Hello from an Old Man Grower working with 2x2 & 4x2 Boxes

Wanted to say a quick hello and tell you a bit about me.

My relationship with cannabis goes all the way back to April 1st 1972, the first Ann Arbor Hash Bash, and a couple-week period when cannabis was legal in Michigan. That was my "senior skip day," when a group of us high school students from Western Michigan took off to toke and enjoy the festivities.

I've been tokin' and growin' off and on ever since.

Stage IV cancer led me to consume for medical reasons. And when Michigan legalized medical cannabis it piqued my interest in growing again. By the time it was fully legal with 2.5 oz travel limits, and 10.5 home storage limits, I was fully in as a micro grower, and designed and built a system that would be convenient for me to operate as my cancer and its treatments sap my strength.

I have attached a few photos of my grow room from about a month ago. I have 3 2x2 cabinets, and one 2x4 cabinet, each one dedicated to specific stages of growth. It took a couple of years to build and design. I will be posting a more complete description in the Cabinet & Set-Up forum.

My interests here are learning, contributing in forums, and creating a grow journal. I just had an Amnesia Trance seedling pop up in my continuous grow and will be following that seedling through drying and weighing, as well as giving a peek at other plants I have going on at the moment.

Hello to all! I'm looking forward to getting to know you folks.

DSC_9719.jpeg
DSC_9707.jpeg
DSC_9708.jpeg
DSC_0004.jpeg
DSC_0049.jpeg
DSC_1188.jpeg
DSC_9711.jpeg
DSC_0057.jpeg
DSC_0171.jpeg

MicroGrowerMan (MGM)

DSC_1358.jpeg

Brilliantly organized setup - love the chair in front of the tent lol
Presume you'll be doing some crazy LST to keep 'em low?
Thank you for the kind words. I'll explain my setup more in a day or two in the Cabinet and Setup section, however right now you did hit on something different that I do (and I do a lot of things different), which is I move the plants instead of the lights.

Right now I'm growing in 2.7-gallon pots filled with 100% perlite and fed with high-frequency fertigation. These pots are very light weight and easy to move.

If you notice in the attached photos the cabinets have cleats parallel to each other that support the shelves. They are spaced 6" apart. I use 2x4s and 1x4s as risers to fine tune height.

The tall plant highlighted in the attached photo has been lowered from the photo in the initial post and now stands 36" tall, and if I need it I can go up to a 42" plant. That seems to be plenty enough room for most strains.

Good question. Thank you.

MGM

DSC_1578.jpeg
DSC_1579.jpeg

Welcome to 420mag :welcome: nice set up you have over there, really making the most of that space 👌
Thank you, Greenvein. It took some planning, but I think it is working out well.

I'm glad to be here and hope to be an asset to the forums.

Welcome to 420mag :welcome: nice set up you have over there, really making the most of that space 👌
Sorry for the double post. Still getting used to operating controls on my end!

Welcome to 420 Magazine
MicroGrowerMan awesome growing you’ve got going on there.
Also check out our sponsors and contest all below on my post , enjoy .
Thank you, West Hippie, for your kind words.

I'm aware of two sponsors involved with my current grow, ViparSpectra and Seedsman, both have been important factors in my growing success.

I've also taken a look at the contests and am sure interested in participating. In addition to growing weed, I also enjoy photographing it.

This should be fun!

Thank you, West Hippie, for your kind words.

I'm aware of two sponsors involved with my current grow, ViparSpectra and Seedsman, both have been important factors in my growing success.

I've also taken a look at the contests and am sure interested in participating. In addition to growing weed, I also enjoy photographing it.

This should be fun!
You’ve got 10 post just another 40 to go which you’ll find out is pretty easy to do to get into the contest.

You’ve got 10 post just another 40 to go which you’ll find out is pretty easy to do to get into the contest.
Actually, I think I have only made three posts, the rest have been thanking people for their warmth and kindness! 😁

Actually, I think I have only made three posts, the rest have been thanking people for their warmth and kindness! 😁
Still a post , just touch your avatar to keep up with your post as you’ll see 11 post with a bunch of likes . Hit the second avatar and see the profile.

Welcome to 420 Magazine @MicroGrowerMan

Nice looking grow you have going.
Have you ever made a grow journal?

Here's some helpful info.

Welcome New Members - Please Read Before Posting

Here is some information if you would like to start a a grow journal How to Make a Grow Journal

If you want to see want other growers are doing, here's that link. This is where you place your journal.

Journals in Progress

Current and Ongoing
www.420magazine.com

And, after you have over 50 posts you can vote and enter our contest to win free grow stuff from our sponsors.

420 Contests
Win Cool 420 Prizes
www.420magazine.com

Stay safe, and grow well my friend,

Tok..

Welcome to 420 Magazine @MicroGrowerMan

Nice looking grow you have going.
Have you ever made a grow journal?

Here's some helpful info.

Welcome New Members - Please Read Before Posting

Here is some information if you would like to start a a grow journal How to Make a Grow Journal

If you want to see want other growers are doing, here's that link. This is where you place your journal.

Journals in Progress

Current and Ongoing
www.420magazine.com

And, after you have over 50 posts you can vote and enter our contest to win free grow stuff from our sponsors.

420 Contests
Win Cool 420 Prizes
www.420magazine.com

Stay safe, and grow well my friend,

Tok..
Thank you Tokin!

As for grow journal ...

Yes, I have, at another site. But they are not into grow journals the way 420 Magazine Forums are. And, I do want to start and complete one here. I just dropped my favorite strain, an Amnesia Trance, this past weekend and had it's head poke up yesterday so I thought this would be a good time to start.

It will be part of a continuous grow, so I will cover the progress of other strains, as well. That way people will get a good idea of how my grow works, and perhaps I'll pick up a few suggestions to make it better.

MGM

Wanted to say a quick hello and tell you a bit about me.

My relationship with cannabis goes all the way back to April 1st 1972, the first Ann Arbor Hash Bash, and a couple-week period when cannabis was legal in Michigan. That was my "senior skip day," when a group of us high school students from Western Michigan took off to toke and enjoy the festivities.

I've been tokin' and growin' off and on ever since.

Stage IV cancer led me to consume for medical reasons. And when Michigan legalized medical cannabis it piqued my interest in growing again. By the time it was fully legal with 2.5 oz travel limits, and 10.5 home storage limits, I was fully in as a micro grower, and designed and built a system that would be convenient for me to operate as my cancer and its treatments sap my strength.

I have attached a few photos of my grow room from about a month ago. I have 3 2x2 cabinets, and one 2x4 cabinet, each one dedicated to specific stages of growth. It took a couple of years to build and design. I will be posting a more complete description in the Cabinet & Set-Up forum.

My interests here are learning, contributing in forums, and creating a grow journal. I just had an Amnesia Trance seedling pop up in my continuous grow and will be following that seedling through drying and weighing, as well as giving a peek at other plants I have going on at the moment.

Hello to all! I'm looking forward to getting to know you folks.

DSC_9719.jpeg
DSC_9707.jpeg
DSC_9708.jpeg
DSC_0004.jpeg
DSC_0049.jpeg
DSC_1188.jpeg
DSC_9711.jpeg
DSC_0057.jpeg
DSC_0171.jpeg

MicroGrowerMan (MGM)

DSC_1358.jpeg
Incredible set-up my friend.
Welcome to 420Magazine. :welcome:

Just curious do you have a smoke detector in there? :Namaste:

Stay safe
Bill284 😎

Incredible set-up my friend.
Welcome to 420Magazine. :welcome:

Just curious do you have a smoke detector in there? :Namaste:

Stay safe
Bill284 😎
Thank you, Bill.

I have one just outside the room, next to a vent into the room. There is a fire extinguisher next to it. The whole house is hard wired with the suckers, but this one isn't connected to it. It's just a cheap add-on I put there when I assembled the room. Thank you for your concern.

My grow journal will go up some time today. I did put together a more complete description of the room here if you are interested: 2x2 & 2x4 Grow System: Every Stop is Neatly Planned ...

Yo micro..... looks like you got a sweet set-up man!! Well done Growmie!! Happy Tuesday to you!! 😎✌️

Back
Top Bottom