First Time Grow Journal - Advice Welcome!

Out of at least 5-6 use the SCROG or Sea of Green, Topping or FIM - growing methods (use 3 gallon) the est grow LST/Natural. Remmeber one learns something new during/after each grow. Not to worry (basically you want to keep plant short and bushy, How big is your grow space; again?

image14744.jpg
image14743.jpg

So this plants calyxes are really big , then tonight I seen these big white things coming out, are they hairs? There's like three of them in a bunch

You put them in the freezer and then after three days take them out AND THEN you put them in your wet paper towel in a bag at room temp. If they r frozen they will not germinate until you take them out and put them in the paper towel... The reason I said put them in the freezer is it makes them react faster when you put them in the warm wet paper towel so instead of it taking ten days to sprout since they weren't in the freezer it normally takes 2-3. After they r in the wet paper towel they don't go back to the freezer.

So I moved the space around again, I put the dome on a stand by a heater and a window that gets minimal light all day. The two lamps are on my two girls now. :)

Although I realized I'm stupid, I accidentally unintentionally put ten seeds to germinate, and I realized I will for sure have no room... What do I do? Can I take out seeds cause I only wrapped them in the paper towel lastnight, and put them in the freezer or something? Or should I just flower them early? Huuuuu help :(
if they r in the freezer just leave them when your ready to germinate then take them out of their in the freezer right now your ok their not germinating yet.

image15088.jpg
image15087.jpg

so here are my babies today on october 21st 2014 :) Id say they are looking pretty decent , although i need more lights desperately but it sucks when you have a seasonal job and get laid off once it starts getting cold out...
But its all good, ill be getting lights at the end of the month hopefully :)

I have a question though, i know i wont be doing this anytime soon but can you put plants into flowering without a 36 hour darkness period? Like will it affect them if i dont do it? Because i literally cannot find a black out blanket and my room is not 100% pitch dark at night.
any suggestions or alternatives for a black out blanket?!?!

You don't need the 36 hours of darkness I dont I just switch to 12/12 the 36 hour thing supposedly helps them but when does a plant ever get 36 straight hours of darkness in the natural way of things... Never... It probably stresses them more then helps them IMO

I never do that darkness period either. When I decide to switch to 12/12, I go into the grow room, I remove 6 hours from my timer (18/6 in Veg), and I let her go about her day uninterrupted.

I don't do dark periods before harvest.

I don't do harvests in the dark.

I let everything run normally, and work around her normal light schedules.

Yea I've never understood the 36 hours of darkness before harvesting either... If you grew her good she'll turn out how she's supposed to stress free and potent enough to make your eyes cross

And as far as lights if you plan on getting bigger and not growing a shit ton is suggest a 400 watt that you can put metal halide and hps buld in. 400 watts will still be alotof heat and if your running on a budget go with that and a window ac with a thermostat to keep temps o so right

Never heard of a extended dark time before you put into flower, just switch to 12/12 - simple; also one can purchase a "light-out" covering from any grow supplier

So I just bought three 23w equilvalent to 100w incandescent lights.... I replaced two bulbs as they were 13 equivalent but I have one leftover with no lamp. So now I need to invest in a lamp. Anyone know where I can purchase some cheap ones? I keep checking out the frenchys and salvation army but no luck, they're all way too big to hang and too short to put by my plants and not shaped right at the bottom to set them on their sides.

Back
Top Bottom