking to change over to flowering 2-3 days from now hopefully,
trying to fix heat issues, will be getting a fan for more ventilation,,,
IMG_096934.JPG

just watered today, will post another pic tomorrow, they should be lookin good...
anyways feel free to leave any input, questions, all is welcome..
:thumb:
IMG_096427.JPG

Damn JackWhite (white stripes reference?) I'm so sorry I'm late, finally after all this time I've found another plastic box grower, you should have seen the smile on my face! Looking good in here bro! As for watering, give this a try What is the "lift the pot" method?

Looking forward to this one bro keep me posted!!

Yes! it is a white stripes reference haha, glad to see someone notice;p:thumb:
as far as my watering problem i had,
it has been fixed since then... i did give tht link you posted a good reading tho, never hurts.
i appreciate your comment! and will keep updated!!:thanks::thanks:

i actually started flowering last night, so we will find out if the larger plant is a female....
got my fingers crossed..........
if the smaller one ends up being only female i will be a little sad, but there is nothing like
the experience of growing.
using a total of 275 watts for flowering, i actually got a 68watt 2700k today from home depot,
it did not work tho, will be returning tomorrow, i also didnt realize how huge the bulb was!!!
compared to the 23, or even the 40 watt bulbs i have..
:420::420:::Namaste:
IMG_098329.JPG

Back
Top Bottom