First Grow - All Input Welcomed

i believe i could gain about 4-5 inches taking the ballast and housing out of the grow space. As far as the hanging hardware the light is hung right to the top of the cabinet maybe about 1" of space between the top of the light and the top of the box just enough for some airflow to pass over. The other reason i though about doing this was to eliminate the heat from the ballast having to be inside the box as it would be one less heat source inside the box. And i have done the lst,fim,topping and a scrog to keep everything compact i have 13" to the top of my screen then about another roughly 2 feet to the top of the box and with the hps light in i have about 16 or 17" between the screen and the bottom of the light. As far as cost's i dont think it should really cost all that much im thinking the only thing i would need would be a 6' section of the right sized wire to just extend the mogul (sp) socket away from the ballast housing.

Sounds to me like you have a handle on this. You have looked at your options and are ready to proceed. Full steam ahead, just don't cut any corners with electrical safety. You may consider if you fix your screen to be in an arc relative to the bulb, you will get max output across the entire screen. All tops the same distance from the source. Example of this is a vertical grow in the round. In a flat garden I put the shorter plants in the middle under the light. To create a bowl shape more or less. This idea also minimizes one shading the other out.

:thumb:

Been a little busy the past few days haven't had a chance to update but things are running ahead full steam and looking good can't wait for the buds to start showing up any time now. Did some trimming of the under carriage and got the fan and filter up and running. Here's a pic of pre-trim
100_02613.JPG

And here's a pic of post trim
100_02633.JPG

And here's a few other shots from today
100_02644.JPG
100_02651.JPG

I'm at day 13 of flower so exactly a week ahead of you and my tops are definitely starting to show some buds. As far as stopping pulling the shoots back under the last day i pulled them under was day 4 cause once i did it then my screen was full and i figured i only had about a week and a half of stretch left so that would give me my little colas above the screen. As far as yours goes i would go maybe a few more days just to fill out the screen which it looks like your pretty close.

Day 15 flowering update. Things look to be on track to me. The smell is getting better everyday. The tops are starting to get a little thickness to them and also started to notice the beginnings of the buds on the lower parts of the shoots so it should be getting more and more interesting as the days go by. :thumb:
Here's some pics from today.
100_02712.JPG
100_02723.JPG
100_02733.JPG

And i also have had a little experiment running since she starting flowering my buddy gave me another clone and i decided to flower it right from the get go no transplanting no nothing besides what the full size one gets so far she has been liking it and can take full strength nutes i wonder what she will look like when done. Maybe one tiny little nug sticking out of a rapid rooter square.
100_02745.JPG

I haven't had a chance to see what this strain looks like cant find any pictures unless it's called something else but from what i've been told it's supposed to get some purple to it. I kinda get a grape smell from the stems. And i ended up flowering this one before the mother plant that it came from gave off any other clones so this is kinda the trial run for the plant. The guy i got the clone from is only about half way into vegging his clones.

Ok i ended up talking to the guy i got the clone from and the person he got his mother plant from said it's called purplewreck. From everything i read and saw oh boy does it look great. Hoping to get some purple hues in there by the end (fingers crossed). So it's day 17 of flower and here's some new pics from today.
100_02754.JPG
100_02773.JPG
100_02783.JPG

Whats everyone think? Personally i don't think things could be going that much better for a first timer, But i have read so many things on here i feel like its been longer. There is so much useful information here and so many nice people with good ideas and help.
:thanks::420:

This is soooo Excitin !!!!!!!!!!! :thanks: Im also on my 1st grow, I have some BS seeds i started with, then got 8 Skunk crossed w/ Hash Plant going that are about 4in tall...... I have a ways to go!

Go for it man, she looks amazing! Unless you want to wait till next months contest when shes really getting ripe! How high are most of your branches above the screen? Looks like I better let them grow above the screen for a few days and if it's still really stretching pull a few over to the next holes just in case it stop stretching sooner then later. Smelling good now?

I'm thinking of it for next month once she has more solid buds, plus with that monster mr. smith grew jeez is all i have to say. I'll have to measure them but on just a guess i'd say between 6-8". With the smell she is starting to get more and more stinky by the day but only inside the box.

Back
Top Bottom