First Time Grow Journal - Advice Welcome!

So I just bought three 23w equilvalent to 100w incandescent lights.... I replaced two bulbs as they were 13 equivalent but I have one leftover with no lamp. So now I need to invest in a lamp. Anyone know where I can purchase some cheap ones? I keep checking out the frenchys and salvation army but no luck, they're all way too big to hang and too short to put by my plants and not shaped right at the bottom to set them on their sides.

again can purchase a 105 watt equilavlent to 500 watt incadescent for $25.00

image15277.jpg

do those look like balls? shes revealed hairs in other parts but these look weird.

Welll this sucks.
One of my lamps fell on one of my plants and took two branches with it.
But that plant is still living, I guess she will have to be in veg a bit longer than the other one so she can at least fill back out a little bit.
The two branches that broke, i took clones with them. A lot. So hopefully those will all turn out since my last ones didnt... fingers crossed

The Most success I've made with cloning would be when one grew 1 inch of good thick roots then it just went lifeless and went all soft in the stem and broke apart when I touched it. Then since then, all of my clone have turned out like that. I've stopped spraying my dome, but its still happening. Right now i have some in soil in the dome and I have some sitting in a cup of ph balanced water outside the dome.. Some have rooting hormone and some dont, some have been scraped at the bottom and cut 45 degrees at the end and some are only cut 45 degrees at the end. I've made sure they all have 2 nodes in the soil with the ones in the soil, and the others have 2 nodes in the water. I'm hoping at least one turns out since I have like 20. Thats an estimate however I dont think I am over exageratting.. give or take a few... I just took them lastnight when the branches came off. I want to purchase some rock wool in the near future, hopefully very soon

Ever heard of water cloning? No need for that ph bs or rock wool it takes a tiny bit longer then hormone but if you take your cutting and put it straight into water after it will do all on its own no moisture dome needed... Sounds redneck but it works especially if you get your cuts in water as soon as you cut it

If you put it in the rockwool make sure it's moistened good with water or rooting gel. You don't want where you cut the stems to be exposed to air that will make your clone go bleh since its losing water pressure. In other words yes you can, just be careful.

My clones seem to be doing okay... how often does rock wool need to be watered? And I was wondering if its absolutely necessary to use a heating pad under the dome... if so, should i elevate the dome so its a little bit above the pad? how far above? Or does it really make a diff if i do or dont use one.... Advice needed!!

The heat under the dome will work heats not needed but it's said to help root stimulation

I heard that the heat from the heating pad can burn the roots or whatever... but i took 20 clones a while back when I posted and now there's 4 left.... huuu, im not doing a very good job eh? I might just take one once in a while now, and keep experimenting until I get it right. The only time when one actually rooted before the moisture went right through it, was when I used Aloe Vera gel straight from the plant on the cutting, so I may actually try doing that again, without spraying the dome, so fingers crossed that this works :)

image15584.jpg
image15583.jpg

Alright, here are my girls today, november 8th 2014

I was wondering if It was okay if I pruned the damaged leaves, like the ones who got nutrient burns and burns from the lamps.... I plan on putting them into flowering on my birthday, the 24th.... The plant on the top has 4 lamps on it, which are 2 23w cfl equivalent, 1 26w cfl equiv. and the last one you can't see because I had to move it for the pic, but its 13w cfl equiv.... And the one on the bottom has three lamps on it, 2 23w equiv and 1 13w equiv.... I need to invest in more lights, clearly..

On the 24th I am also expecting my 2 R2 clones, :) I am very excited for those.

I have 4 seedlings in another room, well, I guess you can consider 3 of them legit plants in vegetation right now, but the other one is a seedling...
I will post pics of those later, I am pretty sure they are also an indica and sativa hybrid.

Hey.

Yep, you can go ahead and prune off the damaged leaves, so long as you don't leave them bare.

Also, the first page of both my grow journals detail my DIY grow areas so feel free to have a look; one is a cupboard under the stairs and the other is made using old wardrobes. I DIY pretty much everything.

Depending on wether you want to stress your plant you make the choice of pruning the leaves... If they don't pull off by themselves with a slight tug I don't cut em

Back
Top Bottom