First Time Grow Journal - Advice Welcome!

yep, i usually fix thing and reuse them until the plastic perishes to the point where brittle flakes just drop off, then the object gets booted around the back yard in anger if it had the audacity to die at a critical moment lol

image14531.jpg

Is this a male? I need to know cause I have a female in the same room..

I don't know but don't panic; if those are balls they're a while from opening any time soon. give it a bit more time to grow a bit more and then whack another pic up. isolate it in another area with a light on it if yoh can, for safety.

Yeah buddy at the hydroponic store said its a legit grow light , and doesn't need a ballast , just a normal lightbulb socket , I don't know the name of it right now, but keep an eye on my thread and I will for sure post the name of it when I purchase it or find out the name of it
The cfl way would defiantly save you on your electricity bill in the long run but spending 2-300 dollars on a light setup(400watt 600 watt ect) is defiantly worth the investment for yeild . But if you consider this they run hot and you'd have to invest in an ac but a good few 2-or 300 watt cfls will give you a good little bit of personal. It all depends on how much you really want to get outof your plants . I've seen good bud grown with cfl but not like a high pressure sodium and metal halide setup. Sounds like your moving along pretty good. Always nice to see when plants r happy

yep, i usually fix thing and reuse them until the plastic perishes to the point where brittle flakes just drop off, then the object gets booted around the back yard in anger if it had the audacity to die at a critical moment lol

yeppp sure is a franky lol... mate ive a couple of ballast and couple of lights i am selling 600w , i only use 250w now x 2 . got more of them also like the 2 in picture , handy for one plant or 2 like you see

P1050892.JPG

yeppp sure is a franky lol... mate ive a couple of ballast and couple of lights i am selling 600w , i only use 250w now x 2 . got more of them also like the 2 in picture , handy for one plant or 2 like you see

Out of interest, what sort of price are you wanting to achieve for, say, one of the 600w ballasts? lol a man can always stand to consider expanding his setup lol

Did you just call me a Franky? I've not heard that one in years... but then I've not spent much time around culchies in years :p

it you use foil put the "shiny side" against the wall , because it absorbs light as were the "dull side" of foil will reflect light--same goes for mirrors, don't use, they absorb light also. But if using mylar shinny side out.

it you use foil put the "shiny side" against the wall , because it absorbs light as were the "dull side" of foil will reflect light--same goes for mirrors, don't use, they absorb light also. But if using mylar shinny side out.

do not use aluminum foil as it creates hot spots..

In leiu of Mylar, i would recommend flat white (matte) paint (silk is acceptable in a pinch; never use gloss)

Foil can have a lensing effect, directing slim beams of hot white evil right onto your plants, burning right through... similar to "kid+magnifying glass+sun+ant"

There is a paint specifily for grow walls it's a flat white with metal flakes by Monster Gardens cost $50.00 has a 95% reflectability. it's works

and there it is, $50(£31.31) for the monster garden paint whereas normal flat white emulsion can be had for $7.98(£5) and boasts 85% reflectivity. If i had an extra 31.31 to put into my grow budget that would get me 5 35w(150w) CFLs as well as lamp holders to put them in. I'd get that over some paint any day lol

I'm going to be moving my babies once both sexes are determined , in my basement because with the way the air system works in my house I can make it all go into the basement and have no smell leak upstairs. But I am going to actually build a little grow crate for my babies. I seen a dude with a big white plastic barrel and he cut out a square as a door and put hiss babies in it. It seems interesting. I will post more photos after my wake n bake with a flash so it's better quality.

Maybe invest in a small tent even.

Tents are easy to take down and just as easy to put back up. They contain the smell as well as light.

A homemade cabinet can get rather heavy, not always so easy to dismantle in case you decide to move it, and can fall apart on you if not built solidly enough.

If a tent malfunctions and breaks, you most likely will get reimbursement from the company you got the tent from!!

Back
Top Bottom