Nutes: What To Use & How To Use Them Tutorial

Unless your plants show a deficiency, giving them more of any nutrient will not make them bigger. You can't force feed a plant to fatten it up. And many nutrient companies still sell you the myth that plants need a lot of phosphorus in flower.

More light might make for bigger buds if your current one is under powered for the space, but over a certain amount of light there is no added benefit without major tweaks like added CO2 and heat.

More light might make for bigger buds if your current one is under powered for the space, but over a certain amount of light there is no added benefit without major tweaks like added CO2 and heat.
Oh ok, I’m so glad I stopped in first lol I almost ordered a lot of unnecessary nutrients and additives. I’ll definitely be adding a bag of co2 and recharge to this grow, while I continue using FF trio. Is there anything else you think the girls can benefit from? As far as I know it doesn’t really matter what brand of nutes I use bc they are all the same, right?

Oh ok, I’m so glad I stopped in first lol I almost ordered a lot of unnecessary nutrients and additives. I’ll definitely be adding a bag of co2 and recharge to this grow, while I continue using FF trio. Is there anything else you think the girls can benefit from? As far as I know it doesn’t really matter what brand of nutes I use bc they are all the same, right?

Ok, I was just about to order the 3 additives to add to the FF trio I used last grow or should I only add recharge? I wanted to add a little something more to their diet for a bigger possibly better yield this round. I’ll also be upgrading the light as well.

work with light and basic nutes first. you can't bottle light.
90% of growers experience the largest upgrade with light.

wall to wall light first. learn how to use it on basic nutes second. there's loads of good nutes.

there's only one or two basic things past that point that will really make a difference.
get your environment decent - light - temp - nutes - and let the plant do it's job.

co2 doesn't help until the light / temp / nutes / humidity are all in line. the light drives the cycle.

I’ll definitely be adding a bag of co2
I'm of the belief that CO2 bags are a waste of money given how much they can produce and the rapid exchange of air in a tent, but people think they're great so I don't argue.

When I say CO2 I'm talking about a tank, sealed room, monitor and alarm, and no one asleep when it's on. Along with that comes temps in the 90s and lights able to produce much higher PPFD than most growers need to spend money on.
Is there anything else you think the girls can benefit from? As far as I know it doesn’t really matter what brand of nutes I use bc they are all the same, right?
There are many differences between nute lines and this isn't the thread to go into it since it's a sticky.

I'd be happy to give you my thoughts on the subject in my thread or yours though!

bluter is right when he says that wall to wall light is the best upgrade you can make after you have well-fed plants.

I'm of the belief that CO2 bags are a waste of money given how much they can produce and the rapid exchange of air in a tent but people think they're great so I don't argue.

When I say CO2 I'm talking about a tank, sealed room, monitor and alarm, and no one asleep when it's on. Along with that comes temps in the 90s and lights able to produce much higher PPFD than most growers need to spend money on.

right above.

there's a lot of other things to do right long before co2 is on the radar

I'd be happy to give you my thoughts on the subject in my thread or yours though!
Ok, moving to my thread. Thanks @bluter for your input. I really appreciate all the information I can get. I look online (Google) but always end up right back here. Which is perfectly fine with me.

Re: NUTES - What To Use and How to use them - Tutorial

Maybe I'm misreading this, but I believe if I gave my plants this much FF nutes, they would be burnt to a crisp.

Anyone actually giving their plants this much FF chemical nutes like Grow Big and Tiger Bloom in soil?

:peace:

Harry
I believe people who don't pH the solution after mixing nutes with water are the ones that end up with dead plants. Any organic liquid for plants like Fish Hydrolysate etc are full of Phosphoric Acid and need to use Potassium Bicarbonate to up the pH to 6.5ish.

My Tridents Pride Fish Hydrolysate is high on ppm. Says 4oz per gallon but then the ppms after adding Potassium Bicarbonate ends up like 3400 ppms.

Great stuff though. I use it in flower cause the K from the Potassium Bicarbonate evens out the NPK.

1tbsp in 1 gallon water was 650ppm after pHing it.

4111OWoX4ML._AC_.jpg

Regarding the Miracle-Gro dosing and warnings I found an MG product that changes the equation: Miracle-Gro Vegetable & Herbs (18-18-21). It contains Soy Protein Hydrolysates. They seem to do magic things.

I discovered this product during the dark ages, when a visit to a hydro store or a "cannabis-related purchase" could get my grow questioned in court and my home confiscated. Michigan was putting legal growers with cancer out on the streets. Bad times.

And then I ran across this stuff.

It had an organic compound that was water soluble and usable in hydro grows: soy hydrosalites -- a veritable amino acid soup; enzymes, bio-synthesizers, bio- traffic cop. That Piques my interest. And at 10-bucks a 2# bag. Why not? After one whiff of the bag, oh man I could smell the organics. More piqued interest.

And I could buy it at the local hardware store? Without undercover drug cops watching me!

I give away alot of my experiments, which is allowed under Michigan law. And the biggest compliment I get is flavor. Potency is a given as I buy the right genetics, but as for flavor I do believe the amino acids help. I know of other advantages of soy protein hydrolysates, but this is something I hear a lot.

Also, under my ViparSpectra XS 1500 lights, using a 70/30 mix of perlite/peat and this stuff as a base I've harvested 10 ounces of GG #4 bud in a 2x2 space, then turned around and produced 8 ounces of Do-Si-Dos bud. These are good numbers for a 2x2 space and an outstanding ViparSpectra XS 1500 light.

I think 420 magazine and others might want to take a look at this. For stealth growers this can be a grow-saver. For me, now Michigan has new laws, this stuff seems to work for me.

Back
Top Bottom